It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you believe about the history of the world is False

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

All your hand waving just shows your lack of a hand in the cards you were dealt: and that is, no evidence whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Once again prove we can not, tell us why we couldn't.
I have provided links saying we can..you have produced bugger all.

Oh and please stop trying to divert my questions by talking BS stuff like my avatar gives of bad energy, how can a picture on a computer give bad energy...you are talking bollocks.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In fact don't bother I will just leave you to your delusions.
redoubt had the right idea.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by Xtrozero

So how long would you say it takes for this life that exists around you, to arise in the first place?

Depends...if you are talking new species of very advance life then most likely a few million years. If you are talking physical traits within the same species then much quicker.

The simpler the life form the quicker though.

Mammals in general were very limited earlier than 60 million years ago, so what you see as mammals are the result of 50 to 60 million years of evolution. Primates, the order we come from started about 50 million years ago with our ancestors are rather late in the ball game with about 2 million years ago. With what we would call homo sapiens (us) at about 150k to 200k years ago, and modern man about 6000 to 15,000 years ago.

So maybe if you narrow your question some?

edit on 21-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Now you're just tiring, like having a little pesky gnat buzzing around your head. Until you can build a Pyramid, you have nothing. Hell, pyramids are the most common structures around the world, including North America. they didn't have such wealth that we do today to build these things did they?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And how long did it take for advanced life forms to arise in each new period?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

CircleofDust -

I would just like to add that your message of humanity's possible history; various ages long gone, may not be wrong. I know I am not smart enough to rule any of it out.

But I would suggest offering it without first seeking to tear down the beliefs of others in the process. It would be far more readable and offer a greater chance of dialogue if there wasn't that backhanded slap that opened it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We can build skyscrapers and dams and suspension bridges and airplanes and spaceships and lego cities and giant container ships etc etc, so why would we need to build a pyramid. We could build a pyramid, if we were so inclined, but for what purpose? why do we need to build pyramids nowadays? Our focus has changed, but our ability to construct them has not...
edit on 21-7-2013 by aorAki because: dams, not damns lol

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I can agree with that line of reasoning. It's just that sometimes people need a big slap upside the head. Most people are asleep, zombies since birth. If I have a failing in my method, but causes someone to wake up, then I'll take it for now and hopefully can learn another better way in the future.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yes, we have lost our way and can only produce facsimiles of greatness today. Will anything of our modern age survive a cataclysm?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Plastic, metal, roads, earth disturbances, many things, depending on the cataclysm. You see facsimiles, I see technological advancements that are far superior to anything our ancestors had.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Almost sounds like you are using a scale to measure our civilization. I prefer this scale. Otherwise as far as the history of things, we are only taught what others want us to believe. So the ones in power get to write our history and in many cases it is extremely hard to find out how things actually went down.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

The only thing that survives is rock. So there will be absolutely no evidence whatsoever of all our 'greatness'.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Fascinating, thanks for the new info (to me).

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

And how long did it take for advanced life forms to arise in each new period?

You are assuming that life has some kind of reset back to the microbe stage I guess and I think the last time that happen was 650 million years ago...so I do not understand your question...

Mammals flourished after the dinosaurs stop being the top of the food chain 65 million years ago from the K-T event, but they been around for 200 million years.

As for humans, our primate past started about 50 million years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The only thing that survives is rock. So there will be absolutely no evidence whatsoever of all our 'greatness'.

I disagree the lunar landers will be around for billions of years...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They'd have to be there first. Stanley Kubrick admitted in his movie Shining that he filmed it all for Nasa. Another big failure for modern man.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Give us a giant hole in the ground.
Rock doesn't survive, it can get eroded, subducted, reconsumed.
I guess we're stuffed then....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

so ..

what you're saying is ..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

But you still have no evidence from one life to another. That's pretty odd, wouldn't you say? And how exactly does life arise from nonlife? Is it mutation?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join