It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Engine now in the USA.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Pilgrum

A governor is what's notably absent in all 'overunity' devices and my thought is it's because they don't need governing to control the speed simply because they don't actually work except for extracting cash from non-technical investors.

Lol. That;s a nice one.
Over Unity is of some consequence beyond COP of 6,
otherwise it is not viable for any practical use

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Once this device is built it will continue to turn on its own, no fuel is needed,

hellobruce
Why will it turn on its own? what will power it?
We've discussed that but you choose to ignore it.

hellobruce
Voltage has nothing at all to do with frequency - why do you think it does?
JUST WOW!!!!
Here's what I said in full. I HOPE EVERYONE COMPARES IT WITH THE LITTLE BIT YOU CHERRY PICKED.

VoidHawk
The 50/60 hertz (depending where you live) would be controlled via the voltage controller circuit, thats how its done with solar cells where the inverter controls both frequency and voltage regulation."

hellobruce
You really do not understand much about electricity or physics....
Either YOU know nothing about electronics, or your just trolling, grow up!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

whywhynot

VoidHawk

hellobruce

VoidHawk
Now consider this device in ten years time when its been redesigned and made even more efficient!

In 10 years time it will be running as good as it is today - which is not at all!

It'll run for many many decades without need of replacement parts,

Well, it will not need replacement parts as it will not work!

Hi Bruce
Please post your construction diagrams of this device and show us exactly why you think it wont work. If you dont have the diagrams then all your doing is offering your opinion.

Please take and pass some physics and engineering courses and then you will understand why an engine without an energy source cannot produce energy.

That was aimed at Bruce, and quite clearly he cant produce what I asked of him.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

boncho

Why does no one get this? Gravity is not a source of energy.

Things may have changed since I last touched a phyics book BUT I thought we still didnt have hardly a idea what gravity was except that its there and its linked with mass and time. Untill we figure out more I dunno if we can what it can potenialy be manipulated too.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Pilgrum
A governor is what's notably absent in all 'overunity' devices and my thought is it's because they don't need governing to control the speed simply because they don't actually work except for extracting cash from non-technical investors.

A governor really is of zero importance because there are so many ways to control the rotational speed.
Have you ever noticed that the early steam engines had a pair of weights that widened their rotational arc as speed increased? That was a very early (and successful) form of controlling speed. In the case of this gravity engine it could be done in the same way, or they could apply loading to the alternator IN THE FORM OF STARROGE BATTERIES!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
FREQUENCY IS NOT A PROBLEM
A GOVERNOR IS NOT A PROBLEM
PEEK DRAW IS NOT A PROBLEM

WILL IT WORK? I MYSELF DON'T KNOW, BUT NEITHER DO ANY OF YOU.

IF YOU CANT PRODUCE THE BLUEPRINTS FOR THIS DEVICE ALL YOU ARE DOING IS SPOUTING YOU OWN OPINION!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

crazyewok

boncho

Things may have changed since I last touched a phyics book BUT I thought we still didnt have hardly a idea what gravity was except that its there and its linked with mass and time. Untill we figure out more I dunno if we can what it can potenialy be manipulated too.

Thank you!
The kind of thinking being practiced by these people is what holds mankind back.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Thank you!
The kind of thinking being practiced by these people is what holds mankind back.
I don't see thinking holding people back.

Plenty of people THINK they know better than what the physics textbooks say, yet attempt after attempt thousands of times has only served to reinforce what the physics textbooks say about perpetual motion machines is true.

If this thing works it will be the first time and we might have to re-write some physics textbooks. That would be a pleasant surprise. But considering the thousands of failures before it, and the amount of rigorous testing that the laws of physics have now been subjected to, it seems less and less likely that our models of physics are completely wrong. They probably need more tweaking like Einstein's work tweaked the work of Newton under extreme (relativistic) conditions, but even that wasn't a major change for everyday applications where we commonly still use Newton's old math which is accurate for non-relativistic conditions.

In all cases of perpetual motion machines I've studied so far, the proponent of the idea lacked an understanding of physics. So don't you see that all these efforts to prove physics wrong which have failed, have actually done more and more to prove our understanding of physics is right?
edit on 18-9-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The spinning balls on a steam engine is the governor

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

VoidHawk
A governor really is of zero importance because there are so many ways to control the rotational speed.
Have you ever noticed that the early steam engines had a pair of weights that widened their rotational arc as speed increased? That was a very early (and successful) form of controlling speed.

Good grief, you really do not know much about engines, do you - that device WAS THE GOVERNOR!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

hellobruce

VoidHawk
Have you ever noticed that the early steam engines had a pair of weights that widened their rotational arc as speed increased? That was a very early (and successful) form of controlling speed.

Good grief, you really do not know much about engines, do you - that device WAS THE GOVERNOR!
en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you! Because thats EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!
I mentioned it because another poster was hinting that the gravity engine couldn't work because he couldn't see a governor, and my point about the steam engines governor was to explain HOW EASY it is to attach one.

By the way, you still havent shown us the blueprints!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

mikell

The spinning balls on a steam engine is the governor

See my post above this one.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

VoidHawk
Thank you!
I don't see thinking holding people back.

But what we see in this thread is a refusal to experiment.
If this engine worked, but everyone behaved as we see in this thread, it would never be invented.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Not to be nit-picking but the spinning balls thing is actually a speed transducer that provides the controlling input (commonly using hydraulics) to the governor actuator and here we call it a 'pendulum'. The only reason you don't see them these days is because they're enclosed.

There is no pendulum/actuator combination that can modulate gravity but that's all drifting away from the point I was trying to make though..

Let's suppose that we are presented with a miraculous rotating mechanical machine that can produce 30kW or more on the shaft forever with no energy input, just gravity. IE as soon as we release the brakes, it takes off (I don't see any brakes either btw)

How is it controlled is my question

What happens if the load is not equal to the machine's output ?
Or load is lost suddenly when it's at full speed/output (if a fuse blows or a coupling fails)
How can it be stopped quickly in an emergency (like an overspeed situation)?

Those are examples of issues that should be looked at very closely in light of industrial health & safety regulations.

Of course these are all moot points if the thing doesn't actually work.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

VoidHawk
But what we see in this thread is a refusal to experiment.
If this engine worked, but everyone behaved as we see in this thread, it would never be invented.
What I'm trying to say is we already have thousands of experiments telling us how gravity behaves on Earth. Unless this experiment is vastly different somehow, and it's not, why would it have any different results?

It's like dropping a 10 pound iron weight alongside a 1 pound iron weight from the leaning tower of Piza as Galileo is said to have done centuries ago. Aristotle might have expected the 10 pound weight to fall 10 times faster, but it didn't. You can do this experiment 1000 times, and they will always fall at the same rate. What you seem to be saying is "but unless someone does the experiment, how will they know they will fall at the same rate?" We don't expect the results on the 1001st trial to be any different than it was on the first 1000 trials.

We understand this behavior of gravity and aspects of mechanical engineering well enough to model it with computer software, which someone has claimed to have done, with the model showing no net output. The models will differ slightly due to the difficulty in estimating frictional forces accurately in bearings and other moving parts, but these differences are small and overall computer models have proven to be pretty accurate, especially for simple mechanical systems like this.

RAR_Energia_Ltda_Gravity_Motor

I tested their first model with my computer (the first 2 Steps), and there was no overunity energy there. Can't wait to see other pictures!!! (I don't think it's a scam!)

Pilgrum
What happens if the load is not equal to the machine's output ?
Or load is lost suddenly when it's at full speed/output (if a fuse blows or a coupling fails)
How can it be stopped quickly in an emergency (like an overspeed situation)?
Like what happens if you put your car in neutral and floor the accelerator?

The RPM gauge goes into the red zone, and I assume something fails after a while but I'm not sure what would fail first...maybe a bearing?

So good point...what in the gravity generator is analogous to the accelerator/throttle in that example? There isn't anything analogous.

If the thing really worked depending on the rpm needed you might be able to use something like this to test it:
Winco 35FPTOC-3 - 35 kW Tractor-Driven PTO Generator (1,000 RPM)
That's rated at 35kw and I think the gravity engine is expected to put out 30kw.

You could either connect something useful which used 30kw, or just dump the output into a water-cooled resistive load, which should keep the rpms down out of the "red zone" wherever that is for this device.

Of course you have to wonder how they calculated the output was expected to be 30kw. Maybe it was just a wild guess instead of a calculation?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

boncho
Gravity is not a source of energy. Gravity is potential energy, you need thermal or chemical energy to create a positive energy balance, so that "potential" energy can be used, turned into kinetic or thermal energy so it can be used.

Ie. The sun (chemical/heat energy) heats water up, it evaporates, pours into a dam. Now all the water is potential energy because of gravity. It flows downhill, turns a turbine (kinetic energy) and it converts to electric which then powers something.

Maybe it heats a boiler, (heat energy) which can be directly used for heat, or through another turbine, etc.

Gravity is a source of energy, but only with massive objects like the Sun (pressure -> fusion), or the Earth's core (pressure -> heat). If you could get those hydrothermal pipes down into the Earth's core or mantle, that would be perpetual energy, as the pressure from gravitational attraction compresses and heats up the liquid rock.

But with fusion, there is a finite amount of fuel, and it won't work on a small scale.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Idk about you but after looking at all those picture, i came to conclusion that it was Loveless's invention from Wild Wild West.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

stormcell

boncho
Gravity is not a source of energy. Gravity is potential energy, you need thermal or chemical energy to create a positive energy balance, so that "potential" energy can be used, turned into kinetic or thermal energy so it can be used.

Ie. The sun (chemical/heat energy) heats water up, it evaporates, pours into a dam. Now all the water is potential energy because of gravity. It flows downhill, turns a turbine (kinetic energy) and it converts to electric which then powers something.

Maybe it heats a boiler, (heat energy) which can be directly used for heat, or through another turbine, etc.

Gravity is a source of energy, but only with massive objects like the Sun (pressure -> fusion), or the Earth's core (pressure -> heat). If you could get those hydrothermal pipes down into the Earth's core or mantle, that would be perpetual energy, as the pressure from gravitational attraction compresses and heats up the liquid rock.

But with fusion, there is a finite amount of fuel, and it won't work on a small scale.

Earth's interior is a nuclear furnace. This is the reason it produces its own heat.

The gravity machine, probably is smoke and mirrors and nothing will come out of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Still no production of miraculous clean free energy?

Even the staunchest supporters must be starting to have a few doubts about this project.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Pilgrum
Still no production of miraculous clean free energy?

Even the staunchest supporters must be starting to have a few doubts about this project.

Just like spaghetti rossis cold fusion,Lol
But when was this gravity engine due for test?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join