It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Engine now in the USA.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not only will not work but cannot work within the physical world as we know it. Space warp and transporter beams may work when this contraption does.

Are you able to elaborate please?
I wonder how much the size of that thing will vary throughout the years. Maybe, kinda like the pyramids, the bigger it is, the more output.
edit on 9-14-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

anonentity
reply to post by anonentity

Free energy isn't free some one has to pay for the concept to be installed. But the possibility of tidal energy is so simple, no wonder no ones actually done it. From big paddles in the Ocean currents generating massive amounts of power.
Then what about this one? Imagine something like a massive swimming pool somewhere up around where the tidal rise and fall is the highest. Then next door to it another pool the same size. They are resevoirs in fact. Now the valves to number one are opened as the tide comes in and it fills up. When its full, valves with generators in them allow the water to pass into the empty pool. As the main tide is going out. The valves from the second pool open when the tide is low enough to drain them both completely at low tide. So for six hours you have a total generating capacity for free. Then for twelve hours of the twenty four you have a free and stable generating capacity, ad infinitum? shoot me down.

Not far from where I live there's a nuclear power station sitting just a few yards from the sea. The sea is very deep there and so hardly goes out at all at low tide, however the current is so strong its difficult to even anchor a boat. That current is free energy, and its there for 24 hours per day, and what did they do? They built a nuclear power station!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Mugen

whywhynot

Not only will not work but cannot work within the physical world as we know it. Space warp and transporter beams may work when this contraption does.

I wonder how much the size of that thing will vary throughout the years. Maybe, kinda like the pyramids, the bigger it is, the more output.

IF it works, and I give them credit for ignoring the "It'll never work" crowd, I suspect as you seem to, that the bigger it is the more its capacity to generate increases.
They've just updated their website, was silent for nearly three months.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Not far from where I live there's a nuclear power station sitting just a few yards from the sea. The sea is very deep there and so hardly goes out at all at low tide, however the current is so strong its difficult to even anchor a boat. That current is free energy, and its there for 24 hours per day, and what did they do? They built a nuclear power station!

I can think of many scenarios in which the energy dispersed, is greater than the amount of energy used. So why not harness all the energy dispersed, than to let it go to waste?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i saw a piece the other day on the internet somewhere that a new piston had been developed for wave power that was better than the current one that only worked on the ebb and flo .

s& f voidhawk my country is a vast untapped potential for this power

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Mugen

whywhynot

As a fellow machinist, who is required to machine parts within 0.005"

I'm trying to get into the mind of the engineers. Why does this contraption have to be that big, or small? If this question has been answered in this thread, I apologize, I'm useless.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I think that was already asked but nobody had a good answer.

We can only speculate beyond the official information posted, but it doesn't look like it was designed by competent engineers to me, but rather by mechanics who don't know engineering, as evidenced by the components which are way thicker/stronger and more expensive than they need to be.

I also noticed on the last three photos that it doesn't appear to be moving, in spite of the claim it works. If it really works they should upload a video to youtube or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Mugen

Mugen

whywhynot

As a fellow machinist, who is required to machine parts within 0.005"

I'm trying to get into the mind of the engineers. Why does this contraption have to be that big, or small? If this question has been answered in this thread, I apologize, I'm useless.

None of us know that answer at the moment. They keep us updated with almost daily pics, but they've not told us how it works. I agree that it seems very over engineered, but lets assume for a moment that its really going to work. If thats the case then once this thing starts turning it'll run forever. All it'll need is a squirt of oil on the bearings once in a while. Consider those old steam engines from years ago, they too were heavily built and they'd still be running today if we had a use for them.
The predicted output of this device is 30kw. Thats not a lot for a machine thats so big! But its enough for 30 to 50 homes.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Arbitrageur
reply to post by Mugen

I think that was already asked but nobody had a good answer.

We can only speculate beyond the official information posted, but it doesn't look like it was designed by competent engineers to me, but rather by mechanics who don't know engineering, as evidenced by the components which are way thicker/stronger and more expensive than they need to be.

I also noticed on the last three photos that it doesn't appear to be moving, in spite of the claim it works. If it really works they should upload a video to youtube or something.

If you look closely at the latest pics you'll see there's still a lot of linkages that havent been connected. I got the impression they meant a model had been run? The translation is poor so its difficult to tell.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

geobro
i saw a piece the other day on the internet somewhere that a new piston had been developed for wave power that was better than the current one that only worked on the ebb and flo .

s& f voidhawk my country is a vast untapped potential for this power

Hi Geo
Yep, same here. The town where I live has three rivers that flow into the sea. Not only could they be dammed for producing power for the town, but millions of gallons of good clean fresh water flows into the sea every day, and when summer arrives they tell us water is short and we sometimes get rationed.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

i cannot remember where i saw that piece i think it was on bbc red button news i think but i remember reading a weird piece about the same thing in nexus magazine a few years back .

some guy saying the same thing that he had invented a drum device that could collect a vast amount of energy under water i will look through them this week to see if i can find it your head still spinning with that question ???

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I think you're overlooking a few things in relation to the potential of the water current for generating energy as opposed to the nuclear option, mainly the issues of cost/benefit and economy of scale. A tidal generator there may generate far less than a megawatt which would be hardly worth the expense of construction whereas the nuclear station could easily be in excess of a gigawatt of capability and the nearby ocean current has not been ignored. It's being used as a fairly constant temperature source of cooling water via heat exchangers and the effective cooling allows constant operation at higher loads. If the cooling medium heats up the facility has to be de-rated accordingly.

That lost heat is a wasted source of energy that could be exploited if a cost effective means of doing that could be constructed and some plants do have 'energy recovery units' which are generators using some of that waste heat. It all comes down to cash in the end and to compete with coal fired generation you need to produce a megawatt hour for under $50, around $60 for gas turbines (that's 5-6 cents per kilowatt-hour) over the lifetime of the power station and make a profit after factoring in all planning, construction, operation and maintenance costs.

The ocean is an incredibly harsh environment causing very high operation and maintenance costs which makes hitting those pricepoints a difficult challenge that hasn't been achieved as yet.

This 'gravity generator', if it even works, will also have to achieve those sorts of prices to be competitive in the energy market.
Let's say it can produce 30kW continuously for its lifetime of 50 years
That's 0.72MWh per day = 263MWh per year = 13 140 MWh over 50 years
Energy market revenue will be around $650 000 over the 50 years (and that's very ambitious)
They need to plan, build, connect and operate it for 50 years for less than half a million to even show a profit which I'd say is impossible even with zero fuel costs. Great conversation piece though.

'The predicted output of this device is 30kw. Thats not a lot for a machine thats so big! But its enough for 30 to 50 homes.'
The diversified maximum demand of a typical residence at the peak demand time is more like 4-6 kW so this device could only handle maybe 5 or 6 homes unless the power was actively rationed and just one home if it had luxury inclusions like ducted aircon, spa and heated swimming pool etc.
edit on 14/9/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Mugen

VoidHawk

I can think of many scenarios in which the energy dispersed, is greater than the amount of energy used. So why not harness all the energy dispersed, than to let it go to waste?

When you look at how a large factory was powered at the beginning of the Industrial revolution, like using a river, a race, and a hydrolic device that turned all the machines in the factory, we seem to have gone backward. One I saw had been working for a period of a hundred and fifty years without a service.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi everybody..I made this account a long time ago and really only post on things close to home. I live about 30 miles away from this place. I'll try and get up there this week to ask them some questions and grab some pictures if they/I have some free time. If anybody has a question or two they would like me to ask I would be more than happy to.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Stuff like the law of thermo dynamics and these stupid notions that keep people locked into the thought that free energy machines are impossible is so stupid. They're obviously just put out there by TPTB in order to try to keep people locked into the idea that free energy machines are impossible. When they're totally possible!

There's probably hundreds of free energy tinkerers that are either bought off and living large or six feet under. And there projects stored away safely in some g=v warehouse.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

spartacus699

There's probably hundreds of free energy tinkerers that are either bought off and living large or six feet under. And there projects stored away safely in some g=v warehouse.

Few and far between, but entirely possible

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Russians have been generating their own power in their basements for over 10 years with pmms made out of magnet arrays. GE and other companies buy up all the good inventions. Hundreds of cars have driven off of water with completely different designs but they are not allowed to manufacture them because DOD gets to axe any patents they want in the name of national defense. It should be called oil defense. Anyone like overunity?

As the companies acquire and shelf all the inventions, then they quote the first law of thermodynamics which is almost always misunderstood. Yes water has lots of energy in it....it's about converting the energy into a usable state which can take some initial energy to get STARTED but once the function takes off you can loop some power back to initial function.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I wonder if this is just a promotional item.

It might seem that if they were able to make free energy and build a generator in the middle of the populous, that you might hear about something like that on the news.

or, does everyone think the MSM is in on conspiracy?

Anyhow, If they are able to generate energy with this and it is even cheaper, then it might be worth it. Also, why are they only building one. Something like this should be built many times over. Why have one when you can have 10 at ten times the price.

edit on th03am15America/ChicagoSundaySundayam2013-09-15T03:57:37-05:00-18000 by LamiaLilit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
but once the function takes off you can loop some power back to initial function.

That works exactly the same as flying by jumping up, then lifting yourself by your shoelaces.

None of these "free energy" devices will ever work.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

LamiaLilit
If they are able to generate energy with this and it is even cheaper, then it might be worth it. Also, why are they only building one. Something like this should be built many times over. Why have one when you can have 10 at ten times the price.

They are not able to generate energy with it... why build 10 when 1 does not work.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join