It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

It would seem to me that this man was INSIDE of a home, where he could call the authorities and wait, he CHOSE to come outside and PROVOKED a confrontation BY shooting in the air and then was attacked. Either way however, he still defended himself.

If I was out and about as a teen, breaking into cars and someone SHOT at me, I'd RUN... and not at the person with the gun!!!! Just like If I were walking home from a store and someone was following me, I'd RUN! Because honestly it would have scared me, I think that Trayvon was fully aware that Zimmerman was part of this "neighborhood" watch and chose to initiate a physical confrontation, otherwise there is no way Zimmerman would have been found not guilty.

The problem is, sadly enough... no one seems to care if this young man in your story above was shot, and it is not headline news, and our president isn't saying anything about it. That is my problem with the Martin/Zimmerman trial, the media attention and the backlash from the verdict.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

However, criminals aren't the smartest of the bunch, why I'm suspecting these two criminal boys were probably kicked out of school too, probably drug dealers and users just like the criminal Trayvon.

You suspected completely wrong, they are not drug dealers, and they were not kicked out of school.

The boys were unarmed, never got remotely close to Roderick and yet still shot him 2 times in 'self-defense' when Chris was not even close to him. He didn't attack Roderick beating his skull in on pavement like what happened to Zimmerman.

If I was to say a teen was charging me, I have the basis to shoot them twice killing them? # that's nice logic.

Roderick shot the teen in the back.

Link
edit on 22-7-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Loveturd

What makes you say Zimmerman had clear sight of Trayvon? I never said whoever was on top is the person who initiated the fight.

Zimmerman was told to stand down, and if he did and waited at his car, Trayvon, possibly paranoid from his marijuana use, may have went around the block and jumped him. My argument was Zimmerman had a weapon. How did Trayvon get the upper hand? If it was a face to face encounter, it's hard to believe Zimmerman wouldn't have pulled the weapon before it got to that.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," If it was a face to face encounter, ",,if he shot him face too face there would have been a hole in the BIG BUTTON,,,,,,, see the 7-11 tape too confirm.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What big button? Forensics proved it was face to face, and what are you even implying?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

Forensics proved it was face to face,
,,no Forensics proved at an angle,

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lady Justice is (color) Blind.
End of story.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Then the president feels he needs to get involved! Is it me or is that not his job?

It's not just you. The Constitution would agree with you.
It was his JOB to let the Judicial Branch handle it. This isn't the purview of the Executive Branch. That's why we have separation of powers.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I think Obama had to say something because the media was making such a big deal out of it. Obama wants to improve his ratings and what better way to do it than to take the stance of the minority and younger generations who did not agree with the verdict. I heard about the case you mentioned before and people were also making a big deal of it, but it didn't need to go national, nor did the Zimmerman thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This video is commentary on the Roderick Scott case and that the media is biased and wants to start a race war. I don't think either is guilty of murder if it's in self defense. I don't know the facts about Mr. Scott's case, and if he was being attacked by this white 16yr old young man, then it's self defense.

So, for everyone saying if Zimmerman had been black and Martin had been white the case would be different can shut up and realize the media and politicians and race baiters are trying to start riots.
edit on 27-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: changed age of the person shot

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No one knew Roderick was going to get acquitted, people were watching the news expecting him to be put behind bars and that day he that he was found not-guilty everyone was stunned and furious because everyone didn't understand when Roderick shot Chris in the back, how it's possible for Roderick to be claiming self-defense. You wont see this on major news networks or the daily show, it goes against there bias.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join