It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Those kids were committing a crime. Trayvon was walking home.
The two surviving teens admitted to theft. Trayvon paid for his Skittles.
There were three teens. Trayvon was alone.
Roderick Scott was immediately arrested and charged. Zimmerman was not.

Source1

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ever hear about Channon Gail Christian, and Hugh Christopher Newsom?

That's right, I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why buy into, and perpetuate, the media driven racial hype?

We are all humans. In a few hundred years our different races will begin to melt together
as we inter-breed on this big round melting pot we call Earth..

Why perpetuate the ignorance of hate-based bigotry?

Just let it go...Deny Ignorance..

edit on 20-7-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
I just watched the potus claim that trayvon could have been a young him. I have come to the conclusion that obama is practically demonic in his enthusiasim to fan the flames of violence in the country, there is no other conclusion. Zimmerman was found not guilty but obama wants to keep it going there is only on conclusion and its not a good one.

You hit the nail right on the head, his calm and soft spoken demeanor, inside he is a seething snake, throwing gasoline on a fire, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Hellloooooooooo?!

the rallies are today, that is exactly why he gave that speech yesterday.
www.cnn.com...

The Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network said the goal of the rallies is to urge the Justice Department to consider a federal civil rights prosecution in the death of Trayvon Martin.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I really don't care, white people don't get nearly the amount of harassing and racial profiling as the rest of the world does.

Muslims were screened after 9/11 just because they "look like terrorists" ( my parents totally agree with this nastyness)

African Americans have be racial profiled since the plantation days.

Hispanic and Latinos are always assumed to be drug mules, drug lords, cartel members.

Asians are made fun of cause they are smart...I haven't seen much racial profiling on them.

Charles Manson, Jeffery Dahmer, Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, Son of Sam, John Wayne Gacy....all white.

Knowing that these criminals did far worse things than having a joint on them....why aren't the European Americans profiled?
edit on 20-7-2013 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

Where was the outrage when we found out we were killing innocents across the world??
edit on 20-7-2013 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There are so many whose love has grown cold in these earth tests. They work so hard with politics, the division card they play over and over, and the media to grow heartlessness in people, so they lay seige to our Wisdom and Love and block our progression upon passing.

I'm for the little guy, the grass roots citizen, the troubled teen, the one in need. Anyone digging pits for them, and trying to program people to consider them trash, is someone whose salt has grown cold, and who needs some massive counseling and healing.

These stories are all massive tragedies. And I never blame the kids, they're only partly to blame. For our leaders, our well paid so called public servants, and the ones behind them, are who have worked to dig the pits for these angels to fall in, and they are going to face them one day. And at the ones orchestrating this mess, I firmly lay the guilt and responsibility, so I ask once again, for those grey hats on higher levels to wake up, and start to change things, for that is what you're called from Love to do.

For anyone holding another as some kind of fodder that needs to be trimmed from the fold, thats the kind of karma that so many believe in, and its quite possible that in the end, one might have to come back a dozen times or more, to walk in their shoes with understanding, like Groundhog Day the movie.

Never judge anyone, and try to help all, but from a position of safety. ie don't open yourself up for abuse.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is this or the previous case should not be a matter of race, citizens should not condone this behavior from msm. News for news sake should not be individually targeting cases and making tension over an attempt on manufactured race issues.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
[size=-3]Clearly it's working and has been working and will continue working. The fact is you and dozens of others have voiced their opinion on this matter and it echos the message of equality. Feeling appeased from one morsel when you're being denied is a travesty. In an age where even you yourself will agree, there is no equality, why do you fall for this trap and perpetuate what "tptb" want?

edit on 20-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Wow, what an absolutely disgusting and pathetic attempt to tie these two incidents together. Nice source and story. What a joke.

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, in relation to why one story gets attention either direction and the other is ignored? Consider this. If trees fall in entirely different forests, on different sides of the planet and they are the same height and age? Which are you likely to take notice of or even care about?

The tree to fall on who the media says in screaming headlines was a Nun making on her way on foot, uphill, to assist the orphan children in the lepers colony, which just ran low on meds?

... Or ...

The tree to fall on who a single piece in the Obit section describes as a local villager who should have known better and wasn't missed enough to find for a week?

It's a light way to put it but the point is, the media makes and defines what people care about or even care to talk about. Heck, even here. Any average member can find and highlight cases like Zimmerman or totally black/white defense shoots to compare and no one's going to give the thread much notice. If CNN picks up the same case? It'll be a topic for days. We don't choose topics. We choose from the pre-selections.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Disclaimer: train of thought derailment ahead

Th3onetruth: Asians were held in internment camps because of WWII. Just so you know.

I feel like I'm being discriminated against right now, because there is no "right thing" for caucasians to add to this.

I'm not racist. Why do I feel like I'm being attacked? (I'm not talking about physically.) There's all these stars like Jay Z and JT and Beyonce and the President voicing their opposition to the ruling. The news and talk shows all do their best to steer emotions, and not educate the mind. We're being told its one way, but by trusting my own senses, I beg to differ.

I want to share this story, because im pretty sure it wont get the attention of the Zimmerman case, but wont because I think that I would be doing that out of spite. I don't know the kids from either of these recent cases, and although I do feel bad, my life should go on as is was. But it can't, because I see secret agendas that I don't fully understand, but I know most people don't even recognize or care about, thanks to conditioning, deception, apathy, and distraction.

The fact is, though, that I could just ignore it all. I'm good at zoning out, or repressing things, if needed. I was a "sheeple" until Jan 1, 2012, so I have lots of practice. The thing is now, I feel like I'm either in the minority, when it comes to these 'alternative news' subjects, or the majority feels the same way as I do, and feels like we're being discriminated against, due to the fact we question the broken system that's in place. If it continues, rights and privacies which we all hold dear, but take for advantage,will be lost. Most relevantly to these certain cases is the "right to bear arms." I've never taken full advantage of this right, but they made me while down range. (I'm not complaining that they let me have it, while I did, even if I never used it.) that doesn't mean I don't want that right. I do!

I'm losing my train of thought, which is easy for me to do, so I'll close this with:
Don't let fear control you. That's what they're trying to do.

Almost everything serves as distraction. Even if you're distracted, realize the distraction is taking place, and you might see the forest through the trees.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

Ok, I went off topic there, I guess, so to reiterate my initial reason for posting:
I was going to share this news story on FB, but have decided against it, cause it feels like I'm arguing just to argue. I'm not racist, I promise.

I do feel that we (USA, in general) are being unfair to GZ, thanks to natural emotions, so I have and will mention a couple things in his defense. I want to argue that now that this happened, "are we even?" but I know that's the wrong approach, and even if it weren't, the answer would be "no." At least Charles Barkley, although he feels upset about it, he agrees with the Zimmerman verdict.

If I share this story, I just don't see it making anything better. I don't think anything but time will. Preferably, it'd be time minus this head splitting, racial baiting, public dumbing rhetoric of the MSM and politicians.

Again, it's all distraction from more important issues, but the general public falls for it (almost) every time.

edit on 7/20/2013 by japhrimu because: Added last five words

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think whites should begin to gripe about how white life is treated like it is not important.

i didn't even hear anything about this case.. why??

cuz apparently white people don't matter!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

What bothers you about the source? It does not matter which source reports it, the fact is that it happened. Also, what is wrong with tying the two incidents together?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares

Just like the Martin/Zimmerman case, we are looking at making decisions based on race alone. That this got no attention is both wrong and right...

It is wrong that we have so much violence in this nation and it needs attention.
It is right because people of all races and colors die everyday. The moment we select one color or the next for the spotlight... is the moment we lose all hope of a colorblind society.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Ever hear about Channon Gail Christian, and Hugh Christopher Newsom?

That's right, I didn't think so.

You know how many murders of black citizens by whites you have no idea about?

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

What bothers you about the source? It does not matter which source reports it, the fact is that it happened. Also, what is wrong with tying the two incidents together?

Your "source" is an opinion blog. I find the Rochester news article to be interesting in that it clearly is on the deceased side by presenting opinions of the family repeatedly and does not in any way say why a jury found Scott to be not guilty. Nothing about the trial only personal anger. Do you have any idea how many black people are murdered that you have not seen a story on? Maybe the reason no body cares (your words) is a group of men committing a crime got caught and then one came at a citizen who caught them and got killed. Too bad for him. Travon Martin was walking home doing nothing illegal.

CJ
edit on 20-7-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Travon Martin was walking home doing nothing illegal. ,,,open ur eyes,,he was 17 his liver was shot,,u know,,destroyed,,by a drug killing,,children.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Travon Martin was walking home doing nothing illegal. ,,,open ur eyes,,he was 17 his liver was shot,,u know,,destroyed,,by a drug killing,,children.

What? You advocate the murder of pot smokers and drinkers?

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

no the preservation of one's Liver at 17.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join