It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the United States? Research.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh ok Saer, sorry I didn't see that. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Come on, buck up! Get with the program. Join us as we goosestep through the streets!

You say you are too smart to be in the majority? Get over yourself! The lemmings have spoken! Now it is time to march with us as we go swarming over the cliffs into the Sea of Destruction.

Just nod your head, agree with whatever the Leader says, and don't be so uppity. Everyone knows that thinking too much will give you a headache, so why not let someone else do it for you?

As for moving to another country, why bother? We're just going to invade whatever country you move to sooner or later anyway, so why choose the losing side?

Once America has taken over the entire world, there will be peace and order throughout the galaxy. Then everyone will be Americans -- and God-fearing Americans at that.

That includes you, unless you accidentally become "collateral damage" while we liberate whatever hopelessly backward, Godless country you decide to move to.

Why fight what you cannot defeat? Stay in America! Join us as we build a glorious future for almost all mankind!

It is your... destiny.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Besides sarcasm, that post added what?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Besides sarcasm, that post added what?

Well, among other things, valuable information about America's plan to take over the world.

I know it has been covered extensively in every other forum -- even Board Questions & Business -- but thought it important to remind would-be American ex-pats that they can run, but they cannot hide.

I used to be skeptical myself, but now that I have read enough posts on ATS, the truth can no longer be denied. The Fourth Reich has arisen! Praise God!

A glorious future awaits almost all of us!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Really, if you want to leave you have to decide when. When is the threshold of no return crossed? Because at that point you have to leave. The objective is to leave just ahead of the breaking point. But when is that breaking point? That's a very hard question to answer when you are riding the wave instead of looking at it from shore.

Personally, I simply don't like American anymore. So I'll leave, if I find some place that I like better, simply to make myself happy, not for political reasons.

Since I can't seem to remember the name of the person with the Jesusland avatar I just addressed this generally.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Very straight and to the point. To make YOURSELF happy. Not gonna change the country by leaving. BRAVO

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Myself, I am 16 and fairly concerned about a draft. A nation constantly at war cannot levy all its troops voluntarily forever.

Not sure where the background info comes from on this, but some reading on evading the draft by leaving the country - stevegilliard.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Again, run away to avoid the draft? What does that prove and when the war is over do you come back? Since you have broken the law should you be allowed to come back? I am not talking about rich, connected individuals but the average citizen.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Again, run away to avoid the draft? What does that prove and when the war is over do you come back? Since you have broken the law should you be allowed to come back? I am not talking about rich, connected individuals but the average citizen.

Read the article. I posted in response to the young man considering leaving in case of a draft. I guess it ain't so easy to avoid, according to the writer of the blog piece I linked to. I'm too old for the draft, and female (though I think any military service shouldn't be gender based). Anyone drafted me for a war I didn't agree with enough to join willingly, well then there would be a fight. Either that or I'd have a big bump on my head when I woke up in prison

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i volunteered to join the marines after im done with school.
i passed the flight exam and was cleared to go into the plc-aviation program.
i was permenently disqualified, in medical testing (MEPS), because i was alergic to fire ants, which you can get an immunity shot for
but im still disqualified.
keep in mind there are no fire ants at 30,000 feet.

all this draft talk is pure non-sense

and if by some freak of fate you are drafted tell them you are alergic to fire ants

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was disqualified to go to the Air Force Academy because of a heart murmur I never knew I had. Went to college and AFROTC and still flew. But consider this. You are deployed to an area where fire ants are prevalent. You go to your tent one night and step in a fire ant hill not realizing it. You wake ( or maybe not ) bitten all over and are unable to fly the next mission. Now your squadron is a pilot short because you are dead or in the hospital. Or worse, the ants get into your cockpit and dont start biting you until you are on the target or about to get your tail waxed.

[edit on 11/10/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I was disqualified to go to the Air Force Academy because of a heart murmur I never knew I had. Went to college and AFROTC and still flew. But consider this. You are deployed to an area where fire ants are prevalent. You go to your tent one night and step in a fire ant hill not realizing it. You wake ( or maybe not ) bitten all over and are unable to fly the next mission. Now your squadron is a pilot short because you are dead or in the hospital. Or worse, the ants get into your cockpit and dont start biting you until you are on the target or about to get your tail waxed.

What about it, it sounds like it sucks.

I'd pass if I had the option, or void a pretty compelling reason.

Did this happen to you?

Did it suck?

But seriously, who cares if people leave, plenty come here all the time. If someone chooses to join another club (cause that's all countries really are), then fine.

I like America, and I think we could knock out some huge portions of the Federal Government which would be a great future for my kids.

Some people think another environment would be better for their kids, so they can fight the battles their folks want them to fight.

So be it. That's really what this is all about. We are not trying to change America because we'll make out like bandits, or because other people will be helped for a few years.

We want to create a better envirnoment for our kids, however we see that (barring people in dictatorships who are either fooled by the government or contained there).

Personally I think we are more towards the former, but not quite at the level it could certainly get to. Who knows where the powers that be will take us.

Honestly, I anticipate a serious break-down event happening in America in the near future although I'm not sure what it is going to be yet.

It changes by the day as I learn new things. The environment could change, our economy could run smack into the ground (which is my current contender), we could create a hostile government that would need to be deal with, and the list goes on...

I get off topic sometimes as things around here tend to blend together.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Some of you seem bent on placing a political motive on moving to Canada.

I(we) are wanting this move also, but NOT because of which damn party won, and which not. We see America as a sinking ship. Now, if you HONESTLY BELIEVE that ship is going down for sure - do you head off to safer ground? Or do you sit there .... and drown?

Between this thread and another, the ones contemplating leaving are asked "why", so we say why - only to get the political BS along with "don't let the door....." the latter is about juvenille as all hell.

btw - why do I belive it is a sinking ship? While fighting against, watching it become less visable above water.
Patriot Act 2 WILL be passed, and that will be the last sight of America.

Jeez, give it a rest.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No it didn't happen to me. I am alergic to them though and when I get bit it swells up pretty good.

But this is off topic.

Why leave?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Some of you seem bent on placing a political motive on moving to Canada.

I(we) are wanting this move also, but NOT because of which damn party won, and which not. We see America as a sinking ship. Now, if you HONESTLY BELIEVE that ship is going down for sure - do you head off to safer ground? Or do you sit there .... and drown?

Between this thread and another, the ones contemplating leaving are asked "why", so we say why - only to get the political BS along with "don't let the door....." the latter is about juvenille as all hell.

btw - why do I belive it is a sinking ship? While fighting against, watching it become less visable above water.
Patriot Act 2 WILL be passed, and that will be the last sight of America.

Jeez, give it a rest.

There, good answer. BUT do you come back when the ship is rescued and sails on? Or did you denounce your citizenship because the grass is greener? Should you be allowed to come back as a citizen or should you have to go through regular immigration routes?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I edited my post above to reply to your question of "Why Leave?"

I guess I'm telepathic after all...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well saying that others attitude of "don't let the door hit you" is not right either. I can see that point. If you do not like what is going on here and would prefer to leave then go. It just should not be a revolving door where you stay when you like it and leave when you don't. Either stay and try to do something about it or leave and drop your passport at the door. I think that if you really wanted to leave there would be no debate, you would just go with no looking back.

I guess it is the 'you made your bed' type of attitude. You either make the bed or sleep in stinky sheets untill you fix it.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There, good answer. BUT do you come back when the ship is rescued and sails on? Or did you denounce your citizenship because the grass is greener? Should you be allowed to come back as a citizen or should you have to go through regular immigration routes?

Tried to get back here to edit that in, oh well, heh.

Hmm, I tell ya - if we drifted to somplace that we are just "content to be", then we stay. And buddy, our "content to be" here has LONG since expired.
What if everything flip-flopped a decade on? Then we would either come back or go somwhere else.
Think about it like this ..... you live in a neighborhood ALL of your life. Every year your neighborhood got worse no matter WHAT you and your fellow neighbors and their groups do. What do you do? Do you stay and "fight" the battle you have been losing all your life, and have recently become adamant that the opposition just got stronger a-hundred fold? Or do you find a new place for you and yours to live?
Can't keep changing neighborhoods? Nope, gonna die some day. What about my kids? Hope moving them to another neighborhood was the best choice. Beyond that point, hypotheticals are just that, and lend me no credance.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ok, I can see that. A lot of people live like Nomads with no where to really call home. When you say you would come back........ Should you be allowed to just come back and pick right up as a citizen or should you have to immigrate?

Off Topic:
If one logs on from a German ISP is the Swastika you have in your avatar blocked?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Ok, I can see that. A lot of people live like Nomads with no where to really call home. When you say you would come back........ Should you be allowed to just come back and pick right up as a citizen or should you have to immigrate?

Off Topic:
If one logs on from a German ISP is the Swastika you have in your avatar blocked?

I would say, if citizenship is voluntarily relinquished, then I could have no qualms against immigration, after all, I would then be a citizen of another country.

Off Topic - Would not be Germany censoring that avatar.

Misfit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join