It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews Apologizes to Black Co Workers on Behalf of ALL White People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Chris Matthews would make Bozo the Clown look like a dramatic class act. Remember after all, this is the "Tingle down the leg" for Obama reporter. He seems to know reporting about as well as one could say I know delicate surgery. Enough to read and talk about, but nowhere near well enough to live it like it means anything.

He represents MSNBC pretty well overall I'd say. Yes...He's a pretty accurate mascot for the whole organization he works for and it's no big secret. I wouldn't let anything that Newstainment star say get under anyone's skin. Even he doesn't believe the majority of what he babbles, I'm fairly certain.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
on behalf of all sane people i apologize for this chris mathews guy.

charles barkley for president.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Dear, thanks the president of the US for sticking his foot in his mouth about the whole local issue that do not pertain to him when is thousand of same issue going on around the nation everyday, he is the one instigating divisions in this nation, shame on him.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

- No he wasn't trying to defuse a situation. He was race baiting and spewing far left rhetoric as usual.
- So why are YOU so bothered that others are bothered by Matthews claiming to speak for them? If it bugs you so much, then go to a different thread. This is a discussion forum. So we are discussing it. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am speechless to witness the degree of racist remarks made by those who identify themselves as whites . Every site I turn to there a very intense degree of hatred and denial. Yes! Denial, denial and denial. Every country dominated by the so-called whites, whether in the US, Canada, South America, Europe, Russia, Australia, even within Africa is racist, period! Nobody who is honest enough to acknowledge this phenomenon can not deny that. It's a tragedy to see people unable to free themselves from the demons of racism, very tragic. Amazing how similar Racists and Islamists are.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Methusalem969

That's a bunch of anti-white racist bunk. So black people can't be racist? So white people can't be tired of being called racist when they aren't? So black people who commit crimes shouldn't have accountability for black on black crime which is the majority of crimes committed against black people? Oh please .....

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Methusalem969

I live in the south, is a whole different world here and not whites are not the ones in charge, but the ones that the race card has been played over and over along with the guilty card, sorry but you should come to my neck of the woods and see for yourself.

When it comes to our government and who truly runs this nations behind close doors I have to admit that they are still very much and elite and white, just look who runs the Federal Reserve and Wall street, that is a club that only Obama has recently been invited into.

edit on 20-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How about the Irish? How bout people stfu and move on.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's NOT what he did. He claimed to speak for ALL white people and he did so while fully embracing the absurdity of 'white guilt'.

Again, if you don't accept his apology on your behalf. Who give a flying [snip]? Instead of just saying to yourself, "Well, he doesn't speak for ME I don't have to apologize, I haven't done anything wrong to anyone ever in my entire life" you could have just moved on. But no, let's race bait some more ourselves by taking this as offensive to you personally.

He did NOTHING to try to 'calm down a tense situation' but instead he's feeding it with his continued race baiting and dividing of the races.

He did try and ease a tense situation, but let's ignore that and be overly offended by the gesture. Quick, get some picket signs, start a 501(c) and start a movement to boycott MSNBC for Matthews' inappropriate comments! Oh better yet, write a book and go on the talk show circuit on how his apology has completely ruined your life and made it impossible for you to continue on.

And yes, it's offensive for anyone to claim to have the audacity and arrogance to speak for an entire group of people.

Oh how your life must be devastated by this gesture. Are you going to be ok?

Do you need a support group? Counseling? Oh the shame of being a victim of such a horrendous act by this man. How dare he!
edit on 20-7-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

Good point. The ego LOVES to feel offended. Thus if you easily get offended (as would fit the definition in this case, a complete stranger making a generalization about your ethnic group), one needs to recognize it is just ego. Don't fight it, just be aware of it. Most thoughts and actions originating from the ego that don't have to do with basic survival are negative, and why would anyone want negativity in their life? Who would choose drama over peace, isn't that insanity? Yet that is the choice many of us make repeatedly over our lives.

These are observations not judgements, and I point them out hoping, as I said in another thread, that we all can use this tragedy as a learning and personal growth experience.

edit on 20-7-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
lol@ the anger in this thread

This forum is full of delusional white people that really think they are somehow victims of society.

edit on 20-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
Why is he apologizing? it's just an empty gesture to appease the viewers.

ratings?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Maybe someone should go on TV and apologize for all the black men who have died since Trayvon was killed. But, they weren't killed by white men, it was black on black crime and they can't get ratings, sympathy, or stir up more hate out of that. I apologize for the bad things I do, I don't let anyone guilt trip me into being sorry, just because I was born white. Maybe if the DOJ, Obama and his pet news agencies would quit stirring the hatred pot, we could get past this.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
lol@ the anger in this thread

This forum is full of delusional white people that really think they are somehow victims of society.

edit on 20-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

And you would be surprised by how many black people are insulted by this pandering to race.

Look how hard they, Obama and company, are trying to make it a race issue.

How many are showing up for those rallies?

The AA community figured out a long time ago Obama had nothing in common with their community, he is a liar.
edit on 083131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Chris Matthews provides me more laughs than my favorite comedians. He is so wacky, he should be the standard by which wackiness is measured.

I'm straying from the thread topic here, (sorry) but I just gotta share this.
Anyone remember his "almost pluperfect" comment? He used the term to describe Obama. 'Pluperfect', when used an adjective, which Matthews is doing here, means "supreme, beyond perfect, having no equal".

This is the famous video where you can hear Matthews panting loudly. (Around the 30 second mark) It's scary!
The pluperfect comment

Another of his "perfect" gush-fests:

edit on 20-7-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Let me throw out this hypothetical scenario:

Let's say there's a Muslim cable news anchor. He is interviewing a couple of people who lost their loved ones in the world trade center on 9/11. They talk about their heartache, the last desperate phone calls they received from their loved one that day, and how their children have had to grow up without a father/mother. What if that Muslim anchor told them that on behalf of all Muslims, especially those who are trying to make peace with all non-Muslims, that he is sorry for what happened. Would you think he was wrong for making that statement? Would you assume that he was implying that he and all Muslims were responsible for what happened? Do you think that all Muslims should be rightfully angry that he spoke for them in this particular way? Or, would you think that the only Muslims who would be upset by his statement would be the ones who hate Americans? Be honest.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I seriously just threw up in my mouth a little after reading the quote.

That may actually be the most self serving, insincere drivel I have ever heard.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We have ALL been slaves at some point in our ancestry. Indians, white people, black people, Irish, Italians, Jews, Catholics, etc...

We need to stop pointing fingers and allowing ourselves to be divided, and start looking at what families and people were NEVER slaves. Those are the ones we should be looking at.

We are ALL still slaves today to the money men.

Slavery, corruption, greed.... they draw no lines, have no borders and are color blind. When are people going to realize this?

~Namaste
edit on 20-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your hypothetical scenario has actually happened. There have been Muslim people who've apologized for the extremists, in an attempt to make people realize that said extremists represent only a very small fraction of the Islamic community.

What Matthews is doing is different. (In my opinion anyway) He's promoting the liberal white guilt nonsense.
He does this stuff all the time. Someone on his show recently uttered the words "food stamps", and Matthews started ranting like a loon that they were a racist. Sean Hannity hosted a show with a group of conservative black people as guests, and Matthews said he was shocked that these black people "would support such racism."
He's insane.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your hypothetical scenario has actually happened. There have been Muslim people who've apologized for the extremists, in an attempt to make people realize that said extremists represent only a very small fraction of the Islamic community.

What Matthews is doing is different. (In my opinion anyway) He's promoting the liberal white guilt nonsense.
He does this stuff all the time. Someone on his show recently uttered the words "food stamps", and Matthews started ranting like a loon that they were a racist. Sean Hannity hosted a show with a group of conservative black people as guests, and Matthews said he was shocked that these black people "would support such racism."
He's insane.

I'm not talking about Muslim people apologizing for the extremists. I'm talking about a Muslim speaking for all Muslims, saying he and all Muslims are sorry for what happened. The only Muslims who would be upset by that would be the ones who hate Americans.

Never did Matthews use the word "apologize". He's said he's sorry for what happened - he's not claiming responsibility for it. There's a difference. None of your (unproven and probably out of context) examples prove that he is promoting all white people feeling guilty. It only proves that he points out racism when he sees it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Nice! Personal insults so early on! The fact remains that apologies to dead people, are irrelevant. Acknowledging that as a society we have become more enlightened and moving on is what counts. This PC trend for apologising for matters, that are becoming ancient history. Maybe if the UK and the US started apologising for our more recent transgressions, the world might be a better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join