It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

And they will never get it either. They get to hold onto to their racist feelings and think it's okay because now everything is 'equal'.

Liberty lovers? What a joke.

I’m a racist? I’m not a lover of Liberty??

Who is protecting my rights?

We have the NAACP, Black History Month, Martin Luther King Day, Black Congressional Caucus, National Black Police Association, New Black Panthers, Black Chamber of Commerce, BET, 60+ black colleges, etc.

Where is white history month, the white congressional caucus, national white police association, new white panthers, white chamber of commerce, the white channel, 60+ white only colleges, etc? Who are the racists again??

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
We have the NAACP, Black History Month, Martin Luther King Day, Black Congressional Caucus, National Black Police Association, New Black Panthers, Black Chamber of Commerce, BET, 60+ black colleges, etc. WHO DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUES??? Yet nothing has changed. Why is that?

Do you even hear yourself? What are you implying? No need to answer, we can all guess.

link   
reply to post by Willtell

Come now, at the end of the day no one really cares about anyone else. You care about yourself, your family and perhaps close friends. All this empathy talk is just PC moral saint brownie points on the internet.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

But there are FAR, FAR, FAR more black men or African-Americans in general who are profiled or denied their civil rights in the course of any given day than there are Blacks killed each year in Chicago.

You have provided no data to back up this claim.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't tell people to think one way or the other. I am just expressing my view that certain people are myopic on racial issues, amongst all races.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Funny thing, I was about to say I’ve effectively chased every person with an opposing opinion from this thread!

I think that's what you want. To SHUT UP anyone who wants to have a discussion about this. As I've said before, this discussion WILL happen. Whether you're a part of it or not, it WILL happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Originally posted by totallackey
There is no evidence Zimmerman knew the ethnicity of Martin prior to the attack.

Yes there is. In one 911 call he described Martin as black.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes people like you. Something is incredibly wrong with our Judicial system and no Obama hasn't gone nearly far enough in addressing racial issues in our nation, hasn't done anything at all really... same for Holder.

I dare you to read this.

link   
reply to post by totallackey

Originally posted by totallackey
Zimmerman was not profiling a young black man. He was profiling a gangster-wannabe, punk, thug, hoodie-wearin, idiot.

Exactly. He made ALL those assumptions just by LOOKING at Martin. That's EXACTLY the point. Thank you for making it.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

We have the NAACP, Black History Month, Martin Luther King Day, Black Congressional Caucus, National Black Police Association, New Black Panthers, Black Chamber of Commerce, BET, 60+ black colleges, etc. WHO DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUES??? Yet nothing has changed. Why is that?

Do you even hear yourself? What are you implying? No need to answer, we can all guess.

Please don't go there. That's so typical it's lost its effect.

I meant exactly what I alluded to earlier. WHY HASN’T ANYTHING CHANGED? Because the change doesn’t come from speeches, laws, politicians, elections, government, civil rights groups, etc. Change comes from the family unit. Nothing Obama says and CERTAINLY nothing liberal policies do is going to change the family unit in America.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag

Funny thing, I was about to say I’ve effectively chased every person with an opposing opinion from this thread!

I think that's what you want. To SHUT UP anyone who wants to have a discussion about this. As I've said before, this discussion WILL happen. Whether you're a part of it or not, it WILL happen.

So lets have a discussion other then "black people are being oppressed, there is racism in this world" That conversation has taken place a million times over and we can do that another million times - nothing will change.

Lets talk about how to change things. I have mentioned a few options in my posts in this thread but it seems the racism game is being played......and while we play that game nothing will ever change.

link   
Hello all. Im normally a lurker more than a contributor but i have to say a few things on this matter. I was born and raised in Apopka Fl. about 20 miles from where all this happened. I know the people and the area.. This wasnt a racial thing ,it was a stupid people thing.
I have been Trayvon.A bigger than normal man/boy with a temper.I was 6'4" ,250 lbs with an attitude at 17 I would have done the same as he.I would have come back looking for a fight. Stupid person #1
George Zimmerman tried to play superhero despite being told to stay in his truck and picked a fight with the wrong person, Was Zimmerman in danger of his life ? Probably not ,but how was to know that?.
He put himself in a bad situation. Stupid person # 2

Then you have all the people argue the right and wrong of this.It was all wrong. Stupid kids ,Idiot neighborhood watchman, poor Florida laws, Al Sharpton and his cronies. All wrong, all misguided and to make matters worse the POTUS has to throw in his 2 cents just to stir the pot.

All this over stupid and as we all know ,you cant fix stupid.

Rob

link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by neo96

I don't tell people to think one way or the other. I am just expressing my view that certain people are myopic on racial issues, amongst all races.

Sure do:

First the Insults

Simply because they didn't jump on the victimization bandwagon.

Then again telling a person what they should be doing:

Do what I say

edit on 19-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag

I'm part of it every time!

I like being King of the Hill!

I appreciate the banter and enjoy debating all of you....I just like to win....it's a sickness. Fortunately for me, I always do eventually.

Conservatism never loses!

You know what they say...if you can't beat'em.....join'em!

Just saying! We have room over here in reality!

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Yes people like you. Something is incredibly wrong with our Judicial system and no Obama hasn't gone nearly far enough in addressing racial issues in our nation, hasn't done anything at all really... same for Holder.

I dare you to read this.

Wasn't aware I was a cop, or a judge or a law maker.

Fully aware who, and what that system is made up with.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

I dare you to read this.

Stop looking to the government to solve the problem.

The problem can be addressed by the community. That is the only way things are going to change.

link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I'd love to have that discussion. Now is not the time for me, however. I have responsibilities to tend to.

And I don't mean that the discussion will happen here. I don't think it will. Too many people are trying to shut it down. People who would like to have a REAL discussion get tired of not being heard and leave the thread, like seabag said. But the discussion will happen in this country. In the media, across kitchen tables and in town halls. It's happening. Get used to it.

I appreciate your willingness to discuss it, though.

Later.

link   
Dear Mr. President,

Stop race baiting the public.

Thanks

Sincerely, Everyone.
edit on 7/19/2013 by ugie1028 because: Auttocorrect shoud be banned from the internet.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

The staff have this thread under heavy scrutiny. The insults, and political baiting/trolling end right now.

Further violations will result in a posting ban of at least 72hrs while the staff review your account.

The above, or any other kind of personal attack will not be tolerated. There will be no other warnings, please do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nothing Obama says and CERTAINLY nothing liberal policies do is going to change the family unit in America.

And he said that exact thing today. That politicians won't bring change - churches and families will. He also caveatted that the Justice system had run it's course with regard to the Zimmerman case.

Did you hear that part? Or were you too busy fuming about the social implications of an honest discussion on race?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join