It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Bone75

This is irresponsible rhetoric from the most powerful man in the world. A man who was given his power by the people of the United States as a symbol of racial unity.

Obama got elected because McCain is a friggin' mental case and Romney is....well...he's Romney. The GOP's offerings have been terrible for quite a while. Hell, they can't even win a national race against a black guy whose name rhymes with Iraq Insane Osama. That's pretty bad.

Obama got elected because he's the guy the corporate run media chose to further they're agenda. Don't get it twisted, we were being primed for a charismatic "black" president by our boob tubes not long before he became president.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

actually people were "stunned",,in a good way,,, bamboozelled,, Mr. Copper as well. see anderson copper 360? or something,ie MaCain

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

this thread can only give the obama shills and drones(no pun intended) a voice and a chance to do there job, which is to take our eyes and intentions off the real issues.

ive noticed your main theme is anti obama and i appreciate it, any puppet is a bad puppet. But then i think maybe its your job to start these threads over non issues in order to give the shills and drones a chance to speak up. Either you do your job well or you dont understand the repercussions of your actions.

The best way to fight the puppet of the united states is to never speak his name but instead speak the names of the puppet masters. Whenever i engage in conversation face to face about current issues, i never say obama, i just say the current administration and there handlers.

The current administration has us so divided that the very word obama causes division and uproar amongst the very people that should be banding together. This Thread is prof of that
edit on 20-7-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

can u do a "send in the clowns" motife,,but change too,,"Call home The Drones",,,u seem so inclided, ,,feel free,,
huckleberry,,

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The weirdest thing is that he talks as if racism doesn't affect him anymore, just because he's a President.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

This is irresponsible rhetoric from the most powerful man in the world. A man who was given his power by the people of the United States as a symbol of racial unity.

Obama got elected because McCain is a friggin' mental case and Romney is....well...he's Romney. The GOP's offerings have been terrible for quite a while. Hell, they can't even win a national race against a black guy whose name rhymes with Iraq Insane Osama. That's pretty bad.

Obama got elected because he's the guy the corporate run media chose to further they're agenda. Don't get it twisted, we were being primed for a charismatic "black" president by our boob tubes not long before he became president.

Well, and don't forget he's the "free stuff" guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What hasn't seemed to have been seen is that this is actually a very effective bit of psycho-social programming by the president.

Remember, that to Obama's sycophants he is the messiah and so by transforming Martin from his son to himself, he is able to more fully bring the internalization of Martin not only as him but as everyone else who is peronsally invested in this case.

The reason for the emotional weight to the portrayal of the views of this case is that those reach deeper into people psyches thus implanting the mechanisms of control within those who do not look with a critical eye.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You suggested I'd never heard of the NDAA. Yes, I knew about the court decision the other day because I read Chris Hedges site everyday. I also earlier in this thread mentioned something else that the Administration said, that the NSA gathering phone metadata doesn't breach the Constitution therefore cannot be challenged in court. So instead of crying about that, this thread is full of people crying about Obama saying he can identify with a black teenager. All of you making the assertion that Obama is doing this to fuel the emotions of black people, get them rioting... yet the only emotions that seem to be getting stirred are... the only people that seem to be being distracted are... ?

Ironic.

I suggested you didn't hear about the NDAA's revival. And I was right.

That is ironic.

Are you going to make the argument that Obama is NOT fueling these African American's emotions?

Wrong.

And, didn't you say something earlier about "no one pouring gasoline on any goddamn fire?"

Who's emotions are getting stirred again?

That's also ironic.

And you know what else is ironic?

People rioting about Trayvon Martin instead of paying any mind to the NDAA, which has, as of two days ago, been re-legalized, meaning we could all be in some trouble.

That is ironic.

Or, perhaps, its just a well-laid plot that's going forth just as planned, and the emotional citizens are too sad, scared, traumatized, and in denial to see it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by beezzer

You are confusing bias with experience or perspective. One can be an impetus for the other, or not. But they are NOT the same.

It is sadly indicative however that you think his even discussing his experience reflects a bias yet you guys don't apply that failed logic to yourselves.

Reading this thread, one might come to the conclusion that - if a black person discusses issues regarding race, it's racist. But if a white person does it - it's just reality or truth talk.

With my experience, I've found that its usually the other way around.

I wasn't allowed to talk about race at all as a kid... it was a death sentence.

And even then, looking from Obama's perspective, I have to say that I honestly don't think he cares about the country, or Trayvon Martin, or the NDAA's legitimacy.

I don't believe he cares about any of this. He's a puppet on strings, he has suits whispering in his ear on a regular basis, he regurgitates what he's told "needs to be done," and he and his family are set for life, so why should he care about the problems of others?

If you're looking at it from his perspective, look from a psychological perspective.

He has a family, and sure, he may love them with all his heart. But his family is in no danger. They will be loved, well fed, and protected all their lives.

He has money, money will never be an issue for him.

If any human being has these needs met, and to a gross extent at that, how likely are they to truly care about the plight of the rest of the world? He'll say whatever they need him to say, and he'll keep his wealth, protection, and family, and live comfortably forever. On his throne, his perspective is probably so skewed, he doesn't even know anything's wrong with the way he runs business.

Someone like Barack Obama has never lived in his own car, never been homeless, never been jumped, never been without love or care. He probably can't mentally comprehend what such a life is like, and that's why this little comment sparked so much of a reaction from the rest of us, who do live life around the rough edges.

I don't hate Obama. I pity him.

He's a puppet.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nah that couldn't have been the President.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Yepper, it looks like the message was sent to POTUS that he needed to do more to stir up the racial divide.

Take the heat off of the ICBs,

There is a serious void of issues to distract the public from the tightening rope around our liberties.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here is the kind of video many dislike here, but I have some questions about it.

Out of the 5000 people on this planet who belong to the boule society, does Trayvon's father?

Because thats a game changer and puts this whole thing right where I posted a day or two ago, where you can't prove its not self defense, but the whole thing seems like an agenda.

Since Obama is a member of that group, maybe he means this more literally than we think. Maybe it really could have been him, since ritual and sacrifice does come to mind and black op maneuvres.

Can't be proved beyond self defense, but can be said.

Busted! Trayvon Martin's Father is "Illuminati Grand Master Mason" of the Boule Society!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I get that now, and I'm 42 and white.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Back to 'false dilemma:'

A false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, black-and/or-white thinking, the either-or fallacy, the fallacy of false choice, the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses, the fallacy of the false alternative or the fallacy of the excluded middle) is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option. The opposite of this fallacy is argument to moderation.

en.wikipedia.org...

If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon.
Trayvon could have been me.

They are both examples of false dilemmas,false dichotomy fallacy.

I had a Eureka, moment today.. After learning about all the facts of the case, and still saying Zimmerman, is guilty even after being given a innocent verdict of murder is called being Prejudice. Right now what is going on with all these protests is called being Prejudice..

Gotta look closely at the story, look at what they are yelling about, then read the definition of Prejudice.. I just thought it was a interesting realization.. I also like how the MSM reports and does not condemn Prejudice behavior, and its appalling the POTUS Supports this behavior on a World stage...

This is the World we live in..

As I said the facts were reported and presented in the case, and the Authority Jury/judge passed judgement.. Yet thousands if not millions have a prejudice on this Zimmerman, guy even after he was awarded his innocence.. Lets look at Prejudices before calling everyone a racist, and ahem, what demography at the moment is demonstrating how to be Prejudice? Just saying.. Its kinda of sad, seeing how the pieces are settling in this story..

Oh and trolls do not even try to insult my intelligence..
edit on 20-7-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

ok man you must have all the mr. smarty pants.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

theres only one side of the story the other guy is dead .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think this quote by Mahatma Gandhi rings true in this situation.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

~Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory

My point is that race, one way or another, did play into this and there is a boy dead because of it and that racism or racial profiling should not be ignored by anyone. We should be better than this by now.

Zimmerman was an older man and Martin was 17 years old, and in this case there is a stronger chance for preconceived prejudices based on age than ethnic background. But reality was that Zimmerman may have guessed Martin's skin color, but he didn't know what it was until Martin came back to him, and Martin was much more physically capable than Zimmerman, and so the younger age was not an issue.

I'm curious, where did race play into it all to the point that it guided everyone to a different outcome than what should have happened? Speaking for this case alone, one could argue that race only played into it outside of the court house and local justice system against Zimmerman.

One last thing with a few questions that would dig deeper...

Would Zimmerman have followed a hooded non-black guy in his neighborhood?
Are most of the crimes in that neighborhood committed by young black males?
Would Zimmerman have also shot a nonblack male who was sitting on his chest and beating his face?
Would the jury have found Zimmerman not guilty still with a nonblack Martin?

edit on 20-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
people of all colors are upset about the verdict. people from all over the world are upset about the verdict. without turning it into a racial hate fest we should open up the dialogue about race relations in this country. we all need to respect each other period,

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join