It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Personally, I think he's "playing" the black community.

and they know it

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It took him 10 seconds to say it and with that little effort he has sparked threads like this. He is either genius or we are stupid for falling for it. Anyway not worth my time to read the whole thread if I did I would feel duped.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are confusing bias with experience or perspective. One can be an impetus for the other, or not. But they are NOT the same.

It is sadly indicative however that you think his even discussing his experience reflects a bias yet you guys don't apply that failed logic to yourselves.

Reading this thread, one might come to the conclusion that - if a black person discusses issues regarding race, it's racist. But if a white person does it - it's just reality or truth talk.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by beezzer

You are confusing bias with experience or perspective. One can be an impetus for the other, or not. But they are NOT the same.

It is sadly indicative however that you think his even discussing his experience reflects a bias yet you guys don't apply that failed logic to yourselves.

Reading this thread, one might come to the conclusion that - if a black person discusses issues regarding race, it's racist. But if a white person does it - it's just reality or truth talk.

Ok Obama was 17 once and black, take those 2 things out of that equation and what exactly does he have in common with Trayvon?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

They are not the same, but one influences the other.

One, I am NOT the president. Two, Obama AS president has a responsibility that goes far beyond personal feelings.

I, as someone who isn't Caucasian, have tried repeatedly to bring rational debate that goes beyond the hatred that I have experienced. I have tried (In Charles "Race Thread") to look beyond a simple phenotype and try to discover why so many have let their fear of the unknown influence their actions and behavior.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Oh come on! This has become a matter of race because the race pimps are seizing the opportunity to make this a racial matter! TM's parents said this wasn't about race, their attorney said this wasn't about race! The jurors said this wasn't about race, the prosecuting attorney said this wasn't about race, a 16 month FBI investigation where they interviewed 47 people who knew GZ found zero racial animus.

But now apparently all those people don't know anything and this is about race!!! Having a dialogue is fine, but many of us are sick and tired of the race card being played by people who have a financial or political interest in baiting and stirring up the race issue.

edit on 20-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

they are also using it to get people's minds off the IRS and Benghazi Scandals.
edit on 20-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I hear that a lot, and with respect, I don't buy it. People deserve more credit than that, they can follow and care about more than one controversial subject at a time.

Granted the MSM only like to hype one story at a time, but anyone relying on the 6 o'clock news to get their information is woefully under-informed in all things. Not just this.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And Just when you thought things could not get any more preposterous:

Iran’s Mullahs Demand Justice for Trayvon

Obama,Holder, and now that:

Oh yeah the world has gone totally insane.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Iran’s Mullahs Demand Justice for Trayvon

This is insane, proves the point also that this is not about inequality.

I suppose there are a few countries that treat their women worse than
Iran, so I guess if this was a young black girl, there would be no concern
from Iran, and little to no fanfare here in the states.

an’s calls for justice came as a surprise to U.S. observers, who pointed out that the Iranian regime is notorious for beating opposition members, arresting journalists, stoning women to death, and publicly executing homosexual teenagers.

An Iranian woman, for instance, was ordered to be stoned to death in July 2010.

The regime also initiated a widespread crackdown on opposition forces in the lead up to its most recent elections, which international observers cited for being neither free nor fair.

Political prisoners in Iran have even attempted to commit suicide as a result of their abusive treatment.

Religious minorities, such as Christians and Jews, also have been arrested or worse.

edit on 20-7-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Honestly people. Set aside your politics. Set aside the debate surrounding the verdict. Set aside YOUR race.

Sorry, no can do Buddy. We're talking about the dialog of our freely elected President. He is the most powerful man in the world and with this power comes immense responsibility. If I'm not mistaken, so far he's addressed the nation more times than all of the presidents before him combined.

That's because he's a self-proclaimed master of the "nudge" approach to politics, a social engineer. If you think these comments are coming from the bottom of his heart and serve no political purpose, then you're under the spell of the pied piper.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe they are just getting back at us for our meddling in their politics. These guys are supposed to be the religiously illuminated.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by neo96

Maybe they are just getting back at us for our meddling in their politics. These guys are supposed to be the religiously illuminated.

And I think the current divider in chief is just trying to get back at people who have done no wrong to him.

They don't care who just make someone pay!.

Social justice has a severe lack of justice.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Good luck with that life thingy, tough guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

This is irresponsible rhetoric from the most powerful man in the world. A man who was given his power by the people of the United States as a symbol of racial unity.

Obama got elected because McCain is a friggin' mental case and Romney is....well...he's Romney. The GOP's offerings have been terrible for quite a while. Hell, they can't even win a national race against a black guy whose name rhymes with Iraq Insane Osama. That's pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
First of all, regardless of race, as a teenager we all were followed around stores at the mall.

As a Chicagoan it bugs me that the President who is a Chicagoan condones a young man brutally beating a Hispanic man and discusses it nationally but ignores the endless cycle of vicious crime occurring all the time in his own backyard.

A 6 year old girl was shot overnight in Chicago; where is cousin Barry Obama commenting on that?
The shooting occurred about a mile from Barry's home... unlike Trayvon. this little girl actually could have been him...

What's wrong Barry; this little girl's life isn't meaningful because you can't use her to divide people?

FU COUSIN BARRY OBAMA!
Apparently Hope and Change = Divide and Polarize

Regarding the overall crime issues; it is NOT an issue of race, but it is almost completely a socioeconomic issue-- if one is to look at areas that are socioeconomically depressed (meaning high crime, low earning power, poor public school graduation rates, lack of basic services like grocery stores and similar), it is clear that the problem is the decades of neglect of those living in those areas which results in an endless cycle of poverty, crime and no hope; simply because the only people getting by are the ones who cut corners to do so. For decades government officials have created then ignored these people and continue to do so. If you take the time to look at the racial demographics of these socioeconomically depressed areas it is crystal clear that this problem is as diverse as America itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join