It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Looks like my question has been answered in why he can't seem to complete one task in a well thought out way lately - he has been following this trial. Or he is basing his words on rumors?. As someone pointed out - this was hispanic/black. Why the comments about being white.

This is a completely inappropriate comment from a Countries leader. Is he trying to start a race war? It sure looks that way to me. Doesn't anyone know how to rein him in and advise on what thoughts to keep private and which are meant for the entire American public?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I see the same problems facing African Americans in this country as in Africa.

Poverty, intolerance,hatred and bigotry is America worse than that hell hole?

Nope true there are problems that need to be resolved, but the real question is by who?

YOU!

ME!

Our neighbors!

It's a breakdown of family and values! You know, the stuff conservatives are always criticized and laughed at about!

Turns out we were right!

If all the white trash, ghetto blacks and isolated immigrants would embrace the values that Americans have shared for over 200 years we'd be OK!

Liberals call that the stone ages, and want to bash religion and pull the race card.

I call that THE WAY IT WORKS!

Be a good person, take responsibility for yourself and your kids and teach them to be good friggen human beings! Anything less is failure...as an American and as a HUMAN!

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

No, I am not having any trouble comprehending your post. You clearly stated you were out roaming the street after 4 am while wearing a hoodie. You stated you were mystified why other people near you were not, "aggressively questioned." Two problems evident in your thinking regarding this situation. One, you were the one wearing a hoodie. People wearing hoodies, roaming the streets after 4 am, are suspicious whether you like it or not. Two, your characterization of the questioning, using the adjective of "aggressive," is strictly your viewpoint. I would venture to write that most people using the word, "aggressive," in describing questioning by police are biased from the beginning and think any actions taken by the police would be "aggressive," even if they told you to have a nice evening after the questioning was over.
Nope. Wrong, wrong and more wrong.

You are having trouble comprehending my post. First of all I said I was out at 4 am doing deliveries for my business. Show me where in my post I said I was out "roaming" the streets at 4 am. I challenge you.

There is no problem whatsoever with my thinking. If you had properly read and understood my statement, you would have learned I was wearing my hoodie because IT WAS DRIZZLING! LOL

I purposely used the term "aggressively" because I was hoping to illicit some questions not generalizations from anyone. If you had asked me what I meant by the term I would have graciously told you they were yelling at me with their hands on their holsters. I would think that is aggressive. Would you not? LOL

You are proving my point in that if folks stopped making generalizations, things would be better solved. Wow. Just wow. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Man, I so wish some of you had been in my shoes at those moments.You definitely would not be making these statements.

We are not stupid enough to go out after 4 am wearing a hoodie...and do not desire to regress to that level of stupidity, then follow up with the subsequent moaning about perceived mistreatment when the logical questioning by police occurs...it is a waste of time and time is money...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’ve never walked in another man’s shoes (none of us have) but we all have our own life experiences and just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean they haven’t experienced as many (or more) BAD TIMES than you think you have. I may have experienced hell on earth….you don’t know!
And this, my friend, is precisely my point. You don't have to take my word for it but if a man is telling you something is real based on his experience, and, more importantly, if his experience mirrors a case at hand, I think it carries more weight than something else that has less bearing on the situation, but still is relevant.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So wearing a hood at 4 am in the rain is taboo?

I have never ever heard of such tomfoolery before in my life.

Maybe I should have run to Walmart to get an umbrella instead, huh?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think if the government lead by Obama can find convincing evidence to re-prosecute zimmerman then they should do that. But at the same time if they fail it will be curtains for Obama for good. Its one of those double edged knifes.

I think its bad taste what they are doing...double jeopardy! Everyone should have accepted the verdict and moved on. My feelings were somewhere between manslaugher and innocent and since the evidence AVAILABLE pointed to innocent, then innocent it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

And this, my friend, is precisely my point. You don't have to take my word for it but if a man is telling you something is real based on his experience, and, more importantly, if his experience mirrors a case at hand, I think it carries more weight than something else that has less bearing on the situation, but still is relevant.

I hope that makes sense.

I’ve heard a lot of people who claim to have shared a similar experience.

The problem is, most of those people don’t even know the facts of the Treyvon case. I’m still hearing a black kid in a hoodie was gunned down for buying skittles.

Hey, I’m out for the night but I look forward to your response!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by neo96
I am sick of this out of all the things that he should be talking about he decides to expand the great racial divide even further.

And yet we have this thread.
To coin a phrase, "Be the change you want to see."

And yet we have flash mobs in Hollywood looting Walmarts, bashing car doors, punching pedestriations, including vacationers in town...to coin a phrase "you can stick your head in the sand all you want, it doesn't stop the fact a Mac truck from smashing into your home"...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag I may have experienced hell on earth….you don’t know!

And you don't know what African-Americans have experienced. Why can't you just listen and accept their account in this regard?

They are concerned about profiling. Profiling is a real thing.

I ask you, in all seriousness...what would you have African-Americans tell their children post Zimmerman verdict? They are saying they don't know what to tell their children. Should they run from a stranger who confronts them? Should they stay put for fear of escalating something inadvertently?

Can't run, shouldn't stay. Either way they may well end up dead.

Think of your own children. Try to understand if they faced this scenario. Realistically, what would you say to them?

If you can honestly imagine what that might be like, then you can let go of all of the other extraneous BS associated with the verdict and just look at the implications for Black youth.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

No, I am not having any trouble comprehending your post. You clearly stated you were out roaming the street after 4 am while wearing a hoodie. You stated you were mystified why other people near you were not, "aggressively questioned." Two problems evident in your thinking regarding this situation. One, you were the one wearing a hoodie. People wearing hoodies, roaming the streets after 4 am, are suspicious whether you like it or not. Two, your characterization of the questioning, using the adjective of "aggressive," is strictly your viewpoint. I would venture to write that most people using the word, "aggressive," in describing questioning by police are biased from the beginning and think any actions taken by the police would be "aggressive," even if they told you to have a nice evening after the questioning was over.

Nope. Wrong, wrong and more wrong. You are having trouble comprehending my post. First of all I said I was out at 4 am doing deliveries for my business. Show me where in my post I said I was out "roaming" the streets at 4 am. I challenge you.

Deflection....and nitpicking...How can you do your deliveries if you do not roam the streets?

There is no problem whatsoever with my thinking. If you had properly read and understood my statement, you would have learned I was wearing my hoodie because IT WAS DRIZZLING! LOL

Normal people combating wet weather conditions utilize umbrellas or some other form rain gear...not a hoodie...

I purposely used the term "aggressively" because I was hoping to illicit some questions not generalizations from anyone. If you had asked me what I meant by the term I would have graciously told you they were yelling at me with their hands on their holsters. I would think that is aggressive. Would you not? LOL

Since the police see wet weather, they would look at a person roaming the street in a hoodie as suspicious. Yelling at you? Yelling what? Yelling why? Hands on the holsters? Okay...

Do you know you might fit the description of a suspect they just received word about on the radio? Especially if you were wearing a hoodie on a rainy night? Are you typically this obtuse?

You are proving my point in that if folks stopped making generalizations, things would be better solved. Wow. Just wow. LOL

And you are proving my point and the point of the OP THAT THE REAL AGENDA is a simple-minded attempt to foist criminal behavior is something that "needs," to be accepted.

Bob Knight once said, "If rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it." Your commentary and that of the POTUS today is much the same. It is an attempt to rape the sensible reaction of suspicion from the minds of those who RIGHTLY view Trayvon Martin and other hoodie-wearin, punk, thug, gangsta-wannabes, as what they are...idiotic criminals...
edit on 19-7-2013 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Let me spell it out for you: Obama in a hoodie 35 years ago would have been profiled and gunned down.
Can't spell it any better than that.

Well, if he decided to attack a man, sit on his chest and beat his face in while living in Florida...I would agree

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

And how is this relevant? There are also kids graduating with A averages in very poor neighborhoods who also fear for their lives. Just because there are bad elements in society that deserve some level of profiling it doesn't give the authorities the right to persecute everyone who fits their profiling bill. That's not how it works.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I ask you, in all seriousness...what would you have African-Americans tell their children post Zimmerman verdict? They are saying they don't know what to tell their children. Should they run from a stranger who confronts them? Should they stay put for fear of escalating something inadvertently?

Excellent point.

I just had a conversation with my 12 year old son, A student, model citizen, about this Travon case and I also told him of some of my experiences. How can I tell him how to be prepared as a young male, as I was years ago walking up to a cop to ask for directions and having the cop draw his gun on me because as he later stated, he felt "threatened for his life" because someone had been stalking him recently. I mean, there is no proper way to prepare my son for what is coming because racial profiling is a real thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So wearing a hood at 4 am in the rain is taboo?

I have never ever heard of such tomfoolery before in my life.

Maybe I should have run to Walmart to get an umbrella instead, huh?

I asked earlier in earnest if you were being purposefully obtuse...I see now, you are simply being obstinate...

Actually, you can wear anything you want to wear...when you want to wear it..just do not be surprised, nor cry foul, when you encounter the appropriate level of intervention while wearing what is KNOWN by police to be part of a CRIMINAL GANG culture fashion statement...

You ain't foolin nobody but yourself...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOL. Sorry but your comments have gone into left field, my friend. I was hoping for better quality responses from you. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

If you can honestly imagine what that might be like, then you can let go of all of the other extraneous BS associated with the verdict and just look at the implications for Black youth.

We have violent youths period. Martin could have been in the house he was staying at about the time or very shortly there after when Zimmerman got out of the car, but for some reason Martin decided to go confront him and attack.

I guess it is OK in parts of our country for people to attack others, maybe that is the problem here. Maybe there, people get into fights all the time, and Martin was just doing what he might have seen as a normal way to handle the situation...beat the guy's ass....

So what does one do when one is physically over powered having blows rain down a pond their head? Does the person just take it and hope the attacker doesn't do permanent damage?

edit on 19-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

racial profiling is a real thing.

I think the first question is why are young blacks profiled in many places? But in this case Zimmerman didn't know Martin was black until Martin came back to engage him.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join