It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Go back and read my post. Looks like you are having major issues comprehending what I just posted. Shame on your ignorance buddy and all the folks agreeing with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Not sure who is the simpleton here but let me speak from EXPERIENCE.

I know who they are….that’s all that matters to me.

I recently made a post on a slightly different topic but the gist was that I, as a grown man, was recently wearing a hoodie doing delivery for the business i own but because it was 4 am and drizzling I was followed into an alley by two cops and questioned. Never mind I had been doing deliveries in that area for years, I was still followed, stopped and aggressively questioned. They apologized but the fact was it happened to me. Other non-black folks were walking around in the area at that time but I didn't see them stopped and questioned.
Poor guy! I feel terrible! You must be able to empathize with the plight of the people!!
I think you've just proven we ALL deal with profiling!

Now tell me how you would feel if this happened to you continually over the years even if you were perfectly innocent and never, ever did anything wrong? Tell me. That is the message Obama was trying to convey. It could have been him.
Does it? I mean, it does happen to many people per day but is that enough to call BS? TODAY?

What country has more freedom and equal rights? Perfect doesn’t happen here in realityville!

Ask me more and I will tell you more. I know exactly where he was coming from. It was deeply personal but some folks here need to take off their political and biased cap for just one moment and put themselves in different shoes, even if it is for just a moment.

Lol. I seriously think some of you are incapable of seeing where he was coming from unless you have experienced some semblance of being profiled and pursued.
Thanks for the insight! I’ve been profiled 100 ways! I’m a conservative (the IRS didn’t have a problem coming after people like me during the election…nothing to see there, huh?), I’m a vet, I’m a Christian, I’m an active Tea Party member, I’m a ‘conspiracy theorist’, a gun owner, a re-loader, a new NRA member, etc, etc.

Join the club!! We’re all profiled!!

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The big difference is you are being profiled like everyone else here but are you being profiled with a gun pointed in your direction?

Ff you can honestly say that you are, I would agree we are in the same boat.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by seabag

The big difference is you are being profiled like everyone else here but are you being profiled with a gun pointed in your direction?

Sure he can and so can many others like him, and myself as we have all made the 'you might be a terrorist list' so we have guns,mraps, and drones pointed in our direction.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Oh, that's the difference??

So most black people have had a gun pointed at them by cops and white people?

Is that your point?

You're throwing out generalizations as if it was the norm (or you like Obama). Get real!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, let's hear your personal stories with the guns pointed in your direction. I posted some of mine already. If you haven't heard them before I would gladly show them to you.

Let's hear it! Time to spill the beans!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sigh. I can't speak for most, some or all black people. I can only speak for myself AND for those who have spoken out about it.

Again, think outside of the box for once, dude. Let's hear your horror stories with your life on the line, please. Personal stories that have haunted you. Let's hear it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Ok, let's hear your personal stories with the guns pointed in your direction. I posted some of mine already. If you haven't heard them before I would gladly show them to you.

Just a mouse click away on ATS all full of anger, hatred, bigotry, and intolerance hell go read his too.

Thread history.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

So because something happened to you that is our reality??

That is YOUR reality, friend! Your reality is NOT representative of all Americans!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Kali74
There's no other reason George Zimmerman thought that Trayvon Martin was acting suspicious other than he was black and wearing a hoodie.

You are smart Kali but sometimes, you blow my mind. Really? You know the man's mind? That is what he was thinking? Get over yourself. Jesus. No wonder this country cannot have a dialogue because you have all made up your mind and can care less if the whole world is flying in the different direction.

Yes really. I know what he said to the 911 operator. I know that he had a history of being overzealous. I believe George Zimmerman put himself in a situation that he did not need to and was advised not to. As an unofficial neighborhood watchman, did he not know that teenage males lived in the community? Was he unaware how teenage boys dress? I doubt it.

Get over myself?

It has nothing to do with me.

It would be nice to have a dialogue, an honest one. Not one where one side denies reality because it makes them squirm in their seats.

I know you respect and admire law. I agree the jury had no choice to acquit by Florida Law. I don't believe anything was wrong with the trial. I do believe that law is flawed and not blind.

Tell me this, is a nation that increasingly turns to private prisons motivated by justice or corporate quotas? Tell me that same system doesn't capitalize on perceptions of thugs and who fits that label. Tell me that those perceptions aren't fueled by mentality exhibited in this thread and every single thread on this forum relating to race.

Your implication that I'm high on myself isn't going to change how I see things nor silence my reaction.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Sigh. I can't speak for most, some or all black people. I can only speak for myself AND for those who have spoken out about it.

Again, think outside of the box for once, dude. Let's hear your horror stories with your life on the line, please. Personal stories that have haunted you. Let's hear it.

There is no point!

I don’t use my bad experiences in life to force my will on others to comply with some injustice I feel.

Time to grow up…everyone!

You’re responsible for your own success and/or failure.

Ask NOT what your country can do for YOU.....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Echoing what Obama said, and based on what has happened to me continually over the years, I fear, I truly fear for the safety of young sons in this society they are growing up in. These incidents have scarred my psyche and I deeply and truly feel for my sons growing up and hope that the laws change to the point where they don't have to fear for their lives and they can walk without having to fear of being attacked in public.

Man, I so wish some of you had been in my shoes at those moments.You definitely would not be making these statements.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Same as yours buddy! So, what is your point then?

I am echoing what Obama said based on my experience. Again, I ask, what did he say was incorrect?

So far, no one has been able to dispute or invalidate his comments.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What on earth are you babbling about? "What your country can do for you?" LOL. Are you serious? How cliche.

Please come at me with something a little more original next time, ok?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Echoing what Obama said, and based on what has happened to me continually over the years, I fear, I truly fear for the safety of young sons in this society they are growing up in. These incidents have scarred my psyche and I deeply and truly feel for my sons growing up and hope that the laws change to the point where they don't have to fear for their lives and they can walk without having to fear of being attacked in public.

I share your fear. The entire WORLD is a dangerous place…increasingly so in America (especially the liberal cities like Detroit, Chicago, LA, Seattle, San Diego, Boston, Phoenix, etc).

Man, I so wish some of you had been in my shoes at those moments.You definitely would not be making these statements.

The thing you need to keep in mind is that NOT EVERYONE you talk to on this site who disagrees with you has less life experience than you. I’ve never walked in another man’s shoes (none of us have) but we all have our own life experiences and just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean they haven’t experienced as many (or more) BAD TIMES than you think you have. I may have experienced hell on earth….you don’t know!

Don’t get frustrated….just keep trying to get your point across. So far we disagree….the debate never ends!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A person should not define themselves by what has happened to them.

A person should define themselves by how they respond.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

reply to post by totallackey

Go back and read my post. Looks like you are having major issues comprehending what I just posted. Shame on your ignorance buddy and all the folks agreeing with it.

No, I am not having any trouble comprehending your post. You clearly stated you were out roaming the street after 4 am while wearing a hoodie. You stated you were mystified why other people near you were not, "aggressively questioned."

Two problems evident in your thinking regarding this situation. One, you were the one wearing a hoodie. People wearing hoodies, roaming the streets after 4 am, are suspicious whether you like it or not. Two, your characterization of the questioning, using the adjective of "aggressive," is strictly your viewpoint. I would venture to write that most people using the word, "aggressive," in describing questioning by police are biased from the beginning and think any actions taken by the police would be "aggressive," even if they told you to have a nice evening after the questioning was over.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I see the same problems facing African Americans in this country as in Africa.

Poverty, intolerance,hatred and bigotry is America worse than that hell hole?

Nope true there are problems that need to be resolved, but the real question is by who?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Could Obama be any more obvious being the race baiting clown that he is. "HE IS HALF WHITE" is he worried about the while kids being killed by blacks?? If not why not??

If this idiot can't think with his mind then try acting with your heart...........I doubt he has either.

When and if this thing goes bad it is on Obama's head and the MSM that propagate his race baiting propaganda.

The president of this United States...........what a laugh..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
double

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join