It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
I don't get what you all are crying about.

What did Obama say was incorrect?

This question can not be answered since he actually never gave anything factual or logical to determine if it was correct or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't get what you all are crying about.

What did Obama say was incorrect?

Of course! You read the OP and skipped the member contributions vetting the issue.

This is the problem I had with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Classic obfuscation.

Let me spell it out for you: Obama in a hoodie 35 years ago would have been profiled and gunned down.

Can't spell it any better than that.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What ya mean... he was a cop want-a-be, and dare I say it, a leader in his neighborhood watch....bad stuff there....

He’s talking about stuff coming out? How about a recent picture of the tiny “little child” that Zimmerman defended himself against?

Doesn’t look like the MSM photos, huh?

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Mr. President,
Please fix your city of Chicago. 200+ murders so far this year
Nearly 40 percent of Chicago Public School students drop out.
Crime, Drugs, Prositution

Punish Dead Beat parents! It's not ok to have multiple children with multiple partners!
It's all here mr president. Your record in your home town is terrible.
crimeinchicago.blogspot.com...

today you mr president became a racist!

edit on 19-7-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Let me spell it out for you: Obama in a hoodie 35 years ago would have been profiled and gunned down.

Yep, that's the message Obama is sending!

Do you think Treyvon got profiled, wore a hoodie and got gunned down? Is that what the jury heard when they ruled on the case?

Simpleton much?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Obama is full of crap, Hoodies 35 years ago were favored by those of criminal intent, so no decent law abiding citizen would have wore Hoodies

People needs to learn about the history of fashion in this nation before making moron comments like the President did.

Hoodie history

While the garment was started during medieval times by certain groups within society it took a different meaning as the years went by.

The hoodie took off in the 1970s, with several factors contributing to its success. Hip hop culture developed in New York City around this time, and the hoodie's element of instant anonymity, provided by the accessible hood, appealed to those with criminal intent.[2] High fashion also contributed during this era, as Norma Kamali and other high-profile designers embraced and glamorized the new clothing.[1] Most critical to the hoodie's popularity during this time was its iconic appearance in the blockbuster Rocky film.[citation needed]

www.ask.com...

Mr. Obama comment on the issue at hand is nothing but full of crap.

edit on 19-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here's a pic of Zimmerman when he was around Trayvon's age..

Figured I'd post it since a photo of Trayvon was posted a sec ago, no other good reason haha

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Here's a pic of Zimmerman when he was around Trayvon's age..

Figured I'd post it since a photo of Trayvon was posted a sec ago, no other good reason haha

Yep!

Murderer!

That couldn't have been Obama!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No it doesn't the media circus propaganda have way of misleading the population for the sole purpose of instigation.

I have been noticing this trend going on for years, sadly when its in their agenda to show reality only when they chose too.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The fun thing on this pic is notice the extra hand around Obama's left shoulder, proving that his grandfather (his REAL grandfather, BTW) had three arms.
edit on 7/19/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Not sure who is the simpleton here but let me speak from EXPERIENCE.

I recently made a post on a slightly different topic but the gist was that I, as a grown man, was recently wearing a hoodie doing delivery for the business i own but because it was 4 am and drizzling I was followed into an alley by two cops and questioned. Never mind I had been doing deliveries in that area for years, I was still followed, stopped and aggressively questioned. They apologized but the fact was it happened to me. Other non-black folks were walking around in the area at that time but I didn't see them stopped and questioned.

Now tell me how you would feel if this happened to you continually over the years even if you were perfectly innocent and never, ever did anything wrong? Tell me. That is the message Obama was trying to convey. It could have been him.

Ask me more and I will tell you more. I know exactly where he was coming from. It was deeply personal but some folks here need to take off their political and biased cap for just one moment and put themselves in different shoes, even if it is for just a moment.

Lol. I seriously think some of you are incapable of seeing where he was coming from unless you have experienced some semblance of being profiled and pursued.

link   

Classic obfuscation.

Can't spell it any better than that.

Or landed a role on the Bill Cosby show or Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Well our president is doing his part when it comes to fixing society, he just increased welfare to make them happy, who cares how many children they have as long as it some tax payer in the nation to pay for their Welfare.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I saw Obama commenting on this while at my mom's house. We could not believe what he was doing. His focus should be elsewhere, not on a past criminal trial.

It wasn't bad enough that he commented on how Martin could be his son, before any verdict had been reached. Obama is half white, why couldn't Zimmerman also be what Obama's son would look like?

What is even more disgusting about Obama's involvment is the fact that Zimmerman was found 'Not Guilty' by a group of his peers, in an American court of law, yet Obama continues support of Martin.

There was clearly an attack that night, and clearly, someone was killed. A suspect was charged and put on trial, then (excuse my redundancy) found 'Not Guilty'...

When there is an altercation and one individual is found 'Not Guilty', doesn't that mean the opposing aggressor would be the individual that is guilty (unless it was ruled an accident, which we all know it was not)? Of course Martin did not kill himself, but, according to testimony and other evidence, Martin initiated physical contact. That means he is a criminal, guilty of assault.

Seeing the truth of the situation from this angle reveals the President of the United States of America is giving continued support to the criminal, while the victim has to live in hiding.

When the verdict was reached, why didn't Obama acknowledge Zimmerman's innocence and offer empathetic words to him, and his family, for the assault he experienced, the ongoing trauma of taking someone's life, and the stress of living in fear of a racially motivated revenge attack?

I believe Obama owes an apology to every single person in the United States, for supporting a criminal and, by extension, condemning a man who was found innocent by the very same government justice system of which he is the leader

Beyond a blanket apology, Obama also needs to deliver a public apology for Zimmerman and his family. He also needs to address why he is continuing support for a criminal and virtually painting a target on Zimmerman for racially motivated revenge groups.

Also, it feels like Obama may even be using his latest assertions and aspects of this case - that the system needs to be studied and changed to lower the chances of anything similar happening in the future - to take even more rights away from the American people.

We do not now, nor did we ever need our nation's leader to stir the pot of racial tension, the way Obama has been stirring it.

edit on 19-7-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep, or been an armchair toting ATS contributor.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

edit on 19-7-2013 by neo96 because: nevermind offtopic

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

What is even more disgusting about Obama's involvment is the fact that Zimmerman was found 'Not Guilty' by a group of his peers, in an American court of law, yet Obama continues support of Martin.

I guess we just need to accept the reality of the fascist states of America.

The only criminals, the only people who do anything wrong are Anglo Americans.

No one else.
edit on 19-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I recently made a post on a slightly different topic but the gist was that I, as a grown man, was recently wearing a hoodie doing delivery for the business i own but because it was 4 am and drizzling I was followed into an alley by two cops and questioned. Other non-black folks were walking around in the area at that time but I didn't see them stopped and questioned.

I will be the first to step up and say this...if you do not understand why you were stopped and questioned at 4 am while roaming the streets wearing a hoodie, then buddy, you need to take some logic classes...as far as this particular issue is concerned...
edit on 19-7-2013 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There's no other reason George Zimmerman thought that Trayvon Martin was acting suspicious other than he was black and wearing a hoodie.

You are smart Kali but sometimes, you blow my mind. Really? You know the man's mind? That is what he was thinking? Get over yourself. Jesus. No wonder this country cannot have a dialogue because you have all made up your mind and can care less if the whole world is flying in the different direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join