It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Saying somebody "looks" like something is not a definitive statement of knowledge.

I could write, "The content of your response to my post looks like crap." Does that make me correct in my knowledge that it is crap?
edit on 19-7-2013 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

SHHH....talk like that and you will be labeled a racist, you cold uncaring bastard.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I will continue to accurately use the term for as long as people who claim they want an honest discussion and then only want to talk about perceived flaws. You essentially said that what plagues black people is laziness and no family values.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Zimmerman responded when he was asked. And he said he looked black. No statement of definitive knowledge.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When bankers are unfairly prosecuted and jailed simply for being bankers then you might have a comparison worth making.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just because idiots who are roaming around desiring that I should be more open-minded about accepting the hip-hop, gangsta-wannabe, pants-on-the-ground, hoodie-wearin, punk, thug, lifestyle, language, idiots, does not mean that I am stupid enough to do so...If population control is so desirous amongst the tree hugging, planet saving liberals, then they too should be celebrating every time one of these idiots bite the dust...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

When bankers are unfairly prosecuted and jailed simply for being bankers then you might have a comparison worth making.

Sure about that?

They all have been tried,convicted, and executed in the court of public opinion,much like Zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If the police don't arrest rogue leaders, and there are fake pseudo laws, protecting criminal actions, then the people should bring civil lawsuits against him for betraying his oath of office and sue him.

This is 2 year old crapola.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I said the community, not individually. I know plenty of successful black men, men that work their asses off for their children so they can live a better life. I also know a lot of thugish black men, have several kids with different moms and don't pay a dime to any of them. Some of these have since ended up in jail.

So yes, call it racism if you want. I call it reality. There is a work ethic problem in the black community, a glorification of the thug lifestyle and a lack of family values.

The more you and other people like you refuse to face that fact there isn't much to talk about is there.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When it happens in courts of law, lemme know.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Granted.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

When it happens in courts of law, lemme know.

Why?

Verdicts in courts of law don't matter.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No and you won't get my point either because you think liberty is only for you and those that think like you.
Deflection alert!!!

I’m at liberty to be worried about a guy in a hoodie walking through my neighborhood.

Treyvon was at liberty to be there.

Zimmerman was at liberty to carry a gun (because he was licensed).

Zimmerman was at liberty to follow.

Treyvon was NOT at liberty to punch the guy in the face! (possible civil rights violation there??)

Zimmerman was at liberty to defend himself with lethal force ACCORDING TO THE LAW!

Case closed!

Conservative media is too busy crying about black Presidents being born in Kenya and people playing race cards is why you haven't heard of them.

So you’re saying the NAAVP (National Association for the Advancement of Vietnamese People) is a household name? When did Holder meet with them?

I dunno why not ask the CEO's paying off politicians to create these 'Liberal sounding policies' that only equal tax breaks for themselves.
OH REALLY? So CEO’s are to blame for the racist Affirmative Action policy we have in US?

Not donating brain cells to two morons that's for sure. Question is, why have you heard what those two have to say about anything? Or better yet, why you made the assumption that anything they say matters to more than a few handfuls of people?
Sharpton and Jackson are low level forms of Obama. They are community agitators and race baiters; all 3 of them.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bottom line,

Our world needs to work hard to overcome the prevailing attitudes that led to slavery, genocide, war and oppression in general. This attitude has not disappeared by any stretch, it is more veiled than ever.

The sociopathic mindset born of low self esteem- I'll elevate myself by lowering others. It happens everywhere, and people who leave this fallacy behind are few and far between.

The poor around the world are by and large victims of this violently selfish attitude throughout history.

I don't see everyone deciding to consciously elevate them anytime soon, but if the world decided to really end poverty, war, etc. it could be done pretty quickly. If people decided to work hard to help the needy on a large scale, then this stuff wouldn't be an issue.

But since that's not happening until, I don't know, the second coming of Christ maybe.... maybe a worthy goal would be to start by at least stopping the contempt toward poor populations? The demonization.... the "it's their own fault" stuff, the "let them starve" stuff. That stuff is poison.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Any seventeen year old out and about after dark, peering into windows of homes, is suspicious activity whether you like it or not...if they are sporting colors and wearing a hoodie, it makes them DOUBLY suspicious...and stupid...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The more people like you who don't recognize symptoms of poverty and would rather attribute it to a particular culture who refuse to see that all the stereotypes happen in our culture too, the less likely we are to ever move past any of this. Ghetto or Trailer Park... different colors, same issues, you have those that struggle to get out, the women that didn't respect or love themselves enough to not have babies so young, with different men, the ones who have given over to addiction, to violence, to despair.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Bottom line?

The point in the op was missed, and clearly people would rather fight between themselves.

Flawless victory Obama.

Flawless.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
This is the single most stupid thing ever said by a President of this Country. Way to stir the pot ...

oh, i don't know about that.....

"That depends upon what the meaning of the word of 'is' is" comes to mind.....

or how about "Major combat operations in iraq have ended. In the battle of iraq, the United States, and our allies, have prevailed."?

Or, what the hell, how about "I know the human being, and fish, can coexist peacefully"

there's so many great idiot lines.....i am disinclined to believe this is the most stupid, lol

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Obama's goal here is to keep the discussion about race, and to divide The United States of America in order to keep the sheople herded while squabbling about racial issues instead of focusing on all the scandals that he and Holder are involved in. Too many to list.

It's disgusting, it's dangerous and it's actually quite reckless and evil. This Man is not a leader, he's a divider. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
WOW---the racism permeating this board is just entertaining now!

The OP and his revisionist history tickles me. When they were lynching young black men and castrating them; while selling their "member" as souvenirs, I question if you would've been as passionate about such atrocities.

I love what is happening now because the closet racists are being exposed and the hard-liners have reached their zenith.

It's only gonna get worse. This is what happens when the oppressed rise up.

And for those questioning PRESIDENT OBAMA, you don't think he has a legitimate reason to make a remark about THIS CASE?

I beg you all to continue! This is beyond humorous!
edit on 19-7-2013 by CSpitta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join