It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey guys, thank you all for your contribution, I was able to build my new PC last night for the first time. I just booted it up, installed all drivers and windows updates.

Now I have one last request, I can't remember how to change when you double click a program, the screen usually grays out and ask if your'e sure. I want to change it so it won't gray out, how can I do that.

Once again thank you all for helping me out with questions I had before attempting to build my first PC

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Control Panel --> user accounts --> change user account control settings (bottom of the list with yellow & blue shield icons)--> then you can select your desired setting (which is probably the "never notify" setting) .
edit on 19-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

The screen goes gray for a very good reason , its called user account control. This is to stop virus programs from infecting your files very easily. If you disable it then you are opening up your system to hackers and virus programs. If its not there then any malicious program that gets on your system would be able to give itself administrative rights without you knowing. This means it could take over your system in an instant.

The box asking you 'if you are sure?' only ever comes up when you do things that could potentially harm your computer or when you perform an administrative task. It doesnt happen all the time.

Seriously, its there to keep your computer safe.

edit on 19-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

join