It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Navy SEAL Tells of Forced Incarceration under Obama Regime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

When I read what you posted, I can't really find much I disagree with. The guy not only sounds perfectly normal to me, it sounds like he really knows what he's talking about..

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is no different from what was seen in countries like Germany and the USSR before and during WWII, and the tactic is still used in many non-democratic countries. It is ridiculous that illegal practices like this by our government have been allowed to flourish in America. It is clear that these veterans are not subversive in that they are not plotting to overthrow the government or anything, which is the only instance where these types of actions MIGHT be justified. Then again, when a government is doing what the last few regimes have been doing, the people are supposed to rise up against them, and therefore I do not see how that could be claimed as illegal.

It would be simply because those in power are corrupt, and wish to hold on to their power. That is the only reason, considering our Founding Fathers told us to fight tyranny. And this, and other actions on their part, definitely constitute tyranny. To disagree is to show one's ignorance in my opinion, as it is that blatantly obvious. The reason they are doing this to veterans is quite simple really. Veterans have the organizational and combat skills to actually pose a threat to the government by uniting against them. But such action, even a violent overthrow of the government to institute a true democracy, is completely justified because of the actions of the current regime. But these vets are not even going that far, yet they are still locked up and deprived of their liberties and rights.

This is obviously a scare tactic, meant to send a warning that these veterans are not to pursue what they know regarding the illegitimacy of the government, in that the actions of the government are illegal. Power should automatically revert back to the people, and the government should be temporarily abolished, and a new, republican and democratic government should be instituted, which is how our government was designed to be in the first place. I mean there are so many illegal actions by the government it is scary. And all they must do is claim national security, and they don't have to let ANYONE know of their actions. They can basically do and get away with whatever they wish. How is THAT a democracy, for the people and by the people?

For a long time now the government has forgotten that they work for us. They simply do what they wish, regardless of whether they infringe on the rights of the citizenry. Why are so many people oblivious to this fact. These people are playing right into the hands of the government, who wish people to be this way, passive and uncaring. The government will tell them what they want to hear, and will try their best not to disrupt the lives of average citizens, despite what they are doing behind the scenes, simply so they don't stir up unnecessary awareness by the people.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Dero
Title is misleading.

Readers and members take a good hard look at this post. It is a new member coming in right away and trying to discredit and troll this thread.

If it walks like a duck..............

How many times do we need to see this before it is a planned pattern?
edit on 19-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Yet the commenter is correct, if the article cited says in the story that he is a Marine. In addition, unlike you, said commenter didn't make any ad hominem attack, but rather made a legitimate criticism.

In addition, the fact that the source cited provided a incorrect/misleading headline, given the story it presents, doesn't absolve the OP. If one is going to create a post about an article elsewhere, one should read the article thoroughly enough that they can post it at ATS with a factually correct title.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

The guy not only sounds perfectly normal to me, it sounds like he really knows what he's talking about..

He does know what he's talking about, that's why he must be made to look insane.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join