It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Navy SEAL Tells of Forced Incarceration under Obama Regime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
I am sure the administration would be happy to point out that, instead of having you murdered... they just have you committed... a kinder, gentler rogue state...

Yeah, kind of like the forced labor camps in North Korea... oh wait.

Are we waiting for the next penny to drop or shall we call it now? I've been suggesting for a while that part of Snowden's leaks would probably reveal a mass spying operation against returning military, and this is supporting that idea.

I'll bet that pretty soon we'll see that thousands of veterans are on "watch lists" and having all their communications monitored the moment they return home to their families.

I wonder what the American public will think about that? You risk your life to serve your country, then the government makes you a criminal when you return, removing all those freedoms you fought to defend. This could make things incredibly messy indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is disgusting and more than a little scary.

Thing brings back notions of some of the stuff that was done during the cold war. From the article in the OP it sounds pretty much like a modern resurgence of exactly what they used to do-- use psychiatry and psychological diagnosis to lock up people who disagreed with the system, or who the system deemed dangerous.

There was a long history of this, many many years ago, before modern psychiatry got a huge overhaul and became far more "humane." At least it's not longer standard practice to lock people in institutions for years. (Save the criminally insane, who are actually sentenced to such facilities after committing crime-- and I have no beef with that, providing it's a real crazy person, who really committed a crime due to their psychological imbalance.)

But the burden of proof should be strong, and should require overwhelming evidence that a person is very likely to be a danger to themselves or society, in any case where a person is ordered to such a facility by a judge, in the absence of a criminal act.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
And lets not forget what got Brandon into trouble in the first place. It was a FACEBOOK post which contained a lot of conspiracy theories, based on that he was determined to be mentally ill and shipped away to a mental house. Here is the note he posted to Facebook:

America has lost itself. We have lost who we truly are. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave. This is the land of Thomas Jefferson. This is the land of Benjamin Franklin. This is the land of Fredrick Douglas. This is the land of Smedley Butler. This is the land John F. Kennedy. This is the land of Martin Luther King. This is the land where the cowboy wins. This is the land where you can start from the bottom and get to the top. This is the land where regardless of you race and ethnicity you can suceed and build a better life for you and your family. This is the land where every race coexists peacefully. This is the land where justice wins. This is the land where liberty dwells. This is the land where freedom reigns. This is the land where we help the poor, and people help eachother. This is land where people beat racism.

The federal reserve is wrong. They have designed a system based off of gread and fear. They designed a system to crush the middle class between taxes and inflation. This is wrong, and it is unjust. It is wrong.

We have allowed ourselves to be devieced and seduced by the powers of the printing press. It is not a good system. It discourages saving: the foundation for all stable economic activity. The federal reserve is artificially manipulating interests rates and creating phony economic data. This thing has decieved our entire nation.

They created it 1913. They also created the income tax in 1913. They encouraged the growth of debt so they can tax you on it. There is interest on the debt. Your government is in bed with these people. They want to enslave you to the government so that they can control every aspect of your lives. It is an empire based on lies. They operate of greed and fear.

There is a better way. It's called freedom. Freedom is called a lot of things. But there is a true meaning. It means very simply that you have the right to do whatever you want as long as you are not infringing on the feedoms of other people.

I firmly believe that God set America apart from the other nations of the world. He saved a place where people could come to to escape bad systems of goverment. This system we have created works. It really works.

There is evil going on all around the world. The United States was meant to lead the charge against injustice, but through our example not our force. People do not respond to having liberty and freedom forced on them.

Men and Women follow courage. They follow leadership, and courage. Our example has paved the way for people all around the world to change their forms of goverment.

Force is not the way because liberty is a powerful concept. The idea that men can govern themselves is the basis for every just form of government.

We can govern ourselves. We do not need to be governed by men who want to install a one world banking system. These men have machine hearts. Machine and unnatural hearts. They have blocked out the possibility of a better world. They fear human progress. They have monopolies on everything.

This life can be free and beautiful. There are enough resources on this earth to support the world's population. There are enough resources on this earth to feed everyone. There is enough land for everyone to own their own land and farm, and produce their own energy.

These people have been hiding technology. There are ways to create power easily. There is technology that can provide free cheap power for everyone. There are farming techniques that can feed the entire world.

They are controlling your media. They have dumbed you down through your school systems. They have systematically dismantled the constitution. It is in rags.

The bill of rights is being systematically dismantled. Men have spilled their blood for those rights.

Your sons and daughters, your brothers and sisters, and Americas best young men and women are loosing their limbs. They are loosing their lives. They are loosing the hearts. They do not know why they are fighting. They are killing. And they do not know why.

They have done some extroadinary acts. Their deeds go before them. But these wars are lies. They are lies. They decieved our entire nation with terrorism. They have gotten us to hand them our rights. Our Rights! Men died for those rights!

September Eleventh was an inside job. They blew up a third building in broad daylight. Building 7.

Your leaders betrayed you.

You elected an aristocracy. They are beholden to special interests. They were brainwashed through the Council on Foreign Relations. Your leaders are planning to merge the United States into a one world banking system. They want to put computer chips in you.

These men have evil hearts. They have tricked you into supporting corporate facism. We gave them the keys to our country. We were not vigilant with our republic.

There is hope. BUT WE MUST TAKE OUR REPUBLIC BACK.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

So he was locked up for saying on Facebook what most ATS members say every day, basically. Is that nuts or are we all nuts?

That's a bit scary, all sarcasm aside.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I know someone who claimed this happened to him over ten years ago, so somehow I don't think this something that Obama is responsible for.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I know someone who claimed this happened to him over ten years ago, so somehow I don't think this something that Obama is responsible for.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your title says Navy Seal. The article says he was a Marine. Two different branches of service. Navy Marine?

I went to the source, I read the related part of the article (the sourced web-page has some book it is promoting, I didn't read that part just the material related to the topic here) sourced in the Original Poster's quote, and it is about 3 cases of veterans facing similar situations. The Navy SEALs' case (Harry G. Butler III) is the major focus of the article, but Raub's case is also mentioned. Raub was, as you may know, the Marine.
So it is about 2 Navy vets and one inactive Marine. The OP simply quoted the article's portion of the Marine's situation, and not Butler's.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riiver

So he was locked up for saying on Facebook what most ATS members say every day, basically. Is that nuts or are we all nuts?

The Government would certainly like to claim we're all nuts. For example...

Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas. Click on the text boxes below to learn about popular conspiracy theories.

www.america.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The Government would certainly like to claim we're all nuts. For example...

Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas. Click on the text boxes below to learn about popular conspiracy theories.

www.america.gov...

In all honesty, ATS does that to itself with some of the complete nonsense people claim on here. I'm not in the least bit surprised that the US government makes use of the trash people believe in an effort to discredit all conspiracy theories.

Imaginations do run wild here, members do allow their fears to trump facts, and evidence is often willfully ignored. I've seen these things happen every day here, with people even continuing threads after something has been completely debunked because they just don't want to read about the truth and they pretend they didn't see it.

Like it or not, ATS is probably 20% fact and 80% wild and unreasonable fantasy.

That doesn't change the fact that 20% is fact of course, or that a conspiracy "theory" is only a theory until it's proven.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Like it or not, ATS is probably 20% fact and 80% wild and unreasonable fantasy.

That doesn't change the fact that 20% is fact of course, or that a conspiracy "theory" is only a theory until it's proven.

I agree, most of the stuff on ATS is complete nonsense. The point I was making is that the government is trying to claim all conspiracies are unreasonable fantasies, which is obviously not true because countless conspiracies have become a fact over the years. Saying there are no true conspiracies is like saying there is no such thing as a black sheep.
edit on 20/7/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Look at shows like the National Geo Preppers show and I think we can see where they get that idea from, in at least some examples. I hate to say it, but some of the more "dedicated" of the CT's and Preppers are also the most harmful to their own cause. Far more damaging than any law or over-reaching regulation. Then again, shows like that may well have been intended for that purpose. Find the most wacko cases, showcase them and leave the public thinking that's your average Alex Jones or ATS member/user.

At least one of the 3 in the source article was nailed for threatening the President though, and not just being a conspiracy theorist. People really don't seem to take that seriously and yet, people REALLY go to federal prison every year for committing that federal felony.

Guys..when they say threatening the President is a crime? THEY REALLY DO MEAN IT (Even if YOU are just kidding. They really....don't...care) ...as the one there found out in a most unpleasant way.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There are many things that Vets all around this country would love to sit down with congress and have answers given for. There are many things i would love to say about our beloved "Elected" government. But as history has shown time and again empires coming into power do not take it very well when educated people start asking questions, or when soldiers question orders, or when the people want answers....

I wish I could say that I see things changing in this country, that I believe the system could be restored. Alas I see this powder keg has a fuse that is getting to close to the fire. The final question will be : When it blows.........who is going to get hit by the blast?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It is scary, even though we have seen some of the theories eventually become true, or have a grain of truth to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

See what happens when you train a man to do unspeakable things, then expect the man to reintegrate back into society like he was a CPA instead of a man forced to murder in order to survive.

Vietnam destroyed many men. Iraq 2 and Afghanistan have hurt almost as many.

At the very least... The kids can come back this time and not be labeled a murderer.

My Dad was attached to the Green Berets as a medic cause he had mortuary experience. He was also a pretty bad dude. He turned off anytime it came to talking experiences. He said that his letters were enough.

He came back the same. An unhinged mass murderer. He killed himself because he was tired of killing.

He was a product of war.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

That wasn't sarcasm. That was the God's honest truth.

This is sarcasm....

"no sense in getting all worked up over nothing"

edit on 20-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A few close friends of mine in the military have stated regularly how the
common feeling of distrust and anguish towards the current president is very
prevalent among themselves. It is no wonder why steps like this are being taken
by the current administration. an attempt to keep from being shot at I suppose.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Title is misleading.......

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Your title says Navy Seal. The article says he was a Marine. Two different branches of service. Navy Marine?

You can be both a Marine and a Navy SEAL.

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Our Gov't. is concerned about what to do with all of the servicemen coming home. Maybe they should be concerned, .. or did they actually think that all of these men and women were going to remain blind once they return to a country they no longer recognize as the one they 'thought' they were fighting for. Brainwashing doesn't work on most folks, and of those who are successfully brainwashed, it won't last when they are here to see what's really taking place in their country. Of course the Gov't would be concerned......

I was reading posts not long ago where most CT were being ridiculed for their thoughts / opinions. Later I was reading more comments where the CT were no longer the minority, and I waited for, but often wondered if it would ever come to pass.. but now I see the shift where folks are starting to ask themselves & one another just what can we do to change things. It might have taken a long time and though it isn't happening quite yet, the tide is turning. If I see this, they see it too. This is why (IMO), they are starting to douse the smoke before it becomes a raging fire-storm.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These government agencies are cunning when it comes to discrediting people, creating gag lines etc. I wouldn't put it passed them. In an example lets say the FBI are investigating you for whatever reason and tailing you and they don't want you to be alerted to their presence and be made. They get their local police cop friends to pull you over for no reason other than to make some BS story up saying a vehicle like yours was reported stolen. After they data mine all your information on you and everyone in your vehicle etc they then let you go. Then this gets passed on to FBI. Their borderline criminals themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join