It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't People Forgive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi All, New to the site but have been reading for yeras

Wish this could go under Rants or another topic but I am restricted restricted. This is something I will never understand.

So why are we as people so hard to forgive others? Of course I know this is not the case with everyone including myself but so many people including those close to my heart just cant seem to truly forgive others for wrongs commited against them whether real or perceived. I relaize there are many things that are unforgiveable even for those of us who are forgiving and I am not speaking of horrible acts such as abuse but so many people can not seem to get over less signifcant slights against them. Life is too short to be bitter about things that happened to you years ago that maybe are not all that significant. I cant imagine carrying around all of that negative resintment my whole life for things that at least for me might be upsetting at first but then i relaize they are minor in the big picture. The only thing worse than someone not being able to forgive is someone who likes to continously recall those events and throw them in your face at the most opportune time.

I truly question whether these types of people will ever have peace in their life? I also feel sorry for those who cannot easily forgive.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silenceisacceptance

I forgive you for not making an introduction thread.
Welcome to ats.

edit on 19-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
thanks, I guess I missed the point of the intro. just had been thinking for a while about my topic and based on the large variety of people on ATS and the many different responses I have seen in the past i though it would be a good place to post the question.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Revenge is one of the fuels humans have, however bad it maybe.

Once taken revenge, the relief is not what you expected.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's ok, we like our members to get their feet wet with posting in existing threads, before they start their own.

There are a lot of community norms here on ATS that you won't find on other forums and it can be a bit overwhelming.

Let me know if you need anything.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Many slights in life can be forgiven just not forgotten.....there is a huge difference between the two.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

join