It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Arrest PHOTOS: New Pictures Emerge From Boston Bombing Suspect Manhunt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Arrest PHOTOS: New Pictures Emerge From Boston Bombing Suspect Manhunt

A Massachusetts State Police officer has released never-before-seen photos of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, which show him bloodied and bruised as sniper teams take aim at his head. Sgt. Sean Murphy, a tactical photographer with the state police, handed over the photos to Boston Magazine on Thursday. He released them because he was furious with Rolling Stone for running the now-infamous cover photo of Tsarnaev that many say glamorizes the Boston bombing suspect. He told the magazine that he wanted to counter the message he says Rolling Stone conveys.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"In real life, police and military personnel are trained to fire at the center of mass (read: chest/heart), as the head is a small target that likes moving around a lot, while the center of mass is a relatively easy target that moves with the subject and also has lots of vital organs in it. And even if you miss, you might hit a limb (or, yes, the head) instead."

Why a head shot?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think they were aiming at the head because a head shot is an instant kill shot, especially with a large caliber sniper round....not to say that a shot to the chest wouldn't be fatal but there is a slight chance that the subject might still live for a few seconds...enough time to set off a bomb or something

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
"In real life, police and military personnel are trained to fire at the center of mass (read: chest/heart), as the head is a small target that likes moving around a lot, while the center of mass is a relatively easy target that moves with the subject and also has lots of vital organs in it. And even if you miss, you might hit a limb (or, yes, the head) instead."
Why a head shot?

Probably because no scenario is the same. The variables of any operation are different including the egress speed of a target from an area. In other words, in many cases a head shot is not easy but in this case it clearly was.

Also depends on who the shooters are, assault or something more tactical. What load are they using?

Finally what does it matter, no shot was taken.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yes well... more of that "center of mass" theory. Cant one get creative? What are we? Machines? How many examples you want of snipers aiming for the head? To be honest I've seen more snipers aiming for the head then aiming for any other part of the body.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is good, please release more photos for us to see, since at first the whole thing was made into a conspiracy for lack of.

So is there a link to a thread or article about the rolling stone? I was offline for a week and must have missed something.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18
This is good, please release more photos for us to see, since at first the whole thing was made into a conspiracy for lack of.

So is there a link to a thread or article about the rolling stone? I was offline for a week and must have missed something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Apparently the man who leaked these photos, Sgt. Sean Murphy, has been relieved of duty because of the leak.

UPDATE 9 p.m. EST: Boston Magazine editor John Wolfson tweeted that Murphy has been relieved of duty, though not yet fired, and has been ordered not to speak to media

It's refreshing to see someone who still puts his morals before his paycheck.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't think that I would agree that all police and military are trained to ONLY fire at center mass. During my time on the Fast teams, we always practiced 2 in the chest, 1 in the head. And for precision shots, a headshot is always preferred because it is instant death. Chest shots can be messy and don't always stop the threat instantly.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yes, I do realize this is a stupid question and I will get hammered for it.

Where is the throat wound which kept him from talking for the first few days after his arrest ???
I do not see enough blood on his jacket to warrent such a wound. Of course, this "fact" could have been changed since I have not been able to keep a real good track on the case for a long time. (to much work)

I was a little surprised the other day to see him with a cast on one arm and his face swollen. Must have "fallen down". I know nothing could have happened to him in jail.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander

Yes, I do realize this is a stupid question and I will get hammered for it.

Where is the throat wound which kept him from talking for the first few days after his arrest ???
I do not see enough blood on his jacket to warrent such a wound. Of course, this "fact" could have been changed since I have not been able to keep a real good track on the case for a long time. (to much work)

I was a little surprised the other day to see him with a cast on one arm and his face swollen. Must have "fallen down". I know nothing could have happened to him in jail.

GOOD WORK XAVIER

There is no wound to the throat but we all knew that anyway....right? ......
all lies from start to finish. BB is a fraud in the same exact mold as SH.

Dzhokar Tsarnaev’s Throat Wound: Another Government Lie Bites the Dust -Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com July 19, 2013

edit on 19-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

The SWAT team said it looked like a knife wound.
I can't see half of his neck in the photos, so I can't say if there really is any neck injury or not. There is a decent amount of blood though.

[skip to 1:00 for interview]

edit on 19-7-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

The comments are very telling....

Is it possible that Sgt. Sean Murphy is a secret whistleblower? In releasing these photos, he has sacrificed his job and quite possibly his safety. Thank you Sean Murphy for releasing these pictures!!!

Because nothing is adding up...I wish people would wake up..
edit on 19-7-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i am immediately supiscious of the release of these photos, now, and i doubt their veracity.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, he may have been trying to defame the bombers but look what happened - the brother comes out with his hands up, to surrender, and gets shot in the head.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

A blind person can see that there's NO neck wound............Please refrain from your attempt to cover for the evil lying perpetrators........I am sure you know better but I will also not be surprised to see you insisting on defending them..........sad indeed..

Please examine this image closely then come back to us and we can discuss it..........

I can deduce through my powers of logic and common sense to see that the governments claims are false. There are NO slash wounds either from the false claim of an attempt at suicide. No gunshots to the front or back of the head and neck............its all false on the part of a corrupted government. We - as Americans are in deep trouble !!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Well this is interesting, he may have been trying to defame the bombers but look what happened - the brother comes out with his hands up, to surrender, and gets shot in the head.

NOT shot .........what you see are laser pointers !

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I taught CQM (close quarters marksmanship) to several hundred soldiers during my last few years in the army. The "center mass" you speak of is used when killing "ply-woodians" ie - range for qualification. This allows the maximum chance to hit a target and ensured it goes down.

That being said, actual shooting situations call for an "incapacitating" shot. Center mass is replaced with a kill box. This area is from the bridge of the nose to the clavicle and is the width of the mouth. This allows for total incapacitation of the target (no nerves, no reflexes, no last actions). This started about ten years ago for the common shooter and goes even farther back for one that was specialized (sniper, designated marksman).

The other reason this changed was the upspike in body armor. There were numerous times in Iraq where the "bad guys" had better body armor than the soldiers.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

You literally can not see half of his neck. I'm sorry that I have to see proof before i believe anything, unlike you and your paranoid delusions. You can try to convince yourself that your opinions are facts, but i see no proof. I have no idea if he had a throat injury or not and i don't claim to know either.

I thought this website's motto was "Deny Ignorance" not embrace it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
About the throat injury -

Not all injuries bleed, especially injuries caused by "amped up" police forces. Over zealous cop does a knee drop on this guy to "secure" him while he is on the ground and he would have a throat injury. Lots of tender pieces just below the skin of the neck, so it doesn't require a lot of force to create an injury.

I will fully admit I do not remember if it was claimed that he had an actual wound to his neck or just an injury.........

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

Look closely at the outside of the collar of his jacket in the second picture. Also look at the exposed portion of his abdoman.
Do you see any trace of bleeding in either area. If he had a significant injury to the throat some blood would show either on the outside of his jacket collar or inside his clothes on his abdoman.
I would not rule out some scrape or "minor" cut, I am looking for an injury which would keep him from talking for several days as was reported.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join