It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor Says About You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

In honor of National Ice Cream month, Baskin-Robbins has decided to give you a little insight on what your favorite flavor says about your personality. The ice cream parlor partnered with taste and smell expert Dr. Alan Hirsch, founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, to associate personality traits that might correspond with its most popular flavors.

I don't eat much ice cream but I found this to be very interesting. To be honest I like various flavors of ice cream and I guess anyone can have multiple favorites. Here is the list:

If your favorite flavor is Vanilla, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible and an idealist.
If your favorite flavor is Chocolate, you’re more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.
If your favorite flavor is, Very Berry Strawberry, you’re more likely to be a tolerant, devoted and an introvert.
If your favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be argumentative, frugal and cautious.
If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you’re more likely to be ambitious, competitive and a visionary.
If your favorite flavor is Pralines ‘n Cream, you’re more likely to be loving, supportive and prefer to avoid the spotlight.
If your favorite flavor is Jamoca (i.e. coffee), you’re more likely to be scrupulous, conscientious and a moral perfectionist.
If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be generous, competent and a go getter.
If your favorite flavor is Rainbow Sherbet, you’re more likely to be analytic, decisive and a pessimistic.
If your favorite flavor is Rocky Road, you’re more likely to be aggressive, engaging and a good listener.

My favorites are: Rocky road which explains why I can easily get heated into debates and I like to listen to people; Chocolate Chip is delicious and I'm a go getter; Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough I'm an ambitious and competitive person; Mint Chocolate Chip as with rocky road I can be argumentative and being a listener I like to hear other people out. Think before I speak. I'm also very cheap and cautious how I use my money. Now I love all three vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. But I love neapolitan and wonder if all three apply as one?

Now what are your favorite flavors and thoughts on this topic. I for one like it!

Source
Source 2

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
LOL....fun thread......I would say my least favorite is somewhat telling........Rainbow sherbet......I am not always decisive and generally optimistic.....

Rocky Road probably my favorite, but nothing beats vanilla with cake or pie.......

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

What a fun thread!

My favorite has been and will always be chocolate.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My favourite raspberry ripple, but out of that selection it would be the strawberry one, and it is spot on, I am a introvert, pretty tolerant and I've been married twenty years so I'm pretty devoted, Haha who'd of thought it ice cream betrays your personality.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mine is COMPLETELY off the mark....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like mint chocolate chip ice cream and I resent the implication that somehow liking a flavor of Ice Cream denotes a personality trait and I will spend the next twelve pages debating the implications of this.

First off I hate to argue and I'll yell incoherently at anyone who says otherwise...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about people who don't like ice cream and/or are lactose intolerant?

Chocolate, I suppose...

ETA: Raspberry would be awesome but isn't listed here

edit on 7/19/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can't eat icecream anymore, but when I could Coffee/Jamocha was my favorite.

If your favorite flavor is Jamoca (i.e. coffee), you’re more likely to be scrupulous, conscientious and a moral perfectionist.

I don't know about any of that ... but it was my favorite.

I liked going to Friendlies and getting a giant 4 scoop hot fudge sundae ... Coffee, Pepperment Stick, Maple Walnut, and Butter Pecan. I don't know if they have those flavors still ... but man it was soooo good!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Funny I didn't notice tiger tiger on the list....
must be they are too nasty to speak about.....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In the store, there isn't what I want, though finally found something similar, in the overpriced small containers, blueberry, lovely.

But when you get an icecream at the shops, I love Raspberry Icecream and I love Raspberry milkshakes.

Nor do I think it equates to a specific personality. Not to mention most of the traits were negative seeming.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Lets see...

If your favorite flavor is Vanilla, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible and an idealist.
If your favorite flavor is Chocolate, you’re more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.
If your favorite flavor is Pralines ‘n Cream, you’re more likely to be loving, supportive and prefer to avoid the spotlight.
If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be generous, competent and a go getter.

I like those above.

and Oreo cookie and vanilla

and lemon custard

and home made Peach mmmmm good!

I usually buy Blue bell when I buy ice cream...

banana splits and hot fudge sundaes (at shops) are great!! Yummy yummy

edit on 20-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm diabetic and you just put me in a coma.
Seriously, I like them all mostly. Nothing with mint though.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm diabetic and you just put me in a coma.
Seriously, I like them all mostly. Nothing with mint though.

I'm sure you've tried diabetic Ice cream

I don't partake to much now. Must watch my figure

But, home made is the best!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No white pepper ice cream? What a boring ice cream shop!

new topics

top topics

join