It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Shrodinger's Cat was actually a ball bust all along...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo

I admit that It took me longer than usual to get onboard (surely there is a better euphemism) with your idea.

I have never been raised poo before, but if this were poker......I'm actually embarrassed to finish that sentence.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Psi is a developmental issue like learning to walk or talk.

What happens if a child is raised by animals? The part of there brain related to speech is affected I such a way they can never learn to talk.

Same difference is respect to psi ability....

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
themetapicture.com...

If this is real, I imagine light could be something like those shockwaves. Though it is known, or at least said, that light does not require a medium to exist, light is its own medium. So the shockwaves themselves in that image would be 'photons'. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ImaFungi:

I imagine light could be something like those shock waves?

You do realise that those shock waves are not caused by the bullet, but by the detonation of the propellant in the shell casing. The bullet itself causes very little disturbance in the air, but does experience 'drag' upon its mass. A photon, unlike a bullet, has no mass, and therefore experiences no drag. As far as I am aware, photons need no medium along which to propagate.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue
reply to post by NorEaster

You've got to be careful of that Quantum mockery, though. One example of quantum mockery was called the "watched pot" experiment. To illustrate the absurdity of the Quantum mechanics, a scientist devised an experiment, where he showed that by making constant observations of radioactive decay, the substance would never decay. He mockingly compared it to the old phrase "a watched pot never boils." So scientists did the experiment, and indeed, radioactive decay, if constantly watched, doesn't happen. The effect is called Quantum Zeno Effect:

en.wikipedia.org...

Our reality is either a wave of potential or a solid particle. What make it solid is the observation, what effects it is the observation..thought...consciousness. Consciousness creates reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
When I get another cat, I am going to call it "Shrodinger"

(of course, I can only imagine what he/she will want to call me!)
edit on 28-7-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: Make someone laugh??? I hope.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Yes I realize that, and maybe thats why the concept of a photon is so confusing, and its said to not be like a bullet, but a 'packet of waves' or something like that. So in that shock wave analogy the initial extreme change in regards to acceleration and momentum and energy release (the gun partakes in to send the bullet) is the 'creation' of a photon. The gun being an atom or charged particle, when forced to accelerate 'emits photons'. Its obvious (to me) why photons and quanta in general are said to be discrete, and I think its because everything can said to be discrete if its compared to everything else. I guess a reason why this may have been a shock with photons is because does that mean the photons dont 'leak' energy once they are created, the energy of the photon equals the values of energy that went into 'shaking' the charged particle that caused the photons to appear. So say I shake a charged particle with an energetic value of 5. Compared to a charged particle being shaken with an energetic value of 9999999. These would correlate with the different frequencies and energy levels of photons and the fact that they discretely create a gradient of possible energy levels. I guess the discreteness and quantization and particlization of a photon is possible because when a 'energy level 5' photon is created, it can travel through 'vacuum' for a billion years and remain. (besides redshift I guess, or if out of a stream of photons, over time some do drift off out of the stream which weakens the total stream)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

^^^

This is probably why physicists were really into the idea of a luminiferous aether, being that light appears to be a medium all to itself, which now physicists refer to as the em field. So the em field is the luminiferous aether, the luminiferous aether being the medium of space which allows light to exist and is disturbed into propagation as light, and the em field is the medium of space which allows light to exist and is disturbed into propagation as light.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Are you implying that a photon without any obstruction in its path for say 10 billion light years is diminished in energy and that redshift is indicative of that?

General Relativity presents Redshift as a result of space-time curvature.

In analogy it is to suggest that its as if the photons follow an inherent curve in relation to a sphere (as an example) with respect to the Universe.

Any thoughts?
edit on 31-7-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If anything the photon appears to be accelerating past the speed of light, hence the phenomenon of Redshift.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

The strange thing about this thought experiment related to a cat. Is that if you actually placed an adult cat into a small enclosed space with a radioactive pellet? The cat is going to do everything in its power to escape that environment. In all probability this would include damaging the apparatus that would result in its death due to its gyrations, in relation to trying to get out of that cats situation.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Kashai because: Modifed content

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

No I was not implying that. I was implying that an area of light released from a star contains more then one photon, and over a 10 billion year span of time, that viewable area of light may change in the number of photons that remain with the pack. I dont think physicists think red shift has to do with the curvature of space, more so the expansion of space. I also have never seen it defined, in what way space exists. Supposedly there are multiple fields in/of space that exist at all points in space, is there a separate 'vacuum/space' field that is none of the other fields, in which all fields exist in/on? Or is 'space/vacuum' the totality of fields? And so there is the em field which is how photons exist and this field exists alongside/on top of/in all other fields and so photons follow the path of those fields, if for example they are curved.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

That is because 'they' believe space is expanding. So imagine a space of 10000 miles, expanding 10000 more miles every second. And we are at one end, and we turn on a flashlight and see the beam travel away from us at the speed of light. What they are saying is the light is being carried a distance by the space expanding greater then it travels if space was not expanding, and I dont really get the theory to well so thats all I really know of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

lol, that was one of the silliest things Ive ever read. Instead of Schrodinger cat replace the cat with yourself, and so you dont freak out and break an apparatus imagine you are tied down very well. To people outside the box, are you alive and dead objectively?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Kashai

lol, that was one of the silliest things Ive ever read. Instead of Schrodinger cat replace the cat with yourself, and so you dont freak out and break an apparatus imagine you are tied down very well. To people outside the box, are you alive and dead objectively?

Fundamental to Indigenous systems of beliefs is access to the Spirit World. So yes I am both alive and dead as essentially in the context of life after death, as one being alive, after the body stops functioning.

It sounds to me like you are in a box and as far as silly what evidence do you have?

AS far the rest of your comments I could not give the hind and of an overweight Rattus rattus as to what you think.

The is a public forum everyone has an opinion. All you really seem to be doing is regressing to some earlier mechanism for coping when you did not get what you wanted

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

My thoughts are that you have cracked and now show your true colors. You wear a disguise of science and philosophy but underneath that thin veneer is a very simple person with simple beliefs, they just happen to not necessarily be true. Your conclusions are delusions and they are so easy to come by. I could make up anything creatively as an author may make up harry potter, and believe it to be true, this is similar to what you have done with your convictions. I wish you well through life, our beliefs are tautological, if you hold tight to your impenetrable veil you may have great success in fending off the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I feel that if you can prove anything you are claiming that last statement would actually be intelligent.

Otherwise you are Bloviating.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I feel that if you can prove anything you are claiming that last statement would actually be intelligent.

Otherwise you are Bloviating.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

What is there to prove? So psi abilities exist, you can see whats in my mind right now, and I can send you messages. So what does that mean? God exists? We are magic? Our brains are quantom entanglers? We can enter the age of Aquarius?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I am a member of an indigenous culture as far as all that, I am not applying such issues

As far as reading your mind or trusting you in any way did you not read my response about the
overweight rat.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join