It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the good suffer, and I succeed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Several people here have asked your same question in different ways, the simple fact is, that the world loves its own. Those that lie, cheat, steal and do all manor of evil are rewarded while those that oppose that are put down. If you are looking for a good person, I'm sorry to say that there are none. To be good means to be morally excellent and all have lied, stolen, cheated, dishonored, coveted and failed to keep the others as well.

One poster said it felt like Lucifer was running the world, well your right about that and he is a lier and the father of lies, a murderer, a thief and a destroyer. He's an equal opportunity hater, he hates all mankind, even those that are his. As for those that are his and do his bidding well are rewarded and those that don't and yet are his he does evil to them also.

Even Jesus said that the world would hate those that followed him and of course Lucifer goes after those that are Christ's with a vengeance. There are those that claim to be Christians but are not and belong to Lucifer and lead many astray, they seem to get rewarded handsomely.

OP, there is only one who can take away the stain but the memory will remain.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom, mine passed away from cancer 41 years ago also.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
I want to be honest.

I'm not a good person. I've cheated, lied, been unfaithful. I've killed (for my country, but let's keep it real, I pulled the trigger).

And yet, after all of this, I'm rewarded with huge financial and business success; I have a wife I don't deserve, and a perfect, gorgeous baby girl. I've got it all.

On the flip side, my mother; the light of my life. Devoted her life to spreading the word of God; she spent years working in orphanages in the darkest reaches of the world. She gave tirelessly of herself, and not a person who met her wasn't changed in some way for the good.

What's her reward? Brain cancer. What followed was 6 of the most horrible months of my life. She spent the whole time in the hospice bed ridden, in pain, and ever so slowly lost her body, mind and spirit.

The last 24 hours she lay there gasping for breath, until she suffocated to death with me by her side.

How does this make sense? I've never really believed in a God or a higher power, and this only furthers my opinion.

Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

I just don't get it.

I know plenty of "bad" people who aren't doing too well. maybe your thesis statement should read: "Why do the strong succeed while the weak fail?
edit on 19-7-2013 by PinealJockey because: spelng

*sorry for your loss. I've been through it and so have many of my closest friends*
edit on 19-7-2013 by PinealJockey because: spelng

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If Cancer wants you, it will get you, no matter how wealthy you are....sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

This is one of the most beautiful replies i've ever read (and posts on that matter). Exactly straight to the point. I was going to tell our brother ExCommando that the fact that he has totally changed his perspective means that he made some right choices and that in no circumstance can anyone judge him to be a bad or a good person.

Excommando, maybe it was your destiny to live and do all those things and to have such a wonderful mother to be some example in order for you to start finding some real answers about the depth of yourself.

Also, about the killing - you should ask yourself why you REALLY did it. Was it for money, fear, protecting your country or maybe... hate? Our intentions are more paramount than what the effect is since the effect is determined by so many variables that we cannot see in advance, nor even in perspective.

I've done some things that may be considered not so good if seen from the side. However, most of the time vefore i do something i always consider what is the free will of the individual that will be the recipient of my action. And also, am i being of service to this person or am i just being of service to myself by doing what I think is right regardless of the will of the other person...?

I cannot say that all my actions have been beneficial for now but who knows if in 20 years, what i did with or to someone will play an essential part in his development and life and be a beneficial to him in retrospect? All we have is our intentions and weighing our actions according to the free will of our brothers and sister.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

How does this make sense? I've never really believed in a God or a higher power, and this only furthers my opinion. Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

Are you trying to say people who don't believe in god have darkness in their heart? lol

Things happens, its luck, aka, sort of like butterfly effect.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Or, you have been rewarded and blessed with good things in your life, thanks to your mother. Her relationship with our Father. You will need at some point start to see things the way she did.

As a Christian i am not gonna complain about how difficult things can get. Your mother, no matter her struggle, found joy in salvation. A good soul, like you mother's, hardly or never complains out loud.

You are blessed and be thankful to Him. That's all you need to do

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks for your straight talk OP!

I try to look at these things from a 'soul-level'. Can you imagine your life being only a small aspect of a bigger reality? These experiences here on earth may not be so important on a higher level, although they are connected. In the bigger reality, there is no time or space, so whatever happens in this 4-dimensional life isn't even happening at all, from that viewpoint. This is hard to explain, but think about the fact that the present is all that really exists in our reality. And what is the present? It is only a tiny shard of time.

I have some experience with long term suffering from pain. At the time you are going through it, it's hell. But later, when the pain is gone, it really is gone, as if it had never been there. And if anything, it has made you stronger.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, this really all comes down to faith and that is an individual issue. If someone has no faith and does not believe in God, then what one does here just doesn't' matter, and those who do live a life of faith seem ignorant and foolish as many do live with less than those who follow a worldly path. Not all believers in Christ are poor. Though most of the wealthy ones I have know were either born with it, or they became wealthy before they had their heart change and truly believed.

Suffering has many virtues in it. For me, I have learned to not harbor anger or pain. I nearly lost my right leg in 2000 in a car accident. I was very athletic all my life, never much overweight, and enjoyed running daily. I was 34 years old. The accident was no ones fault, and it changed my life drastically. In my amazing health I looked down on those were did not exercise (not outwardly, but inwardly I was proud of my self image). I was not very patient because most things came easily to me. I have loved God all my life, but I did have a specific conversion experience though born Catholic and believing completely in Jesus, my heart was never truly changed until that day in 1987. My life changed drastically upon that happening.

My plans had been to be a major marketing guru in New York and to own my own firm by the time I was thirty. Suddenly, a month before graduating college I had this incredible mind and spirit awakening and all I cared about was following Jesus and serving the Lord. I feel I was led by the Holy Spirit into no where jobs just to meet people and watch amazing things happen by the Lord's hand through me. On one job, I was there about two weeks and pretty much the whole office joined me in church. God did amazing things and many people came to salvation. Please do not think I take any of the credit. God can use a jackass as easily as He can use me. I was just a willing servant saying "Here I am Lord, Send me". I had some success in work, but for the most part, I just do not fit in with the world.

I cannot understand mean people. I cannot understand how one can lie without thinking a second thought, steal and it not bother them or do anything we all know in our hearts is wrong, but we shut it off until eventually we no longer feel that pang of consciousness. Suffering has taught me how to love, how to forgive, how to not blame, and how easily I can fail and in that failure be no better than the worst sinner. So, I thank God that He has heard my prayers and allowed me to see those weaknesses in me. The healthy do not need a doctor my friend, but the sick. The truth is we are all sick, but until we come face to face with it which is through suffering then we don't reach out to the the good physician. How we overcome our suffering can lead many to faith. I do believe God takes the best and we cannot understand it. We don't deserve them and they go home sooner. I truly do believe that. I am sorry for your loss. I know your mother has never left your side, and knows your heart and is praying for you. I do hope you find what you are looking for.
edit on 19-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

First, my condolences to you for the loss of your mother. She sounded like an extraordinary woman with an amazing gift to help those less fortunate.
Second, I think your finding it hard to reconcile what you do for a living with the lessons your mother must have taught you when you were growing up now that she is gone.
edit on 19-7-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh it's counting.
Success, especially ill earned success may reward
here, but as many esoteric masters have said, there will be a "correction"
that will need to be paid in full.
So I say have a blast...for now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"Envy not the evildoers, for the meek shall inherent the Earth."
You're receiving your rewards in this world, she'll receive hers in the next.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We live in dark and trying times, I'm afraid. It is getting to the point where if you want to help people, you want to do a good job and such you are endangering yourself.

Try to get a job or start a company with the goal of helping people and see how far it gets you - probably not far. This is my experience. And I'm not joking.

Door-to-door sales - I had to convince people that the poor quality paint jobs at more expensive prices were a good option. Science and technology - y business partner and I tried to invent, and succeeded in inventing, new medical technology that was stolen and is probably going to be sold at ridiculous prices. Creativity - worked for the past 15 years or so in the music industry recording and writing songs I cared about, got no where.

The truth is, it is not natural for society to decay. It is natural for society to flourish - rewarding those with good intentions, not those who are acidic and corrupt. Or maybe it goes in cycles.

edit on 19-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

your insinuating that because someone is good that means every other aspect of there life therefore should also be good. And bad... bad. Life doesn't work like that. Life is a lot of random events. And even if you're bad in some ways, you still most likely had to work on your business to make it a success. So that bad doesn't disqualify the work you put into it. And your mother was good, but we all get old and therefore could get a desease. So she might have been good but she still was older and that didn't necessarily protect her from an illness. I had a similar situation. Was running a business honestly and ethically. Had all my contact info on the website, had a biz license, felt I needed to hide nothing, and as a result when tptb found out they came in with an all out assult to destroy my biz and take as much money as they could. Being naive, innocent and honest, it got my totally whipped out. But I learned a lot from it of what not to do next time. So I'm sometimes bitter about it but I know that it made me stronger in the end. But there is good and evil in the world and one disgused as the other often as well. That doesn't mean there's no God though just because your mother who was Godly got sick. We all die it's just a part of life and that was her time. But if you have everything on this earth but don't know God, that's selling yourself short. If you got to know him you'd then have a very full life as you'd have both the physical and the spiritual sides worked out. As for me I have the spiritual but now I have to rebuild a new business which bothers me because it could take years to get back to where I once was. But who knows. Even when bad things happen you can't dwell on them, it's useless as you can't change it. All you can do is keep moving forward in life.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered if they get to go on to better world than this? And your actions will not allow it? You are shortsighted seeing only this world. If you are an Atheist fine but there could still be an afterlife without a god that is better than this life...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

The sins are always going to be there................... But I think I can make amends in some shape or form.

Then you're not all that bad. You have a conscience. Bad people know what they are and keep doing what they do anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It' simple. The "good" worry themselves with the thought of "why does god let things happen?" while the "bad" move on in life with "god simply lets things happen".

It's sort of like National Geographic documenting animals and not intervening. God does Spiritual Universal and he doesn't intervene because of free will.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

then there are some people who have done everything you have done and end with a horrible life and a horrible death.

some people do good and have a great life.

since you mention God... well the earth belongs to satan.. so guess who will reward and who he will crush..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

[color=cyan]

ExCommando, I am sorry to hear about your mother, and my deepest condolences go out to you all dealing with losing her. 1 tries to avoid the deep personal threads as they carry large amount of compassion and @ times its best to let some heal first. You seem to be really asking a fundamental question associated to this current location where your consciously processing/understanding what is before you or reality.

1 shall try to my best to subjectively answer not only to answer you but hopefully to install some hope/strength within as you and the rest of us journey thru existence.

@ times it may seem from the perspective of the experiencer that all can or may seem well
but deeper observations made to this reality reveals there is more to it perhaps to tell

the good try hard and live (here) and share their spiritual ability to shine Bright
to open paths or lighten paths for others seeming to be walking @ night

@ night meaning there or things not seen as some experiencers walk their paths
surrounding a experiencers consciousness but hiding (needed bright) steps with mask

Missing these Spiritual steps of Strength observed walked by those who do/did good
later as more experiences or learned things have potential to no work out as they could

Meaning in somes experiences they stayed Spiritually strong & remained dedicated (here) in life
to sharing GODs WILL to others basically saying why (here in the flesh) do your best TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT

So in essence to 1 subjectively yes here some may believe or think that all is good
forgetting the spiritual connection (which is eternal) and beyond the flesh not understood

Why others on the other hand manage to sense the ills here and try to assist for they feel and sensed beyond
dedicate their life/light (here) to sharing good wills, LOVE in spirit to assist night walkers who too shall move on

As the experience is understood here it can seem all good ExCommando and 1 is not saying the good you have obtained (here) in life thus far is obsolete no that is not what 1 is saying. 1 is saying subjectively however those like your mother who sense beyond within their spirits and Truly try to share their soul energy to assist family and friends with GODS WILL in being better persons and spirits, they ultimately by taking the harder steps (here) not even seeking to find easier passages later as they continue experiences may find them easier passages spiritually that others my block them selves from due to being masked from the ills here and attached to the illusion that this is all there is (here).

And so ExCommando when taking the time to view through this perspective it may appear some are not suffering (here) why others have went (beyond) here have. But as more experience is made with the conscious/flesh carrying Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy, it seems to 1 subjectively the suffer may be being attached to something you as a Conscious Spirit/Soul/Internal Energy keep repeating unknowingly until you gain more spiritual/soul/internal energy strength to move beyond this current realm of understanding.

God bless you for sharing such personal data of your life and hope is you find that path she your mother left for you all to walk on, laid/paved with the Will of the LORD.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So what is wrong with owning a business and having money? That is not evil. Killing someone because society and laws tell you to is not evil, someone must enforce the nations laws to insure our freedoms....well maybe freedoms is the wrong word, way of life sounds more realistic.

I know people who have hardly nothing and they are happy as can be, yet society looks down on them. That is wrong. Money does not make me happy as it does many others. It is a burden. The more money you have the more society wants it back, everyone tells you you need this and you need that to stimulate the economy. There is a sale at this store, everything is 15 percent off....I'm not going to go buy something I don't need just because it's a "good deal" If I buy only what I need, I can buy it from a local person and pay a little more for it. The money stays in my community that way.

You live with your convictions, I'll live with my lack of convictions. I am not poor and I am not rich. I worked very hard for what I have and am not going to let someone talk me out of it. Everything I own is junk. Everything everyone owns is junk. We have a lot of junk collectors in this world. I treasure some of my junk, much of it has memories attached to it. This junk keeps me me, it reminds me of others I have known and befriended. What I value, most people call junk, that is because they do not know where or whom I got the junk from.

So does all that money really make you happy or do you just think it makes you happy.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I obviously would have to know a lot more about your situation to have a valid opinion, but I can tell you from personal experience that what we label 'bad' things, like your mother's brain cancer in this example, aren't necessarily connected to suffering. It's is quite possible that despite your success, you have experienced a great deal more pain and suffering than your mother. As I'm sure you know, success does not being happiness.

What we put out into the world always returns to us. I'd be willing to bet that if your mother brought as much joy into the world as you indicate, she in turn cultivated a great deal of joy in herself.

We all have darkness within us, because without the darkness we would have no way of understanding the light. Perhaps without your personal dark periods, you would never have come to appreciate the aspects of your mother you so greatly admire?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join