It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humanity punished in eternal hell? Theology

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

With all that said, what is your view on death and the afterlife?

Did I read somewhere that you don't believe in heaven or hell?

What happens?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The truth is you won't know how long hell will last until you get there.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Even then, you don't know because there is no way to measure time, since there is no sun, moon, or stars, and why it is called hell.
edit on 1-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by spartacus699

Even then, you don't know because there is no way to measure time, since there is no sun, moon, or stars, and why it is called hell.

Gosh the non christians just don't get the pun!!!! ahhhhh

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

With all that said, what is your view on death and the afterlife?
Did I read somewhere that you don't believe in heaven or hell?

What happens?

What I said was ...
Hell:
There is no place that is the eternal punishment of hell.
The scriptures "testify of Yahoshua..God is salvation.It is "written" because that is the Truth not the other way around. God is saving all because that is Gods character his nature his name.Is there punishment ?Yes it is corrective not punitive.There is very little more to say about a place that does not exist and is blaspheme to believe in.

Heaven:
There is no place"somewhere out there" called heaven.The kingdom of God and the Kingdom of heavenS is the same thing.Where is it?The scriptures "testify of it."The Kingdom of God COMES without observation..it is NEITHER here nor there ...it is IN your midst.

Heaven is not a "place" it is a realm of existence that is LIFE..spirit.The many believe it is only after death and a place....therefore they cannot enter In to it.The apostles KNEW what it was because they entered IN to it.The "heavens" is not all bliss .Yahoshua was IN the heavens even while he was in the flesh.Yes "flesh and blood " cannot enter in only spirit.."life" can.That is what Yahoshua did he "resurrected" life into all things...ALL..have all entered in through the physical realm?..No...the many have not and will not in this physical age(realm).

Paul spoke briefly about it and understood it but words cannot fully express it.It isn't voodoo magic or mysticism.It is communion with God.Knowing God.The many will only begin to experience that after their physical death.No one knows what that "heavens" is because no one has entered into that heavens except Yahoshua.All that are dead are asleep in hades..the grave..the realm of imperception.They have not been resurrected.That is the 2nd resurrection.

It is futile to fully speculate what or where it is.So I will"speak" as a fool.It is definitely not somewhere out there.In one sense it can't be defined because we are not in that realm.It isn't that even Yahoshua couldn't describe it... it is that no one could understand it.That is why he spoke in parables.How was Yahoshua in heaven and on earth?.The evidence was in the miracles he did.They transcended the physical realm.In one sense they weren't' miracles at all.They were the marriage of the two realms.The veil was being torn.The Holy of Holies was opening up.

The physical realm is in the valley of the shadow of death where imperception reigns through the carnal religious mind that is at enmity with God(spirit) and veils the spirit of life.That is what Yahoshua overcame while in the flesh.It had nothing to do with him following the Law and fulfilling it which made him sinless...again..The scriptures TESTIFY of Yahoshua not the other way around.

Yahoshua is the Living word of God ...the seed of life that grows into the Tree of Life.Being IN Yahoshua is being IN its MIDST.That is why he incarnated to be THE seed of spirit IN the physical realm.The "heavens" are in the fruit of that tree that will infinitely multiply 30,60,100,etc...

...and as you can see that is why Yahoshua spoke only in parables.Because it is the only way he could speak.He was in the Heavens and was not OF this earth but IN it also.He is drawing ALL men UP into himself..Yahoshua..Gods salvation.As Paul said when the carnal mind stops thinking of the image of him as Jesus the man they will be entering IN to the heavens.But who has heard this...not the many.

As I've said I do not judge anyone.I empathize. Only God can reveal this to someone...and he will reveal it to EVERYONE.That is his nature of Yahoshua.It is impossible for God to do or be otherwise.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

That is what Yahoshua did he "resurrected" life into all things...ALL..have all entered in through the physical realm?..No...the many have not and will not in this physical age(realm).

Can you explain your view on that further?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

No one knows what that "heavens" is because no one has entered into that heavens except Yahoshua.All that are dead are asleep in hades..the grave..the realm of imperception.They have not been resurrected.That is the 2nd resurrection.

Can you explain that in more detail too?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

There is no place that is the eternal punishment of hell.
The New Testament says that there is a hell.

Matthew 23:33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

2 Peter 2:4&9 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, . . .
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

James 3:6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Mark 9:43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Luke 10:15 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.

2 Peter 2:17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them.

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 11:23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

Luke 3:17 His winnowing fork is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matthew 22:13 "Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

2 Corinthians 1:10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Galatians 1:9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God's curse!

Galatians 6:8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

2 Timothy 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Hebrews 10:30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."

Romans 14:15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.

James 5:3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire.

Revelation 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The physical realm is in the valley of the shadow of death where imperception reigns through the carnal religious mind that is at enmity with God(spirit) and veils the spirit of life.That is what Yahoshua overcame while in the flesh.It had nothing to do with him following the Law and fulfilling it which made him sinless...again..The scriptures TESTIFY of Yahoshua not the other way around.
The "physical realm" would be membership in a religion that has as its requirement for admission into it based on a particular hereditary bloodline, for example the religion of the temple cult of Jerusalem.
"The carnal religious mind" would be behaving in a way in order to have a holiness according to laws that tell you things like how to dress a certain way, to eat certain foods, and to shun those of not the same bloodline.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

That is what Yahoshua did he "resurrected" life into all things...ALL..have all entered in through the physical realm?..No...the many have not and will not in this physical age(realm).

Can you explain your view on that further?

Yahoshua IS the resurrection of life...spirit.ALL things have their life IN Yahoshua and Through Yahoshua....salvation....growth.Is this a great mystery ..Yes..It is not of this age(realm).It can't be understood by the religious carnal mind.The many of the many are called have not entered into the heavens in their midst in the physical realm and won't.They will walk down the wide path(religion) that leads to the gate of destruction.That is what is meant you are BEING saved BY grace THROUGH faith it is NOT of your own but of God.

Everyone will be saved BY grace and enter through faith because that is the wide path the many(everyone) will take.The many are on that wide path in the physical realm.They will enter the wide gate of destruction through faith.That is where religion is destroyed.They will enter it after their death in the physical realm by being corrected..judged in The Lake of Fire...Gods grace.

Then that leads to the narrow path and to the narrow gate which enters into the field.(btw this is all tied to quantum physics).The narrow gate is the veil of the Holy of Holies.Yahoshua stated very clear few would enter in their midst...the heavens..the temple of God.He meant in this realm.The few are apostles...the sent ones...the chosen ...the called out ones...the bride....the 1st fruits.The first fruit of the Tree of Life to mature will produce good fruit that will multiply.

This is signified by math.144 thousand are the 1st fruits.It is not a quantity of people but a quality.....maturity.Maturity in what way....A relationship with God.What is a relationship ... a ratio.What is the perfect(mature) ratio.The Golden ratio...1:1.618.........

Fn13/Fn12
233/144=1.618,055,555,555,555....................
The golden ratio=1:1.618..................

God(1) signifies EVERYTHING by math....the spirit of life.It ALL begins in the Fibonacci sequence...resurrection to Life.

Fn0=0=the void
Fn1=1=The Father
Fn2=1=The Son

Notice Fn1 and Fn2 both equal "1".That is unity.The Father and I are "1".The Father is "greater"(Fn1) than the Son (Fn2).
The math that follows is simple and infinitely complex simultaneously.The numbers aren't just symbolic they signify reality.Does all this have to be "believed" to receive salvation.Of course not..it can't be believed only received and known.The many cannot know this while they are on the wide path of belief.The many paths of religious salvation all lead to destruction of religion which in one sense does lead to salvation but only indirectly.The wide gate does not lead to resurrection but destruction...death.Then in the next age comes resurrection. Some to honor some to dishonor.

Man has ZERO part of his salvation.Your OWN working out is ALL done by God for HIS purposes.The foolishness of man through the carnal mind of religion cannot know God at all.It is ALL on the wide path.Fortunately for everyone God IS doing it all or none of it would get done.The religious twist the scriptures to justify themselves as being the "only" ones saved by their "method"...their "church"etc...They sit upon the throne of judgement as God..the abomination that makes desolate.This should all be obvious but it isn't.God has caused a strong delusion of religion so they would believe a lie.

Salvation is for all.Resurrection is for all .All caused by and through Yahoshua.THAT is the good news.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The many cannot know this while they are on the wide path of belief.The many paths of religious salvation all lead to destruction of religion which in one sense does lead to salvation but only indirectly.The wide gate does not lead to resurrection but destruction...death.Then in the next age comes resurrection. Some to honor some to dishonor.

The wide path to destruction is sin.

So, in your opinion, what's the difference between what happens to those who are resurrected to honor versus those who are resurrected to dishonor?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The religious twist the scriptures to justify themselves as being the "only" ones saved by their "method"...their "church"etc...They sit upon the throne of judgement as God..the abomination that makes desolate.This should all be obvious but it isn't.God has caused a strong delusion of religion so they would believe a lie.

Does it really matter what anyone thinks? How can anyone but God/Jesus sit upon the throne of judgement? Man isn't capable of truly judging anyone or condemning them to "hell" by his own beliefs or thoughts.

If we're all judged/condemned just by thinking that someone has the wrong belief or is on the wrong path, wouldn't that include you?

Like I said, the wide path to destruction is sin, because all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God, whether in thought, actions or deeds.

So, now I must ask, what is your definition of "honor" versus "dishonor" at the time of resurrection?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

]Does it really matter what anyone thinks? How can anyone but God/Jesus sit upon the throne of judgement? Man isn't capable of truly judging anyone or condemning them to "hell" by his own beliefs or thoughts.If we're all judged/condemned just by thinking that someone has the wrong belief or is on the wrong path, wouldn't that include you?Like I said, the wide path to destruction is sin, because all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God, whether in thought, actions or deeds.So, now I must ask, what is your definition of "honor" versus "dishonor" at the time of resurrection?

I may as well start here!!
Sin leads to death.Sin is missing and falling short of the mark of perfection.All men were born imperfect they aren't unrighteously imperfect because they had sinned.All have "sinned" so ALL will die because the "outcome" of sin(imperfection)is death. HOWEVER there is no a punitive judgment for being born a sinner.No one was born perfect nor can they become perfect in any form. When someone believes that someone else will be meted out the sentence of the eternal punishment of hell for "certain" sins the biggest being not accepting forgiveness that is judging unrighteously.First because they are not his master (God) second because it assumes God will mete out the judgment righteously when it isn't just at all and 3rd because there is no such place or punishment or requirements of salvation it is all the perverted imagination of a carnal religious mind.

I don't unrighteously judge anyone.I know for a fact there is no eternal punishment of hell meted out by God.I judge no one to be sentenced there.I know for a fact God will correct all of us with judgment.There is no judgment in speaking the Truth.Judgment isn't like our judicial system.If that word is taken literally as such Yahoshua contradicts himself.He said I do not come to judge the world but to save it....which is 100% true.He also said the Father does not judge but ALL judgement has been given over to the son...again 100% true.I am not here to give extensive lessons in philology. As I've said many times no one can understand ANYTHING of God unless God reveals it to them.

As for the honor and dishonor.Like I've said words are tenuous at best.There is no way to describe it accurately and fully and I only know what I know which is lacking in many many details.This I do know,The servant who knew his masters will and did not do it will receive many lashes.The servant who did not will receive few.That is allegorical.It is about honor and dishonor.That is just one small aspect of it,Paul and John called it crowns but of course that is not literal either.

Resurrection isn't an event just as salvation is not an event it is a process.It is multifaceted and not one dimensional POOF it's done magic.The lines are not easily drawn. Resurrection is the transformation into birth of spirit in communion with God. Resurrection of honor is "growing" into the good and faithful servant.They aren't fully formed at birth but have been and are being and will be corrected. Resurrection of dishonor is an unfaithful servant that needs much correction.God does everything justly.

Are there basic building blocks for this wide classification ?...yes.Notice even though not speaking dualistically Yahoshua usually divided into two wide camps..sheep, goats..chosen, called etc..Things are not what they seem even though they are clearly stated ins scripture and common sense.Yahoshua showed mercy on man.The lepers,the Samaritan woman, the Roman soldier,the woman at the well the woman caught in fornication the multitudes that had no interest but their own belly and well being....He reserved his harshest words and reprimands to only the religious and still is because they need the most correction.

The facts are the scriptures are the testimony of Yahoshua...God is salvation.As soon as it is believed to be any more then its formed into doctrines of men and will be twisted to fit agendas.I have no agenda.What I say is not to a congregation or to buyers of my books or to convince anyone of anything.I know that is impossible and futile.I am but one voice in the wilderness saying the salvation of God is for everyone and Yahoshua commanded(not demanded) which is a declaration ... repent....CHANGE.He is causing things that aren't to be.

Is there judgment ..of course there is.It is not what man perceives it to be.The religious carnal mind in Man has it all backwards.Repentance/change is the infinite field of salvation that is incomprehensible to the carnal mind....having it transformed is how the repentance comes about.It is an infinite process that cannot be chose only God chooses and changes and delivers.That is salvation.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Sin leads to death.
This is a theory that was supported by the Old Testament, that the threat of death given by The Lord in the Eden story is executed in how people are doomed to die after a certain amount of years of life. Paul used this traditional way of thinking of sin and death that was common with Jews of his time, and refers to it in an analogy about what Jesus did to bring life, through his obedience, compared to the opposite thing with Adam.

Sin is missing and falling short of the mark of perfection.
The word "sin" has its origin, in the Hebrew and Greek of the Bible, in an archery analogy of not hitting the target.
Trying to use a word's origin to determine the definition of the current word, or what was current usage when the Bible was written, is not really very informative or useful in understanding what the biblical writers meant by it.
"Falling short" is something that Paul uses to describe people's general situation concerning the 600+ laws in the Jewish religious system of Paul's day. It was not him defining "sin".
Sin, from Paul's point of view was committing evil, and that was things like hate and murder, and covetousness and adultery and theft, the things that if it was your lifestyle would exclude that person from entering heaven.
"Perfection" in Paul's usage was the concept of telos, which is gaining your goal, which would be to live a life that took others into consideration, as compared to selfishness. It is not used to mean some sort of standard where everything you do is the best thing ever. To be "perfect" in the modern sense of the word, could be thought of for example if you were a musician, and you could play a difficult piece exactly as the composer imagined it being played when he wrote it, which is not something anyone could just instantly pick up and do, but may require years of hard work to get to that point, if ever. Working towards a goal of perfection keeps one from sin, as James said, it is being single minded, and as Paul said, striving towards the mark.

All have "sinned" so ALL will die because the "outcome" of sin(imperfection)is death.
Paul said the "wages of sin is death" where he was making an analogy between what he called "sin" as a way of living as a servant of Sin as if it was a kingdom, and what you can get by living righteously for the kingdom of God, where that kingdom has life to offer as a reward. So Paul was not saying it to mean something like, 'commit a sin, and you die'.
Again, the definition of sin is not 'imperfection', it is committing specific evil acts as a lifestyle.

HOWEVER there is no a punitive judgment for being born a sinner.
According to the analogy that Paul was making in Romans, there is, which is that there is death in the world. The OT way of understanding death is as a result of the sin of our earliest ancestors, where we pay the penalty by dying after a certain point that can be predicted fairly closely, between 70 and around 115 years.

No one was born perfect nor can they become perfect in any form.
According to the biblical "form", not only can you, but we are commanded to.

When someone believes that someone else will be meted out the sentence of the eternal punishment . . .
Obviously we do not judge others, that is God's to do. We can judge other's actions if they are good or bad, in cases where it is plain to see that it goes against God's law of love.

He said I do not come to judge the world but to save it....which is 100% true.He also said the Father does not judge but ALL judgement has been given over to the son...again 100% true.
Then Jesus goes on to say that the Holy Spirit judges those who reject the message, and so the world will be judged.

ALL judgement has been given over to the son . . .
Here Jesus is taking the judgment and resurrection as a single event, and is saying that he himself is the one who will be resurrecting anyone. Your being resurrected or not will be your judgment.

As I've said many times no one can understand ANYTHING of God unless God reveals it to them.
So why do you go to the trouble of posting anything?

The servant who did not will receive few.That is allegorical.
Jesus was talking about the leadership of the Jews and how they would be held accountable for the stewardship entrusted to them of the followers of that religious cult.
edit on 3-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Resurrection isn't an event just as salvation is not an event it is a process.
I don't think that Jesus went through a "process" after he was crucified.

Resurrection is the transformation into birth of spirit in communion with God.
That is a theory that you made up.

....He reserved his harshest words and reprimands to only the religious and still is because they need the most correction.
Because they are the ones who put themselves into positions of responsibility, and mostly to be hypocrites in order to get some sort of earthly gain.

The facts are the scriptures are the testimony of Yahoshua...God is salvation.
That is a name made up by the so-called messianic Jews in order to diminish Jesus, where his real name means "Savior".

As soon as it is believed to be any more then its formed into doctrines of men and will be twisted to fit agendas.
So, you support Judaism, then? When you say "doctrines" what you really mean is the Trinity and that Jesus is one of the three persons of the godhead?
And you think that the only "real" savior is the Old Testament character sometimes called YHWH?

I have no agenda.
I would say that you do, to spread the Jew-made name to replace the Christian "Jesus", and to promote Talmudic Judaism and Kabbalistic mysticism.

What I say is not to a congregation or to buyers of my books . . .
So you do have books for sale that you wrote, then?

I am but one voice in the wilderness saying the salvation of God is for everyone and Yahoshua commanded(not demanded) which is a declaration ...
Which is where this fabricated replacement name for Jesus comes from, where you fist have the agenda, then the tool for it.
Christians believe that Jesus is savior, as the name, Jesus, implies, and why it is hated by the Jews, who think that they alone have the monopoly on salvation.
Christianity has its own "Elijah", who is John the Baptist, who commanded repentance to pave the way of the Lord, who is Jesus.

It is an infinite process that cannot be chose only God chooses and changes and delivers.That is salvation.
Salvation is the action of Jesus, and our participation in it, according to the New Testament, is entering into the the church that Jesus created, by belief, repentance, and baptism.
Jesus was chosen by God to create the church, and we are then "chosen" through Jesus by our choice to enter into that church which is the kingdom of God and our salvation.
edit on 3-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

I don't believe the Bible is a book that only testifies to the fact that Jesus existed and no one was meant to understand it. In fact, the Bible talks about that. The Holy Spirit is needed to decipher it's meaning.

When Jesus said he came to save the world and not judge it, it was because he was here in the flesh to die for our sins. At the time he was here, he did not come to judge. Judgement is reserved for later, after his second coming. The book of Revelation tells us that he will return to judge and make war.

You may believe it's all metaphorical and an infinite process, but I do not. I believe a time will come when physical birth and death as humans will be done away with forever and replaced with an eternal life in a newly created "incorruptible (heavenly) body" to live in a place that Jesus has prepared for that body, which will never decay (like he said he would). God said that he would not deal with man (in his human state) forever. He will put an end to it altogether.

As for repentance, there is no metaphorical meaning behind it either. We're either sorry or remorseful for the sins we commit in our lives, or we're not. What happens after that is up to God.

It bothers me a little that you use the word "religious" as a substitute for referring to the Pharisees and Sadducees in the Bible and then place ALL religion in that same category. Not ALL religions promote traditions and practices above personal relationships and communion with God. Only the "evildoers" and the wolves in sheep's clothing do that. By the way, having religion does not make you evil. Like anything else, it's all in what you do with it that makes it good or evil. I have a tendency to agree with JMDewey that your theories sound like they come from a mystical nature, and possibly a Jewish one.

I will agree with you that everything is all a part of God's overall plan, regardless of what we believe at any one given moment. If our views and beliefs are meant to change, they will.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

When Jesus said he came to save the world and not judge it, it was because he was here in the flesh to die for our sins. At the time he was here, he did not come to judge. Judgement is reserved for later, after his second coming. The book of Revelation tells us that he will return to judge and make war.

It is the mind that judges. Judge and thou shall be judged. Only when the judgement stops or is recognized to be happening within you and seen to be a false judgement will your sinning end.

As for repentance, there is no metaphorical meaning behind it either. We're either sorry or remorseful for the sins we commit in our lives, or we're not. What happens after that is up to God.

If you are forever looking at your past and judging yourself you are suffering. Repentance means to come to this moment and be cleansed of your sins. Only when you come to this moment and die to all past and all future will you know peace and contentment. You will see that all that arises in presence is unconditional love.

If our views and beliefs are meant to change, they will.

If you leave all beliefs behind and actually view what is actually happening you will know the kingdom of God.
But the mind shows you what isn't and the mind can make believe any thing.

Any 'thing' is a concept. Concepts are words and ideas and beliefs. This moment is non conceptual and concepts arise and subside within it.
You are the space in which all is arising and subsiding - you are presence.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282

Sin leads to death.

Believing you can die means you are living in sin. You have not realized what you are so have missed the mark. Not realizing what you are and believing you live over time - you are born and then you will die - makes you fearful and this fear makes you needy and greedy, always wanting more - never satisfied.

Sin is missing and falling short of the mark of perfection.All men were born imperfect they aren't unrighteously imperfect because they had sinned.All have "sinned" so ALL will die because the "outcome" of sin(imperfection)is death.

You believe you are a man that has sinned - you believe you are bad and need to be good otherwise you will be punished. Do you not see how crazy this is?
You are the judge, the jury and the condemned man. You do it to yourself but how many are you?

Is there judgment ..of course there is.It is not what man perceives it to be.

It is impossible for man to just see and hear what is happening - man is mind, man is thoughts that are concerned with next and before - man is looking for security - man is judging and measuring to make sure he does not lose because man is fear of not being.
If one could just see and hear (Jesus tried to teach the deaf to hear and the blind to see) then one would realize that this is heaven. However - if one goes and listens to and believes the mind then one will suffer from the delusions.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sorry, unlike you, I don't subscribe to the "nothingness" theory.

I believe in a reality where words really exist and the dictionary has defined their true meaning in a way they were meant to me known by all mankind, while not making up their meanings for myself as I go along.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sorry, unlike you, I don't subscribe to the "nothingness" theory.

I believe in a reality where words really exist and the dictionary has defined their true meaning in a way they were meant to me known by all mankind, while not making up their meanings for myself as I go along.

Nothingness is not a theory. Nothingness is everythingness - it is the father and the son. It is being all there is.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join