It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Destroy $22,000 Community Basketball Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Sounds like a really fun park for the kids to play at...... Might as well play on the front lawn rather than go to the park.

My town, once the park put up a court, and a roller hockey rink, it kept more kids from being yelled at by the cops for hanging out other places. The cops still yelled at and made us "disperse" when we were groups large enough to make them uncomfortable though. So we just got rid of the whole police force, problem solved lol
edit on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:40:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

So i am not to sure what you are getting at here Boncho. Yes, perhaps it was excessive that the police drove a police car onto the court, but it doesnt appear that they are denying their actions and are willing to make an effort to rectify the mistake.

Not to divert attention away from the event you have highlighted Boncho, but a really interesting story involving the police were the police raids on a small community to crack down on gangs. This also relates to the mayor Ford scandal as well. That event had many people upset at the police.

The MLSE donated the court. It's a $22,000 court. Not because it was blacktop. Blacktop I highly doubt is as good as what was put down originally.

MLSE could have laid that down a lot cheaper no? But given that they own the Toronto Raptors, I'm guessing they know something about courts.

So unless you can prove blacktop is better, I stand by my position, because I don't see that as a restoration.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
good photo.. I'm more interested in the throwies on the wall. one on the right is Sirius

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Why is it police vandalism and not a accident involving the police.

Maybe if the court jumped out in front of them it could be classed as an "accident."

Where exactly does the article mention that this was an intentional act intended to destroy the court? Oh right it doesnt. It states that during the pursuit the car ends up crossing the court.

I believe you are just being argumentative now...

Vandalism would imply an intentional act of destruction.. I can imagine it now, the cops in pursuit of their suspect all of a sudden see the basketball court and think "HEY! lets screw up that basketball court."

Get real. Again, I dont know how things are done were you come from, but not everything here is an intentional act of hate...

edit on 19-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Oddly enough that excuse does not hold up in any courtroom with a case based on criminal negligence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cop basher, and I have posted pro threads the same as I post negative ones concerning police. In this case, the ends do not justify the means and unless they get the exact same court back, change procedure, reprimand the officer(s) involved, I probably wouldn't think enough was done.

Just as I don't think enough is done if someone mistreats a cop for no reason other than general disdain for them. This case is the definition of unfairness, and negligence.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The police department needs to foot the bill to fix it then. I wouldnt be pissed if it happened, I would be pissed if they didnt fix what they wrecked.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Yes, perhaps it was excessive that the police drove a police car onto the court, but it doesnt appear that they are denying their actions and are willing to make an effort to rectify the mistake.

With tax payer dollars.

Unless the cops are paying out of their own pockets to fix the damage all the repairs are coming as extra expenses to the tax payers.

I just wrecked your car but it's cool because I'll buy you a new one with your own money.

I completely agree..

However, although this is the result of actions taken by the Police I would much rather my tax money went to repair a basketball court for a bunch of kids than for a tank or a jet.

That's my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

My father knows people in the DEA.....pretty up there...

They say the only reason why we can't legalize coc aine for example and pull the financial rug out from billion dollar cartels is because we can't grow the coca plant and so production would still be in south america. the last thing they want to do is give south america such a strong product commercially without the legal restrictions it
currently has now. Usually Bolivia or some other place grows the coca plant and it is processed in colombia and sent out.

the model the US government would prefer is growth and production here and exportation abroad. National consumption to be highly regulated and taxed and exports to be cheap and global.

if production could be controlled and taxed then it would be legal. The government knows it can't exterminate drug use, nor does it want to. There is WAY TOO MUCH money for them even now in its current illegal state.

Imagine a taxable product?

The DEA also has one of the largest budgets they say due to seizures of many billion of dollars a year in cash and assets.

The people my dad knows have very expensive cars and fantastic salaries, benefits, and perks.....so

its a business for all really.....what is one park or all of them to these people compared to that........

edit on 25-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join