It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archeologists Suspect Vampire Burial; An Undead Primer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Here we go ATS. I have searched and found nothing about this has been posted.
Mods feel free to move this in case it has been posted in the wrong forum.

I have always wondered that Creatures like this might have existed. But in hand I haven't had any proof to either prove it or disprove it. But this news has made me to raise my eyebrows. This news is 3 days old and while posting I thought better late than never.

We have heard and been hearing lots of tales and stories about vampires and what they do. This vampire burial site has been found in Poland and I am not sure on what basis Archeologists Suspect it could be vampire burial ground.

The skull of the "Vampire of Venice" was found in a mass grave with a brick stuck in its jaw.

When archaeologists opened an ancient grave at a highway construction site near Gliwice, Poland, they came across a scene from a horror movie: a suspected vampire burial.

The practice of decapitating the bodies of suspected vampires before burial was common in Slavic countries during the early Christian era, when pagan beliefs were still widespread.

There's no consensus yet on when the bodies found in Poland were buried. According to Jacek Pierzak, one of the archaeologists on the site, the skeletons were found with no jewelry, belt buckles, buttons or any other artifacts that might assist in providing a burial date.

Source
edit on 19-7-2013 by AncietSoul because:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AncietSoul

It's is amazing that such a barbaric species (humans) have survived this long. If you look back over history, people were stupid then, and we are stupid now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Forgive me for my ignorance but I thought that Bram Stoker was the first to write about vampires in the UK ; the Impaler was Vlad who hung people by a post coming up through their bodies and missing every organ which meant one hung there for some time alive. When the blood sucking came in I am not sure. Was it linked to the general leaching. I would be interested in the real history of 'vampirism'.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
People are totally taking this the wrong way.

Cannibalism and outright killing was far more commonplace in the past than people think.

Call them vampires to pretend it's all a fantasy if you like, but it's actually the real human history of cannibalism (if these are really "guilty" that is).

If it really happened as they allude to, than it is understandable that people would have put the cannibal to death.
Is it not?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AncietSoul

i really dont want to be that person, but,
posted already HERE

although the op there has linked to a different source.
interesting story

new topics

top topics

join