It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't want to BUY or RENT, then whats' the best way to live???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I'm not stalking you I promise. read thread because of title and then your picture. Have have you considered actually getting a job as one of the park rangers housing provided. or maybe as a manager of one of the live in storage facilities there's also apartment managers I believe get free apartments too.

someone else beat me to the punch over the answer of living in a park.

there's always the military is well you could be a chaplain probably...
:
forgive my post I'm on my phone with voice command.

I however have the feeling that none of my answers are more in the air you're looking for. the only other option is river boat thing but it sounds like you want something to wear if you don't have to pay money out you're not taxed and you don't have to deal with that monthly garbage with everything up key.there's always missionary work. but on the downside I think they have to do a lot of collection items for money to help pay for the trips over there

it is interesting question no because you're trying to avoid having to spend money keep some kind of place to stay in...

other than the Peace Corps the only thing I can think of is becoming a survivalist trainer and spending most of your time out in the wilderness paid to take other people out into the wilderness and he's going to survive

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I know cardboard gets used a lot. But, not where I live.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

If you don't want to BUY or RENT, then whats' the best way to live???,

I have tried a few different methods. I tore the back seat out of my Civic, put in a flat piece of ply wood and a foam pad and lived in my car for most of a year. During that time I found a wealthy GF and lived with her and fixed up her place in exchange for rent.

Took out an ad on Craigslist and found a gig as a caretaker at a private school and lived in a cottage on campus rent free. Also house sat for a wealthy couple while they were in Europe for 5months and took care of their animals and garden.

But my favorite time was when I lived in my car and traveled around the US, busking [playing guitar on the street] in large cities for money.

Even though currently I own my home; I still take off on extended fishing trips and live in my camper on my truck in campgrounds or park in hospital parking lots.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

you need a house sitter when you are away on your travels

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Woods not too far from a lake or stream. I have given it a ton of thought too. I started making a list years ago, because of bills and I was just sick of it. Then I started to buy books. Few years after that, Im planning to get married. So if that falls apart, I would choose a place heavy on prey, light on preditors. Hard to find though.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I challenge myself with experimenting with how little I can participate in the BS, I'm not even online as far as in a criminal records or address search, the secret to being invisible is to feed your "profile" nothing.
I have a driver's license, but I'm careful not to make mistakes, my SS, well anyway....It isn't that hard to be invisible if you worry about needs more than wants, most people don't really know the difference.

The fact that I am doing nothing wrong does not mean I have any information to share with anyone, anyone who asks too many questions about certain things are to be avoided, it really works out to equal sharing of info, as in what one should share in return for another's sharing, verifiable of course.
I wander off topic occasionally, but then it isn't so off topic is it?, how bout neither buy nor rent?.
Live your own life on your own terms, don't enter into agreements you may regret later, trust your instincts if you can find them again...They're there.

edit on 22-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: bla

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I lived in a van for a couple of summers, going to the campground to shower for a buck or to the college to swim and shower or sauna in the morning before going to work. I stayed with friends for one winter and stayed in a fifth wheel camper the second winter. It was fun but got a little old after a while. Home is where you are, it is not an apartment or house. People need to understand that what we think we need is far from what we really need.

When you are older it is different, you have collected all the stuff that has been in your family for generations and that needs to be watched after. It also reminds you that the most important things your ancestors had were nearly worthless to most but priceless to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Memories and family traditions are priceless.

These are the exact things that are being taken from nearly everyone.

Unless of course one is a member of the "upper class", cuz the middle class where I used to live is pretty much GONE.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
spectator.org...money.howstuffworks.com... www.libertyzone.com...

I do consider myself mildly retarded, but I can still see something amiss here even though...
edit on 22-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

edit on 22-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)
There is currently no text in the page.....
edit on 22-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...
Ha Ha Ha Ha....
edit on 24-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: wrong img

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think I'd just buy a camper van and live out of that. Like if you're willing to spend even 10k you could get something half decent. Then what I'd do is just travel to the coast. And from there likely get a boat and find a small island to end up at. And just build a small cabin there. Like probably something no bigger than 12x8. Just very small so it can't easily be found. then just live between the cabin, and the van. That way all you pay for is gas for your van and propane. It would be a very affordable, yet very free, and fun way to live. For food, just beach comb, hunt, trap, fish, plus have a small supply of canned goods. I'm pretty sure one day if I don't have anything or anyone holding me back I'd probably just go do that.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Has squatting been mentioned, a big fave with anti-social/anarchists earlier? Not saying you are one of these but just a suggestion.

Find a big empty house, invite some other fellow strugglers, aquire a generator and spruce it up a little

Running water possibly one of many problems.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Fort Fisher Hermit? A gentleman that lived in an abandoned sea coast bunker from WWI along NC Coast for a couple of decades...1950s into the 1970s. lived off the sea and what he found.

Or, as stated, you could homestead. That is almost what I am doing, but if you are not used to hard work on a daily and all weather basis... it is difficult.

No matter what you do, at some point money and sanitation will be concerns.

I guess it is how my belief system was formed over the years, but living off others just seems wrong to me... a character thing. If you want to be independent... be independent all the way. No parent's basement, no rich girl or boy friends, no squatting on people's property...

Be true to yourself and others and you will find happiness.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Buying an RV is a tricky endevour, many are very low quality with very low quality appliances, power distribution systems misrouted and dysfunctional when new, fuel and gas systems are not easy to maintain and dangerous. A lot of times a used one will have a bunch of cobble-job repairs done to it that have to be redone right before you can even safely use it, on top of the manufacturing and assembly shortcomings

I used to be an RV technician at a dealership, and know that if you buy one you NEED a manual for the chassis the RV was built onto, and a manual for the RV coach and all of it's separate appliances and systems.

Buying an RV isn't a good idea unless you have the tools the manuals and the knowhow to do your own repairs.
If you don't you will pay a lot of money to have someone else fix it for you. Most RV repair shops and dealerships have around $100 an hour shop fee with an hour minimum, which means you pay $100 to have anything done.

And most times you end up at a truckstop if there are no RV repair places around, which is at least as pricey.

I have one for sale for $1000 bucks, but to drive it you have to do about three times that amount of repair to it, they are garbage.

edit on 25-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: addendum

edit on 25-7-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: addendumb

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you want to live in a van hassle free, get a nice large commercial looking one. Have some sort of logo on the side that says something like. "Small jobs van no job to small etc"Get a few basic tools and do the inside up with camping stuff bed TV etc. For light put a skylight in. I had an old Bedford many years ago, and parked up without any trouble. Plus you get people asking you to do jobs like cleaning the guttering etc. A Cell phone with pay as you go would be a good idea as well. My small tv ran off the vehicle battery, and would go for three weeks parked up.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This fine little rig worked for a couple of months in 2011.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
At the Georgia Guidestones, we even were allowed to camp there over night.
I have never had so much fun as being on the road on a bicycle for months, I can't seem to come back still.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

hmmm good to know, they're too hard on gas anyway

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Oddly enough, that's actually a super good idea. It blends in with any surroundings so you'd avoid a lot of hassle, plus you might pick up the odd job from time to time.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

I'd get all of 10 blocks with that before being exhausted!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join