It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know where I can find this television footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hi. I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this here. But I am not allowed to post a new thread in the 9/11 forum yet and I have what I feel is an important question about 9/11.

For the past few days, I have been looking on Youtube for news footage from the morning of September 11 2001. Not just the footage that starts around the same time as the attacks. I am looking for footage that starts at (say) 5 AM. I think it would be interesting to see the types of things they were reporting on and talking about just before this critical moment in our history.

I can't seem to find this anywhere. Pretty much everything I can find starts around 8:30 AM.

It would also be interesting to find news coverage for the days preceding 9/11/01. I am clearly not the world's most talented researcher. I'm sure someone must have thought of this before but I am probably just looking in all the wrong places.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Good thinking bat man

But you'd need other days too, so that you can compare them. Have you tried the BBC, they were reporting on it too!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You might get some leads from here to take you elsewhere,
en.wikipedia.org...

Among it is also programmes or films being made that were cancelled because of the attacks where the source material was the WTC itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
You might get some leads from here to take you elsewhere,
en.wikipedia.org...

Among it is also programmes or films being made that were cancelled because of the attacks where the source material was the WTC itself.

I had not seen this before. This looks like it will be helpful. Have not read enough of it to know if it will lead me to what I'm looking for, though.

Still hoping someone has exactly what I was looking for.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

If you want a good perspective of how the situation unfolded, listen to Howard Stern's live broadcast for that morning.

My son did a report on 9/11, last year. Of all the online videos, press releases, and other resources; he seemed to learn more about the feelings of the day from the Howard Stern show. While I would normally not allow my teenage son to listen to the H.S. show, I thought the broadcast would give him a sense of being there live. It worked, as he seemed to relate to the events and the horror of that day and was better able to understand the way the tragedy unfolded; like, how it was first thought to be a single passenger plane that hit the building, and etc.

Start at the beginning, with the first of five parts.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by BrianFlanders

If you want a good perspective of how the situation unfolded, listen to Howard Stern's live broadcast for that morning.

Funny enough, I'd just found and listened to this a few hours before you posted this.

Unfortunately, I've never been a big fan of Stern. I found it kind of interesting how he immediately snapped to comparing it to Pearl Harbor. That's a bit odd. That's certainly not what was going on in my head that morning. I really didn't know what to think.

new topics

top topics

join