It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If money was no object what would you go do in life???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Whats a rims?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If money was no object. Well... Let's see.... I'm a simple guy with simple ideas so I'll just choose 3 things.

#1. I'd have men walking the lunar surface again within 5 years, Mars by 10 and living in both places inside 20.

#2. 100% Free tuition and living costs for PhD level education (Or cash value) to the team that develops truly viable consumer level solar or other alternative power generation choices on the single family home level of scale. Open to University team or others qualified for a serious try!

#3. I'd forgive International debt in a one time do-over by simply buying and burning it all, since money in my world is no object. What's a few dozen trillion? One Exception. I'd hold and call the debt for the United States. Since the U.S. cannot possibly pay even the few trillion of foreign debt? I'll take the White House in fair trade, so I can legally EVICT the current resident.
(A bunny must have his priorities)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

What is it with everyone saying "I would get ... for ME ..."?

UNLIMITED Money? and you guys are going to be selfish? even if as some claim they'd live modestly?
NOT using unlimited Money would in and of itself be selfish. Just let it sit there? No one else benefits?
You could change the world. You could change the entire direction of the History of mankind forever ... and you guys are just going to sit there?

Is there any altruism?
It's unlimited money. It never ever runs out.

It isn't "unlimited money".. Its "money is no object". Somewhat different statement.

But it doesn't change your sentiment.

But for me, logically, if there was "unlimited money" it would have the same value as other unlimited items. Such as dirt.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Lysergic

Whats a rims?

Rims, like a wheel.

Grill, like the things you put on your teeth to make them gold, or whatever it is that Mike Jones has been doing with his. Think Flava Flav

And to that I would add, "Wheres the Old E?"

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

What is it with everyone saying "I would get ... for ME ..."?

UNLIMITED Money? and you guys are going to be selfish? even if as some claim they'd live modestly?
NOT using unlimited Money would in and of itself be selfish. Just let it sit there? No one else benefits?
You could change the world. You could change the entire direction of the History of mankind forever ... and you guys are just going to sit there?

Is there any altruism?
It's unlimited money. It never ever runs out.

I said for starters, Then after I got settled in I could hire you to do the rest...What ever that might be...

I would then go out on my boat and fish.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ah like a pirate I get it now...me Nan used to have gold teeth

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

People tend to default to self interest first and altruistic endeavors second. Have no fear though, you aren't the only one with altruistic nudges. My answer was because I've been faced with the prospect of possibly having a lot of money at my disposal someday (not holding my breath on it though) so my answer was actually based on what I would really do if that possibility becomes a reality. I'm simply not the type of person that can run out and buy a pair of Christian Louboutin heels and a Kate Spade handbag (hell, I don't wear heels or carry a purse lol). I fully plan on using at least 80% of what I may actually receive someday for charitable purpose. I'm not saying that to toot my own horn. I'm telling you this so that some of your faith in humanity can be restored. The house and car? That's to lower my footprint. The only "excess" thing I listed really was the travel part but that's because I love traveling and think it's incredibly important to see the world.

You know what I also thought would be a cool idea to do? Solar/hybrid combinations for low income home owners. Electricity bills are crippling people and, although there are charities that work to help those in need to help pay theirs, it's still kind of a band aid and not entirely reliable. However, imagine if they had something on their homes that would not only generate their own electricity but could also bring them a few extra bucks each month. I always thought that such a program would bring a world of difference not just to energy issues but to people's lives. It's a pity that nobody does it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join