It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If money was no object what would you go do in life???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Buy a ranch outside Fredericksburg, TX.

Maybe pick up a brush and pallete

Maybe open a restaurant. Serve only supper or something.

Buy a bunch of chickens

Clear the county i move to of hogs.
I love hog hunting.

ETA:

Ok, rereading that....I totally understand if you walk away wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

edit on 19-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe pick up a brush and pallete

Maybe open a restaurant. Serve only supper or something.

Buy a bunch of chickens

Clear the county i move to of hogs.
I love hog hunting.

ETA:

Ok, rereading that....I totally understand if you walk away wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

edit on 19-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

I will join you for the hog hunting BFFT!

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'd buy one of these deluxe mansions..

edit on 19-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Well, i have a couple spare Remington 700's you can choose from.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Well, i have a couple spare Remington 700's you can choose from.

Thanks for the offer but i will bring along my French Verney Carron... can hit a stag from 250 meters with that pea shooter

But if i am not allowed across the border i will take you up on that!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Unlimited Money = I "buy" the entire planet, and phase out current regional/national governments in favor of Global Hegemonic oversight of Altruistic Meritocratic nation states until technological singularity realizes practical AI where global management is then transitioned into cooperative global and later Solar System-wide management.

Unlimited money = an end to poverty on the entire planet.

Unlimited money = Permanent Moon bases, Permanent Mars colony, habitats in the belt, and beyond.

Unlimited money = unlimited resources dumped into cracking FTL/interstellar travel, and many other physics and science problems.

Unlimited money = Transhumanism via biological and/or mechanical/artificial augmentation.

All of this is projected achievable within and/or less than 50 years ... if I had control over Unlimited money.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would make a list but it would likley break a load of T&C

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Depends if my kids are older yet or still young when money became no option for us. I suspect they'd like to live comfortably in a great big home somewhere in the USA.

I'd buy a sailboat and a little house in Manaus. Take turns traveling down the Amazon and relaxing at home when the need for land took over.

I'd but a lot of antique books, furniture, items from history etc....

Would love a garage full of antique cars as well.

I

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd buy everyone a cheeseburger. Yep, National Cheeseburger Day. We could drop them from the sky, hand them out of trucks...use all those DHS tanks and SUV's we have to deliver a delicious cheeseburger to every man, woman, and child in America. If you're vegan...well, I guess we can have some veggie burgers or something too.

"Today, everyone eats on me!"

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would set about building new industry in the UK as it has been all but destroyed I would sponsor or envisage and fund Christian based education the building of new churches and real proper Christian hospitals (after all they are a Christian invention which is why nurse were called sister) were any one was welcome but the treatment would be ethical and to the very highest standard (if money was no object) I would buy the politicians of the west and kick the Bilderbergers in the nuts so hard they would be weeing out of there mouth and bankrupt them so they would know what it was like not to know were there next mouthful was coming from or if they would find shelter without being moved on, I would smash the power of the corporations and allow small business free reign with legislation anchored (after buying the politicians) to keep corporations to a maximum size that would prevent world domination and thus spread wealth more evenly and reward individuals hard work.
I would overhaul the education system to put the future of the pupil back as the only real agenda and reward good teachers with annual performance bonus's (not too big but to drive good teaching standards) and remove consistently poor teachers from the schools with the option to retrain and try again up to 3 times and no more.
I would invest in research for clean and ethical energy production and more efficient non GM food production as well as ecological protection and more efficient laws and legal systems for the protection of the public and there rights.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'd build a small modest home green tech with a centralized garden (think Roman villa) and a hybrid. Only other thing I'd be likely to do for myself would be to rent a villa somewhere outside of the country for a month every summer and invite friends and decent family members to stay. I would also set up grants for small business very low interest loans so that little people with big ideas could get a chance in an effort to help the US economy.

I'd also donate a great deal with small limitations to improve schools, including bringing back language and the arts teachers that have been losing their jobs over the last few years. My son's favorite teacher lost his job a year ago due to budget cutbacks and he was a great teacher. Our children's education assures our future.

I'd also establish homeless shelters because I know that there is still an extremely high homeless population and make sure that adequate medical care was inclusive to keep it from becoming a contagion central (part of the reason why some homeless prefer to sleep on the streets).

And then for kicks, I'd send my friends and family out to ride on the mass transit and look for good people worn out by the world. Once they'd make their pick, they would hand the individual an envelope with $13k cash and a note to say "Please have a good day.
" in it ($13k is max limit for non-taxable gift so they wouldn't have to report it in on their taxes legally). I don't know how many times I've seen people so worn out by life on mass transit. Lots of good people that would so love a windfall now and then. Just have to be sneaky about it to avoid getting outed, hee hee.

Those are the major things I would do.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would have my ideal eco, self sustaining, self energising house, built, decorated and furnished to my exact specifications, with attention to every detail. This will be somewhere where the climate, ecology and surroundings are perfect for beautiful harmonious living, with awesome gardens and art studios.

From there, I am managing my empire of real, ethical agriculture, food, restaurants, sustainable living, schools, and ethical businesses that will revolutionise humanities use of the environment and how it's citizens are treated and behave.

I will travel the world in my own highest spec planes, boats, vehicles, spending time in the most beautiful places on Earth, taking photos, drawing, painting and enjoying beautiful moments there.

And probably lots of other things too!
edit on 19-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Probably just get a jet, fly a ton of places and eat really nice food all over the world.
Maybe start a tv show,
or wait...thats already been done? ha

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

my god, I love fredericksberg. I used to live in Boerne!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Currently, lakefront property at Lake Tahoe is at an all time premium. Listings on lakefront properties run from $750,000 for a lake view condo to over $40,000,000 for a family compound at Incline Village.

I'd head to Tahoe for starters.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What is it with everyone saying "I would get ... for ME ..."?

UNLIMITED Money? and you guys are going to be selfish? even if as some claim they'd live modestly?
NOT using unlimited Money would in and of itself be selfish. Just let it sit there? No one else benefits?
You could change the world. You could change the entire direction of the History of mankind forever ... and you guys are just going to sit there?

Is there any altruism?
It's unlimited money. It never ever runs out.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

What is it with everyone saying "I would get ... for ME ..."?

You mean to tell me....this is a serious thread where i should conform with the socially accepted attitude of "save the world".
Well in the case i would open up my personal "Federal reserve" to the public to take whatever they needed. I think that would be more fun rather than trying to use the money to control things the way that i thought best.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Hell yeah!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Rims and grills for the whole planet.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Turkey for everyone