It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird thing just happened to me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Has anyone ever had a weird, creepy thing like this happen to them while alone or with someone else?

All the time NB! Consistently since early childhood, sometimes witnessed by others and sometimes not. I've just grown used to such things over such a long period of time. My husband calls me "The Weird Magnet" because strange things happen around me frequently.

Welcome to the "Weird Magnet" club!
Remain calm at all times but be prepared for anything!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I've got a dream catcher hanging above my bed, with little wind-chimes as tassels. During the summer, at night, the chimes clink at random times (I've tried to work out an interval, but have had no luck).

It doesn't happen any time other than the hottest summer days (we're currently in the 90's here for the next week or so). I suspect it has something to do with the heat, or humidity, but I really don't know.

I have no explanation for your own experiences either, but, felt like letting you know that odd movement of objects isn't necessarily uncommon.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Okay - I have to ask: What is the Hawaii connection, NB? You seemed freaked out with the reference.....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
Okay - I have to ask: What is the Hawaii connection, NB? You seemed freaked out with the reference.....

Yes, I know it's intriguing and I love a good mystery as well. Pretty much my whole family just happened to land in Hawaii yesterday. That member also said something was watching me. I had a similar paranormal experience of something or someone "watching me" at a time when I was alone. It was the impetus to my harrowing cancer diagnosis.

I guess him making that reference in combination with that "watching me" statement just triggered a bad memory and hit me right in the fear center. The irrationality of the moment got the best of me.

..but since that particular member isn't owning up to his statement, and isn't even saying why he made that reference.. I just have to assume it was a harmless coincidence.

edit on 19-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Because usually People who a major disbelievers Never see anything interesting in their life. They go on to preach about such non existance till one day that non existance finds its way into your life.

you try to explain to others what you saw but now your so called allies become enemies. A little taste of your own poison.

So why do these things happen when you are alone? Simply to drive you mad because no one else will believe you. Exactly how we feel. Only i have whitnesses and have weird things happen around me with other people because iv always been open about it. So i don't get punished. Can't say that everyone else lives the same life as me tho. You nobodys have abosultely nothing going on, and when it finally does. You come running the very people you call crazy, yet. No one will believe you.

The hillarity of the irony is what makes aliens and spirits troll the mundaine.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by itsallmaya

Yes, I know it's intriguing and I love a good mystery as well. Pretty much my whole family just happened to land in Hawaii yesterday. That member also said something was watching me. I had a similar paranormal experience of something or someone "watching me" at a time when I was alone. It was the impetus to my harrowing cancer diagnosis.

I guess him making that reference in combination with that "watching me" statement just triggered a bad memory and hit me right in the fear center. The irrationality of the moment got the best of me.

..but since that particular member isn't owning up to his statement, and isn't even saying why he made that reference.. I just have to assume it was a harmless coincidence.

----
sometimes I like to throw out a word that's connected to my present situation, like where I live or what I've been doing and sometimes just completely random, you'll be surprised that if you can connect with that word in anyway, then maybe you should listen up, if not then oh well, its nothing really, but I usually get a lot of results back. Kind of eerie if you ask me, but it happens a lot for me to keep doing it.
----
I'm guessing you never came back to check out your thread on the issue. I posted this on page one of your thread.
Understand that the universe works in such mysterious ways, it encompasses us, obviously I felt the need to throw out a couple of references that triggered a moment with you, why and how, I don't know, but its mainly based off impulse, like a good guess or perhaps prediction.
I saw your topic, gave you the benefit of the doubt, told you what's up based off my own experience, while doing so through impulse decided to throw out the Hawaii jib and paranormal response. You also responded in likeness that we are like minded. So is it so far fetched that perhaps this is coincidence? or could it really mean something? Is this chance that I fell upon your thread while on a 24hr CQ shift, sitting in a building with no internet connections and bad cell phone reception, but just happened by chance to "Tether" my phone and managed one bar at 4G and was able to log onto ATS and like a magnet, fell right into your thread?
Deny ignorance, yes, but don't deny the connections. I was meant to see your thread and I was meant to respond to your thread. Take it how you want, but it did garner such a reaction that you were literally spooked.
I stand by my response and do urge you to take precautions on your surroundings and continue to question and remain vigilant. Fight the good fight bruh.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I don't understand your stance. I'm not an unbeliever in the paranormal, metaphysical, or supernatural.

I never laughed at anybody for having these beliefs, and I never called anyone crazy for it either. I always give others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these kinds of experiences; because, how can I possibly tell someone else what they saw or didn't see?

I can only vouch for my own personal experiences, and I wouldn't presume to tell someone else that what they saw wasn't real.

I think you have me painted all wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Okay, you're right that it was an auspicious reference that you made.

But you still didn't say whether you actually lived there or not. So, I guess you're saying that you just made the reference so it would make me more vigilant.

Alright, fair enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

For the record, I do live in hawaii, 3yr tour which is coming to a close, back to TX.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Either a ghost or an alien. Heres what you should do, try taking some of my attention, and see if that helps.
Good luck!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Quantum things are supposed to allow for extremely extremely extremely impossible things like walking through walls or falling up rather than down. Apparently, it's so rare that it'll probably never happen. However, if it DID happen to someone, what if you couldn't prove it to others?

You'd have to think you're crazy unless you had strong evidence.
edit on 21-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i believe ya, narc..

'coz pretty much the same thing happened to me many years ago.. and one of my friends SAW it also.. we were in the front yard and both happened to glance up at my bedroom window.. i had a pull-down blind at the time (i was about 18 y.o at the time, no longer living in that house)

we both saw *something* push the blind back, as though it was trying to conceal itself..

i RAN up into my room.. and NOONE was there.. i would've passed anyone on the way in, or the stairs up to my room, i also looked in my dads room expecting him to be the culprit.. noone was in the house..

..that's some pretty interesting "wind", nyah?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I did'nt have exactly thatt but I had a pitchblack figure made out of swirling black fog materialise out of what looked like a whirlwind in the far corner of my room.And other stuff.Also a weird thing with birds today,very Hitchock/for shamanic meaning,depending how you look at it.Your thing sounds creepy,glad I did'nt have that too,that would've freaked the bejeezus outa me:-D

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, If you want to get freaked out go see the movie The Conjuring. A couple of scenes from the movie sound like what you're experiencing. And you could take a few tips from the movie too. Bells on your doorknobs. Motion sensitive cameras and such to see if there is something to this.

Of course the scary thing might be is if you caught something.

clap clap.
edit on 21-7-2013 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I’ve noticed a few odd aberrations in my lifetime like this, almost exclusively when I’m alone or by myself. Why do these weird things happen more when we’re alone?

Because when you are alone, with no one around but you, you can give whatever it is your undivided attention and not be clogged up with other peoples mental and emotional noises.

Or...it is something that wants to generate fear, and feed off of it, and when you are alone, it is easier to do.

I don't get many things that move stuff, although once and a while something will disappear and reappear in another spot. For me it seems to happen more when I am with other people though, not so much when I am alone, maybe because I shut myself down and don't concentrate on the spirit world when I am alone most of the time unless I am meditating.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I had a similar experience many years ago, an oval shaped black and gray whirling mass with garbled voices that came out of it. It appeared right in front of me though, and as soon as it did, I got spooked and closed my eyes, shook my head and when I opened them back up, it was gone. I got out of meditation for a long time after that because I figured I was taking much bigger steps than I wanted to.

I always wondered what that was or who that was though.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

OP,

Either its a draught

Or.......

Narnia

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
I’ve noticed a few odd aberrations in my lifetime like this, almost exclusively when I’m alone or by myself. Why do these weird things happen more when we’re alone?

Has anyone ever had a weird, creepy thing like this happen to them while alone or with someone else?

To answe the 1st question quoted above. It happens more so when we are alone because we are more in tune with our surroundings as there is no one yapping in our ear distracting us from our surrounding.

I have had my fair share of weird happenings. From being "saved" by a beaver (kind of alone), to predicitng an accident just moments from it happening (more than twice) to having something mimic the sounds and actions just created to creepy things like you posted above.

Some people recognize these things some don't. Some can sense when there is something wrong or different and others can't. That is why you have two camps. They both have their truths and neither are wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

One of my co workers just watched that movie the other night, against my advice, as we are going to be headed to a well documented haunted place in a few weeks and I didn't want him to be influenced by watching such a movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join