It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird thing just happened to me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I just went downstairs to get a beverage and then returned to my bedroom. As I walked through the slightly opened doorway, I saw my closet curtain…deflate? (my closet is concealed with some curtains and a rod.)

It appeared as if something was behind it, or perhaps some air pressure, and then it just instantly dissipated when I walked in the room. I was just able to gleam it moving back into position as I closed the door behind me.

I was a little creeped out, but then tried to figure out what could cause the curtain to bulge in such a manner and then move back the way it should be.

I looked inside the closet, moving the curtain aside to see if anything fell—nothing out of place. Then I tried opening and closing my door a couple of times to see if it created some kind of wind current. No luck.

I checked the vents and window to make sure there wasn’t a draft coming through the room. Not that I’ve ever had a problem with this, but I was at a loss to explain what I just saw and was trying to check all possibilities.

I could not recreate the movement of the curtain at all.

I was just about to lie down, relax, and listen to some music, but frankly I’m a little creeped out right now!

I’ve noticed a few odd aberrations in my lifetime like this, almost exclusively when I’m alone or by myself. Why do these weird things happen more when we’re alone?

I expect one camp of posters to say that it’s just my imagination getting the best of me. Even so, why do our imaginations run wild and fearful when we’re alone?

I know what I saw. Believe it, or don’t. It’s no difference to me. I’m just a little disturbed at what just happened with my curtain here—whether I imagined it or not.

Has anyone ever had a weird, creepy thing like this happen to them while alone or with someone else?

edit on 19-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sounds like it is just simple air pressure or just a draught Narco.

Have you got 2 windows open in the house at the same time?... could quite simply be that, if so, close one of them and you will see the difference

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Sounds like it is just simple air pressure or just a draught Narco.

Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like. There's no windows open and no way that I could create any changes in air pressure to recreate the movement. I tried.

There's no draft at all in my room, and certainly not in my closet.

I wish it were really that simple to explain. If I could have recreated the movement simply by opening a window or closing my door I wouldn't have made the thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Separate or combine.. Being alone is the best time for those who wish to make fear to enact their weak power.

I'm not sure how far psychology separates from physics if at all.. I don't want to define exactly what I do not know, but I'd call it Spiritual related.. Psychology related..

What's been going on lately in your life? anything different?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Humm

*scratches head*

Methinks that it is maybe just air movement then when you went into the room... I use Drager smoke sticks to show clients how air can be moved ever so slightly when i am showing them my veterinary equipment (especially anesthesia equipment that uses gas)... you would be surprised how air can move in a room (even wafting a feather!)

Personally i would not worry.

Have a great nights sleep.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yea that's creepy, could be a number of things, sometimes in bed, all my sheets are crumbled and after a while a few deflate all of a sudden, course that's maybe because air flow and what not.
Honestly bro, I want to tell you that there is something following you, or at least checking you out and it almost became discovered but with quick thinking it managed to evade you....that its currently watching you now...as you type these posts and read them....at 2118 Hawaii time, 18 jul 13....maybe its hungry, maybe it needs a sample of biological matter from you, perhaps a probing of the mind or your "EXIT"....
Stay vigilant and fight the good fight bruh.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Okay, so you don't believe me. Just say it directly. You seem to ignore certain facts about my experience that I'm presenting (albeit, you have to take my word and accept my premise.)

I am saying for the third time now. I could not recreate this air pressure/ draft even though I tried multiple times. Forget that there isn't even an open window or drafty vent in my house.

I have never, in my decade of living here, seen my curtain move like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Why do you mention Hawaii?

This is not funny. I'm seriously freaked out now. Do you know something about this?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by Rodinus

This is not funny. I'm seriously freaked out now. Do you know something about this?

He is TROLLING Narco and getting a massive big intellectual erection out of doing so!

Kindest respects

Rod

Actually...that has MAJOR significance to me right now. I am willing to listen to what he/she has to say.

Given my history of experiences...he has pushed a vulnerable button with me.

Fair enough, i understand what you are getting at, in this case i will not intrude any further in your thread.

And as for IGNORING certain facts, you have not presented them so i am not sure how i could have been so ignorant? (i deeply and sincerely apologise but i do not have the time right now to go through all of your threads and posts to see what your past history is.)

Excuse me for being so rude!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 19-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
What's been going on lately in your life? anything different?

I was brooding a bit today--several hours ago. I was just starting to cheer back up and was getting ready to relax for the night.

Honestly, I'm a little uneasy now that that other poster mentions "Hawaii."

This is just...very bizarre...that he/she should even make reference to that right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

---
I wouldn't say I know anything about it, but there have been a couple of instances in my life where I would stop suddenly what I was doing and turn and look behind me....AND I WAS ALWAYS ALONE.
It could be anything and people will come up with a logical explanation, which on my part acts as a relief to my tense situation...but I'm a huge believe in the paranormal and the physical universe acting as one huge system, including technological advancement of species who at that tipping point will delve into the realm of the supernatural and harness the untold energies of different realms....
BUT!! that goes for the same on the OTHER side.
Perhaps your spirit, soul or whatever you want to call it, is slightly brighter then most peoples? you ever consider that? if things are happening in your life and you can't explain it and nobody else seems to understand, then perhaps "something else" has taken to wanting an understanding of "you". Being native American, one of many things we are taught and the only one I care to want to remember is that we all have a spirit guide, a guardian animal, I believe in it and hold it in high thoughts as I walk through dark alleys and rooms...but is reciprocal, for where there is a positive there is a negative.
Its up to you to determine what's checking you out right now as you read this post. I can't help you beyond what limited understand I know, but the best thing to do is band with other people who won't ridicule you on the subject and say its the draft and winds and tremors and over active imaginations, yada yada, blah blah....and do your best to understand the situation. Certain people in this world are naturally more in tuned with the world then others and they could never understand.
That is why I give people the benefit of the doubt concerning these topics. It could, or it couldn't, but if it is.....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It appears we are like-minded, thanks for your posts. But still, please, why did you even mention Hawaii? Is this where you live?

What other reason could you possibly mention this for?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

---
sometimes I like to throw out a word that's connected to my present situation, like where I live or what I've been doing and sometimes just completely random, you'll be surprised that if you can connect with that word in anyway, then maybe you should listen up, if not then oh well, its nothing really, but I usually get a lot of results back. Kind of eerie if you ask me, but it happens a lot for me to keep doing it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Spiritual?

What spiritual type things are you into, if anything
What could you be doing thats inviting spirits in to your life. Hobbies, books, relationships.
Not that I am asking, just get you thinking.

Creepy, yes, but there could be an explanation spiritually
Unless you dont believe that sort of thing?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
apologies .. transported to wrong coordinates .. by the way you really should clean up that closet a person could get lost in there ..

jokes aside .. quite interesting occurance .. would guess was a ghost dropped in on you .. getting close to ghost month and already alot out and about ..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join