It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Hover Over Fresno for Four Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You're right it's not, however that thing wasn't moving. You don't need to take anyones word for it that the 2 objects were stationary for 4 hours. Just look at the 2nd OP video when the guy has his camera positioned on the tri-pod-- it literally is not moving.Perfectly still.

Since when do parachutes exhibit that kind of non-movement? And since when are they tethered to the ground?

I'm not saying its a UFO but I'm not sure we should dismiss it on the grounds of it looking like a parachute from WW2.
edit on 19-7-2013 by WASTYT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This vid is nuts. Yea woul dbe interesting to know if the satellites caught wind of this www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You're right it's not, however that thing wasn't moving. You don't need to take anyones word for it that the 2 objects were stationary for 4 hours. Just look at the 2nd OP video when the guy has his camera positioned on the tri-pod-- it literally is not moving.Perfectly still.

Since when do parachutes exhibit that kind of non-movement? And since when are they tethered to the ground?

I'm not saying its a UFO but I'm not sure we should dismiss it on the grounds of it looking like a parachute from WW2.
edit on 19-7-2013 by WASTYT because: (no reason given)

Sure it kind of looks like a parachute, but anyone dismissing it as a parachute or weather balloon obviously did not watch the news video about the duration of the appearance (4 hrs) or the high winds that were blowing at the time (30 mph @ 1000ft and 70 mph @ 30,000 ft).

Up to this point there has been no human-based explanation presented.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Parachute ? Hmmm. What did they do ? Fill it with helium to make it go up in the air and just sit still ? Just currious .

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

it literally is not moving.Perfectly still.

Did you even watch the whole second video? He clearly states several times in the first couple minutes that the first object is moving. Then when he has the second object on the tripod, you can clearly see that it's moving. And he has to adjust the camera several times because it's moving.

Moving does not = perfectly still.

edit on 19-7-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

it literally is not moving.Perfectly still.

Did you even watch the whole second video? He clearly states several times in the first couple minutes that the first object is moving. Then when he has the second object on the tripod, you can clearly see that it's moving. And he has to adjust the camera several times because it's moving.

Moving does not = perfectly still.

Yes, and how far away would an object be subjected to winds between 30mph and 70mph in 4 hours? Between 120 and 280 miles, so obviously some force was keeping it somewhat stationary or at least in the same vicinity.

edit on 19-7-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Don't parachutes move downward?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And, this thread is a duplicate, already posted 2 days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To end this thread where the other one ended, Google could be testing out their internet balloons:

Since Google headquarters is only around 160-miles away from Fresno, I think this is the final answer. Either way, not a UFO with detachable orbs in their own docking ports, or 360-degree propulsion units.

edit on 19-7-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ohhh well . Moving right along.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

I think we've arrived at a point where just hanging in the sky is not going to impress many people anymore. Given that some UFOs are more than balloons or lanterns or swamp gas or parachutes or figments of a camera's imagination... there's going to have to be a sighting, an encounter so impressive that we are forced to deal with it on its own terms.

If and/or when that finally happens, it's going to hit some people pretty hard... like Michael Shermer or the great and powerful Oz... oh, I mean, Randi, lol.

As for this Fresno object? I like the comparisons to the Space Shuttle sightings... most especially during the tether experiment (STS 75?). Taking into consideration the length of that tether and the distance between it and the camera at the time, those objects were in no way ice particles from the lavatory. Many passing behind the tether indicated a size that's almost beyond comprehension.

S&F... don't see many good threads on UFOs anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
4 hours and this was the only pish they were able to film?

Looks like they filmed it with a potato.

Filmed with a potato ..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
And, this thread is a duplicate, already posted 2 days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To end this thread where the other one ended, Google could be testing out their internet balloons:

Since Google headquarters is only around 160-miles away from Fresno, I think this is the final answer. Either way, not a UFO with detachable orbs in their own docking ports, or 360-degree propulsion units.

You might be right there and I also agree with the parachute explanation, BUT this is in stark contrast to what was reported, that the object stood still "for hours". Also...in some of the footage there doesn't appear to be any movement whatsoever. (But of course I might be wrong).

Point being is that certain bits of information must be wrong (maybe deliberately so?) otherwise of course it would clearly be either a parachute or a ballon-type of thing. It was the fact that people and media claimed it was there for hours which excluded those explanations.

Also....there is more odd here because a balloon, say, one of those recently tested projects by Google for WiFi in remote areas "doesn't simply pop up" in the air and also "doesn't simply vanish".

If it was one of those projects, the balloon, at some time must have been hauled it again (if it was tethered) or simply flew somewhere to land. In other words: Chances are that THOSE bits of the story which would explain the entire thing are MISSING. A balloon doesn't just appear and disappear from one sec. to the other. Also...if it was "an UFO" which mysteriously disappeared which would make the sighting unexplainable...where is this part of the footage?
edit on 19-7-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anyone got the full 4 hour video..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Looks like it could be a balloon to me, but the fact that it stayed put for so long in winds like that... makes me wonder.

Could it have been tethered to the ground somehow? it would have swayed and moved, but not too far.
Does the Google balloon have some sort of stabalizing factor, like small fans or something, that help keep it over its intended target?

Nice find. I added a star, cant flag yet. I'm too new.
edit on 19-7-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's a MEGA Cake From Space !

Seriously though, Very interesting video(s) .. Looks like a chute or balloon IMO , but hovering there for 4 hours ?
Strange ...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Not too many people have HD video cameras..those things cost a fortune..think about it for a min. Most people you know probably at best have a iphone to capture things

Why the news people (that have nicer cameras) didn't get better footage is beyond me..even photographers would have a hard time since most have prime lenses..35mm, 50mm or 85mm at best. Even with those you would have NEVER captured a great picture..especially with the object being white + full day sun...multiple shots with different exposures and overlays may have done the trick...but most of that crappy HD photography is in post processing..not in camera RAW...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
It looks as if the object literally stood still for many minutes, if not hours.

This, in my opinion, excludes any type of man-made craft including drones but of course also parachutes and balloons. Any type of craft would have shown SOME type of movement. I cannot even imagine some military type of object/drone which would simply stand still for hours. To be honest, this is very puzzling.

Different air altitudes can have different wind directions. I'd go for the blimp/balloon system explanation if that were the case. There's a system called Gorgon Stare which has multiple cameras and allows for monitoring of an entire city. This could have been a trial run.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
no one mentioning "how" it left.. the manner of what it did to leave.. and someone already mentioned.. 4 hours and this is the best video there is?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The fact it looks very similar to other objects filmed by NASA, leads me to believe that it's a living entity in the earths atomposhere, a bit like jelly fish but much larger. Could explain star jelly etc. just a thought!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Obviously a giant coffee filter in the sky!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join