It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's identify the parts of the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS.....
For a long time, I've always seen the Earth as more than just a living thing upon which we live but a being with a personality. I even went as far as to identify the Earth's body parts: Mountains would be the feet, vegetation is the hair, wind would be the hands, magnetosphere the brain/ mind, etc You get the picture. Do the planets communicate? If so what would be the Earth's way of commnication?

My proposal to ATS is to come up with your own Earthly body part descriptions.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Earthquakes are the sign of an upset stomach maybe??

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Earthquakes?...Upset stomach? I never thought of that...Funny.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Earthquakes are the sign of an upset stomach maybe??

Sure... it's where natural gas comes from...

edit on 19-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The OP is way too hippy for my liking, but I'll contribute anyways (in my own way).

Planets do indeed make "sound". With it's latest single, I present to you the interplanetary sounds of the artist formerly known as Jupiter:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would say the core of the Earth is like a heart. The ground is like bones.
Trees/plants are like tissues and muscles which are taking in the necessary nutrients it needs to keep everything alive.
The wind is like blood circulating and transporting essential nutrients to the muscles/tissues
The magnetosphere is the skin protecting everything.

The Earth is alive!!!!

And humans are the parasites benefiting from, yet killing the Earth.
edit on 19-7-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
climate change is a fever trying to rid a virus (humans)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
Hello ATS.....
For a long time, I've always seen the Earth as more than just a living thing upon which we live but a being with a personality. I even went as far as to identify the Earth's body parts: Mountains would be the feet, vegetation is the hair, wind would be the hands, magnetosphere the brain/ mind, etc You get the picture. Do the planets communicate? If so what would be the Earth's way of commnication?

My proposal to ATS is to come up with your own Earthly body part descriptions.

This is a very literal subject for me. The Earth is called "mother" for more reasons than most people think.

We are born from her, made from the very soil and elements that reside in her. When we are finished with our bodies, we are buried in her, to be reabsorbed and to allow your cells to eventually be something or somebody else.

In this sense, her body is both womb and tomb for every living being here.

But to answer your question in a more drunk-on-the-hood-of-a-car-staring-up-at-the-stars fashion, I'd say this:
- Her body is the core.
- Her blood is the magma.
- Her hair is the collective of all that take root in her.
- Her sweat and fitting symbol for her love and will would be the waters.
- Her voice, the wind. It speaks to all and carries our own voices farther than we know.
- Her breasts and womb would be aptly represented by the entirety of all the world's ecosystems and the sustenance provided for every bio-region.

Remember, she and we are all made from the same star dust. It made her and then she made us. It is no wonder there are countless Earth-based faiths around the world.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Cuervo because: added pic

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Excellent responses so far everyone. However, I think that magma/ lava is a waste product. Think about it; not to sound gross but human waste is hot a steamy. Waste from some animals is used as a fertilizer because it has nutrients in it which allows things to grow. Magma/ Lava has the nutrients in it for new land(s) from which things grow. What are some other ideas?

new topics

top topics

join