It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic farming in central Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I thought sme ATS people might like to know about this wonderful place I found to live in central Brazil. If you look for Caldas Novas in the state of Goias in Brazil on Google Earth you will see that it is bhe biggest tourist destination in the Brazilian midwest. It is loaded with really nice apatments to rent or buy lots of waterparks resturants etc. But it is also possible to get in the car drive 10-30 minutes and you are in the counry where there are lots of small farms where you can go buy fresh food, honey, beef free range chickens and eggs raw milk etc. directly form the producers.

I took 3 3day courses last week cnventional horticulture, organic horticulture and medicinal plants. tomorrow rural administration. The townĊ› secretary of agriculture gives the classes for free together with free organic breakfast and lunch if you don have a car, the send one to pick you up and drive you home after class.

Because in never gets cold here you can plant all year round so you don't have to heat the house or harvest everything to stock up for the winter. Very easy to live completely independently here

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Babosa

You should make a thread describing your experience and what you learned

I did organic farming WOOF'ing in a couple US States. South America was next on my list!
edit on 18-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That sounds like heaven. Will they give a penniless US citizen political asylum? I mean, it's pretty bad here, when I am forced to eat poisoned food and water.

Welcome to ATS, by the way!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't even know what to do over in that paradise. It would be so cheap to live there compared to here. All you would need is grow your own stuff and have a mediocre job or some savings to make it through life.

Welcome to the site. I see you have internet service there, it isn't backwoods country..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Nah.

You would need a good amount of money and THEN when you go over there it's peachy. Likewise, you would need a decent expat job then you're living great there. A mediocre job there means mediocre pay. Mediocre pay means mediocre life. Of course that all depends on your accustomed lifestyle. One mans dump is another mans mansion. That's a little too drastic. Let me rephrase. Some people are content with a minimalist life and others need the 'rat race'. I don't believe there is much in between. At leas as far as drive goes.

Not to detract! Brazil and South America seems awesome!

new topics

top topics

join