It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson blasts Florida as ‘apartheid state’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Honestly
I wish MLK was still around,
I'd like to hear what he would think of all this Bla Bla

He would die of a heart attack or a broken heart basically! This is not what he would want to see by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

of course he would..

thats how he makes his money..

only surfacing when its time to push

people in America further away from each other..

just like he did with MLK..

when he rose to the occasion..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I remember when I first moved to Orlando, the pharmacist at Walgreen's just started speaking to us in Spanish. JJ needs to get a clue.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
JJ is no Martin Luther King Jr. He is definitely a racist prima donna and what I call a "sh!t stirrer". Trayvon doubled back around the building and ambushed Zimmerman and got shot in the struggle. It's his own fault he's dead. Young people these days, don't understand all it takes is that 1 stupid decision that could cost them their life, and being hot headed doubles that chance of making that stupid decision.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Borrowing a page from a PP here.

Dear Mr. Jackson,
You're a useless control freak of a race baiter, and you're not helping anyone or anything by opening your pie hole.
Just SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY.
Kthxbai.

Whyyyy do people still listen to this jerkwad? Are they so oblivious to manipulation & mongering? Wonderful audience to have at your fingertips, a bunch of utter idiots waiting to be spoon-fed the latest fire-stoking drivel. Apartheid FL, JFC. What an callous insult to Mandela & everyone else who lived & fought real Apartheid racism.

edit on 7/19/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

When do
WOMENS RIGHTS come to the forefront???? And WHY does OBAMA not care about them???
Seriously???? He says, IF I had a son, If it were ME... as if he ONLY cares about those in this country that are of MALE origin!!!!

I am OFFENDED, and I think his DAUGHTERS should be also!!! Why should he attach himself to a legal case in Florida, when he doesn't even have a SON to truly associate his feelings with. Should he not care MORE about the rights of women, considering the fact he actually has FEMALE children???? Seriously, if he is going to take a stand against something, should he not actually have some point of reference to really begin from??

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Jesse Jackson saying that Florida is an "apartheid state" I think it is a strategy to push the Department of Justice into bringing Civil rights charges against George Zimmerman. TPTB in the black communities and elsewhere are pushing hard for the justice they feel Trayvon Martin deserves; and many, many people of all races agree with them.

Justice for Trayvon Martin rallies are being held in 100 cities today across the United States...

www.cnn.com...

I live in the Northwest in Seattle and Trayvon Martin's cousin Cedric Martin of Tacoma is going to be at the rally held in Seattle today...

www.kplu.org...

edit on 20-7-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I don't understand folks willingness to dive headfirst into obvious attention garnering race bait...

Aren't we above this... if we are, why highlight it and help promulgate it?

We are better than this, I truly believe that folks are better than what has been fueled...

I thank you all, the majority of the folks in the US who have not fallen for the bait....

They believe one of their sons was murdered. This stuff don’t come out of a vacuum…there history to this.
Such as the last election when they did everything possible to inhibit the black vote
Such as the numerous other young black men and boys murdered on the streets by policemen or want to be policemen.

Including Chicago...reading your mind

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I thtink it is the Republican party who is attacking woman's rights more than anyone.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I've wondered that more than once...

Martin Luther King, Jr. was head and shoulders above these poseurs.

I have a dream...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You'll notice at the beginning of the video that blacks and whites are marching together. Working together.

I was very young during those days of the civil rights movement, but I remember some of it. I'd hate to think that the promise of those wondrous days is being lost.

Those people faced danger in attempting to bring the same rights to everyone. North. South. East. West.

Apartheid? Has Rev. Jackson truly forgotten what the South once was? Is he so steeped in his demagoguery that he has forgotten what he once fought for? What so many died for?

Maybe he needs a reminder, just we all do occasionally...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by shell69

I thtink it is the Republican party who is attacking woman's rights more than anyone.

Absurd. You don't think there are women in the GOP?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Jackson is a wrong.
(I edited my previous comment about what Jackson is. .... )

Daily Caller - Blacks Benefit from Florida Stand Your Ground Law at Disproportionate Rate

African Americans benefit from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing “Stand Your Ground” would help African Americans.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites

edit on 7/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Why do women fall for this ploy?

I hear "Obama has done so much for women" and I cringe!
Please, spare me from the things that the Democrats want to
do 'for' women.

In fact, please spare me from the ideas of Jesse Jackson,
Al Sharpton, Obama and the likes of these type of 'men'.

They are such self absorbed whiners I doubt they really ever
care much about women, they are so concerned about the way
the world percieves them, yet they 'do' nothing to change that,
except whine, and dramatize, so much so their actions
could be described as drama queens.

edit on 20-7-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join