It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson blasts Florida as ‘apartheid state’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It a thought that has been bugging me a little since this awful case arose. When OJ Simpson's wife was killed and the findings of that case were out, the white community I thought was very dignified in their response.

I understand that the lad who was killed was not some innocent school boy. If you have laws for people to defend themselves with a gun, people will get shot so why the rage surely we are past this stupid race issue. It seems to be more a reason to loot and cause damage to other peoples cars and property etc than genuine protest. This debases the whole issue.

Recently a female friend went for promotion, she was the better qualified and more experienced she was also very good at her job. However, they brought in a man from outside with lower qualifications and barely any track record.
She had been overlook because she was a woman (of child bering years). Everyone puts up with some kind of prejudice because our brains are programmed that way, we can't help it. She didn't destroy anything, she quietly left.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but this is simple ignorance on the part of Jesse Jackson. I'm just tired of Trayvon being characterized as an innocent young boy. If he was such an innocent young boy, he would have politely told Zimmerman the reason why he was there and simply walked away or ran to his father's residence.

What was deleted from his cell phone was criminal evidence that the prosecution illegally destroyed. Having a picture of a pile of jewelry on his bed, sounds like he was gloating and showing his treasure from a recent burglary he was involved in. A text about a transaction for a fire arm, doesn't sound like an innocent young boy to me. Why does an innocent young boy need a gun? Pictures of him smoking marijuana, doesn't sound like he was so innocent. He was also on suspension from school because of marijuana. Last time I checked, marijuana is illegal. THC was also found in Martin's system which could have made him overly paranoid when confronted by Zimmerman.

For the DOJ to pursue putting Zimmerman on trial for a hate crime is being driven by the media and Obama's administration. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have enough evidence to convict him of a hate crime. This is beginning to make our court system look like a kangaroo court.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I approve of this statement good sir, i laughed so hard,
people seem to forget that we are all different yet the
same, i myself am from the united states but Ive got
Scottish, German and Native American, probably more
than that but that's just what i know of for sure, i just
want a human planet, is that so much to ask?

This entire debacle of an incident is just tiring to me,
i for one am sick of the media hype, the commercialization
of real death, the constant manic obsession people seem
to have with forcing their own opinion on everyone
around them, we need major changes in this world
and i fear the wrong ones will be seen as necessary.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yes, that great 'performance' by JJ was deluxe.

The script writers certainly chose the right person for the job !!

They saved money because they didn't have to pay for JJ's acting lessons....

He was a natural for the part

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
florida is a melting pot. the whole southern half is predominantly hispanic. people from all over the usa come here to retire, and there's a huge military presence here, particularly associated with the space program and nasa. it has a big tourist trade, and there are always people of every racial background either living here or visiting here. it's not an apartheid state, but i agree about one thing -- the jury should've had blacks on it, as well, to represent the deceased since he wasn't present to defend himself.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure the reverend even knows what apartheid means.

I don't like these people cashing in while poor old Nelson Mandela is gravely ill. Obama shows up at his old prison cell and claims that he has a better understanding. He had all the time in the world to visit nelson before he got sick, so why now? stupid question.

Mandela spoke up for his people instead of just blaming everyone else, Unlike the reverend.

Buzzwords are for the gullible, Mr Jackson, but they won't fool everyone.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Jackson
is a huge racist
He can go pound sand
edit on 18-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

This. He is a racist and a shakedown artist. Harmony between the races is something he hates deeply because he makes more money as long as there is racial divisiveness.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Jackson
is a huge racist
He can go pound sand
edit on 18-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

double tap
edit on 19-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

the jury should've had blacks on it, as well, to represent the deceased since he wasn't present to defend himself.

You need to blame the prosecution and defense equally for that, since they have to agree on who is seated on the jury.
BUT....
Don't forget that the Defendant if the one that was on trial, not the victim. Our system allows for a trial by jury of the defendants peers. Some people would argue that the jury should have been made up of 6 men, all being 'white Hispanics'. I don't personally hold that opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
wait a second........

if they ruled we were an apartheid state, could they also cut off food supplies and starve us all to death down here? i mean doesn't our government do that to foreign nations they don't like? cut off food and so forth? this is starting to creep me out.
edit on 19-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

An ‘apartheid state’ ????

REALLY?!
Is there a gas leak somewhere that I don't know about? Has a crack opened up in the Earth releasing noxious gases? I just...the utter ignorance here is just...
I swear. I learn something new every day. Just when I think I've got it all figured out, I learn something else. TIL that if a non black person is acquitted of a black person's murder than the whole state is incompetent and racist. I just can't. The stupidity is unreal today. When will it ever end?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is a phone conversation I would love to be a fly on the wall for

Gov Scott (FL): Good morning madame governor, I am calling for some advice...

Gov Brewer (AZ): G'morning governor, whassup?

Scott: Jackson, Sharpton, the NAACP, the DOJ and the White House are up to their crap again... how did you handle it?

Brewer: Handle what? It blew over in a month.

Scott: Did your state lose any revenue?

Brewer: Not really...

Scott: What about California? Didn't they throw a stink as well?

Brewer: They tried... then one of our utility commissioners threatened to shut off the power they get from us...

Scott: Sweet. How about Obama, how did you deal with him?

Brewer: Even easier... met him on the tarmac and threatened to open a can of whoop ass right there...

Scott: Awesome! So basically, short of "invading" Florida there isn't anything they can really do...

Brewer: Other than take us to court... not really. They dumped more illegals on the streets. They have handcuffed the USBP. They have even taken our law enforcement officials to court. But, we are used to that. So, no... nothing really changed...

Scott: Thanks again Jan...

Brewer: We got your back brother...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If he wants to boycott us, then by all means, dont come down here again and dont have your stupid radio program on in any of the cities here. It sounds like a win win to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Jesse Jackson blasts Florida as ‘apartheid state’

It makes one wonder whether people like Jackson and Sharpton actually believe this stuff they ply on the nation or whether they think the nation is gullible enough to see it as anything but what it is.

Florida has one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the country, second only to (perhaps) California.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Dear Jesse,

This isn't 1986 anymore. People realize today you're a moron, race pimp who gains financially from stoking the fire of racism. Kindly STFU until you die. That is all.

Now was that a nice thing to say?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We definitely need an "Uncle Ruckus" to take Jackson down a few pegs.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I dont know how much longer they can milk this event...

Only three people showed at a NBP protest today.
www.christianpost.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just saw this:

President Obama publicly and personally addressed the Trayvon Martin case for the first time since George Zimmerman was acquitted nearly a week ago, saying the black community is seeing the case through a "set of experiences" that "doesn't go away." Obama addressed the case during a surprise appearance in the White House briefing room on Friday. He said he wanted to give some "context" to the controversy.

Source

Not a case of something that "doesn't go away" Mr. President... a case of something YOU "won't let go away"... the man was found innocent by a jury of his peers. Just leave him be...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

And Obama said something else too....

Speaking at the White House on Friday, President Obama addressed the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial for the killing of Trayvon Martin for the first time since 2012, when he declared that if he had a son, he’d look like Martin. This time, Obama said, “Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.”

Obama: 'Trayvon Could Have Been Me'

No comment but 'what IF'

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This has gotten out of friggin control!!

Jesse Jackson and his NAACP buddies can go get bent for all I care. He and the rest of them are racist as all get out. He loves to make everything about race and blame the white man for black people's problems and now he wants to blame an entire state for one persons actions. Give me a friggin break. I live in FL. I can't say I'm a fan of the state but jhc it's not Florida's damn fault!

This guy needs to go away.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join