It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department places 'hold' on Trayvon Martin trial evidence, including George Zimmerman's g

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Please tell me when in American history the rule of law actually applied to all people equally, then if you can pinpoint the exact date please provide it.

I have a better idea. Why don't you show me a better system than ours.

You're dealing in logical fallacy; if its not perfect then the whole thing must be terrible. Nothing in life is perfect, friend, because most everything is designed and run by imperfect people.

edit on 19-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The rule of law has ceased in the USSA. It is now the rule of man via the court of public opinion.
reply to post by bozzchem

I couldn't agree more. We might as well remove our court system and have anyone on the street who hasn't examined the evidence or listened to the arguments decide someone's fate. We're not only slowly losing our constitutional rights, were losing the rule of law.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is all perfectly legal.

There was a federal investigation that was put on hold during the criminal trial and now it's back on again. It will be concluded that there is no proof of civil rights violations and George's gun will be returned to him. Just because it's not on your timeline, doesn't mean it's illegal.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Reopening this bogus civil rights case against Zimmerman is nothing more than open pandering to the NAACP and it’s obviously racially motivated. You’ll remember that Holder’s minions consulted with the NAACP before it dropped its New Black Panthers voter intimidation case (a case the government won...yet Zimmerman was aquitted).

The Justice Department is ignoring civil rights cases that involve white victims and wrongly abandoned a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party last year, a top department official testified Friday. He called the department's conduct a "travesty of justice."
nation.foxnews.com...

It seems the Justice Department has become the legal arm of the NAACP. This administration, it’s appointees and its agendas are disgraceful!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your information is WRONG!

Originally posted by seabag
Reopening this bogus civil rights case

The investigation was never closed. It was put on hold during the criminal trial.
And it's not a civil rights case. It's an investigation.
And they didn't re-open it because of the NAACP or Al Sharpton. Your hatred is misplaced. This is normal, legal procedure in the US.

Jesus!
You guys get SO upset over things you make up!

The Justice Department’s civil-rights investigation, which was put on hold while Zimmerman’s criminal trial was under way, could theoretically uncover new information.

Source

Relax, though. There's no civil rights violation. The investigation will be concluded and George will get his gun back, so he can kill again.

edit on 7/19/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Holder is just keeping the heat off the real issues, I can just see him and Obama up late at night planning their next move,

How about we get the population arguing about this, keep his gun, yeah yeah that's it they will bicker about that all weekend.
edit on 093131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don't even think we can call it pandering anymore, they are just using it to deflect from the real issues.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The investigation was never closed. It was put on hold during the criminal trial.
And it's not a civil rights case. It's an investigation.

OK! After an aquittal, why waste the money?

And they didn't re-open it because of the NAACP or Al Sharpton. Your hatred is misplaced. This is normal, legal procedure in the US.

Jesus! You guys get SO upset over things you make up!

That’s complete BS. It wouldn’t have been re-opened if not for pressure by civil rights leaders.

The federal inquiry, which was started shortly after the shooting last year but had been delayed while the state criminal trial in Florida was under way, was being restarted after civil rights leaders called on the Justice Department to re-examine the case. The leaders said Sunday that they remained convinced that the shooting had a racial element. Mr. Martin, 17, was black.
www.nytimes.com...

Why didn’t they reexamine the case against the NBP? Could it be because the NAACP asked Holder not to?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

They just HAD to do SOMETHING.

I often wonder how much doing "something" costs us every year. We seem to react legislatively simply for the sake of having reacted an awful lot.

I bet it's enough to have kept Detroit from going under.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

They just HAD to do SOMETHING.

I often wonder how much doing "something" costs us every year. We seem to react legislatively simply for the sake of having reacted an awful lot.

I bet it's enough to have kept Detroit from going under.

This is no different than Obama saying "If congress doesn't act I will take unilateral action."

These idiots in DC don't care about the law or the constitution. And anyone defending this administration's actions has no regard for the constitution or rule of law (or they aren't paying attention) IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That’s complete BS. It wouldn’t have been re-opened if not for pressure by civil rights leaders.

Sorry, they can't just drop and investigation without it being concluded. Yes, civil rights leaders pressured the DOJ, and the investigation is more thorough as a result, but the investigation would have resumed anyway.

What are you so afraid of? Why not just let the investigation play out if your guy is innocent?

No need to answer. This is just stupid.

edit on 7/19/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just a quick question. Is there anything in american law that would allow its citizens to push for new elections? Something like a "no confidence vote" against either congress, the senate, the president or a combination of all three?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Sorry, they can't just drop and investigation without it being concluded.

Come on!

They investigate their enemies and protect their friends! It’s the Chicago-gangster way!!

There's an age-old tradition in Washington of making unpopular announcements when no one's listening—like, you know, the days leading up to Thanksgiving. That's when the Obama administration sneaked a tasty dish to the genetically modified seed/pesticide industry.
This treat involves the unceremonious end of the Department of Justice's antitrust investigation into possible anticompetitive practices in the US seed market, which it had begun in January 2010.

What's harder to figure out is why the DOJ ended the investigation without taking any action—and did so with a near-complete lack of public information. The DOJ didn't even see fit to mark the investigation's end with a press release. News of it emerged from a brief item Monsanto itself issued the Friday before Thanksgiving, declaring it had "received written notification" from the DOJ antitrust division that it had ended its investigation "without taking any enforcement action."
www.motherjones.com...

What are you so afraid of? Why not just let the investigation play out if your guy is innocent?
Because this borders on double jeopardy. They just HAVE to convict the innocent man of SOMETHING to appease their friends. Apparently that’s OK with you…maybe because you ARE one of their friends.

No need to answer. This is just stupid.

You’re right! The entire case against Zimmerman and the civil rights investigation are very stupid.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
Just a quick question. Is there anything in american law that would allow its citizens to push for new elections? Something like a "no confidence vote" against either congress, the senate, the president or a combination of all three?

I think we are toast.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

“At what point do we let an American citizen get done with the justice process?” Thor asked. “I mean this is a big deal, this could happen to anybody. If the government can keep hounding you, this guy’s life is ruined at this point. I know we have a dead child here but he was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Trayvon Martin wasn’t on trial, George Zimmerman was, and he’s not guilty…at what point does he get to recommence his life?”

“That’s his decision, Val, it’s not for us to decide if we’re going to curtail his liberty or not, that is his Second Amendment right to possess a firearm, defend himself, defend his family, and it is not up to you, it’s not up to me, to decide what’s right for George Zimmerman. He’s an American citizen, he gets to decide what’s right for him,” Thor said.

“When’s it over? How much more does he have to go through?” Thor said. “There’s not a shred of evidence that he is a racist and yet the Department of Justice is freezing everything.”

www.theblaze.com...

Thor gets it some people on here get it so why can't the FASCISTS get it?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah this is just stupid:

Local LEO cleared Zimmerman from the get go.

The fascists said oh hell no that won't we want our pound of flesh..

The FBI cleared Zimmerman

The fascsits said oh hell no that won't work we want our pound of flesh

The state cleared him yet again.

The fascists said oh hell no that won't won't we want our pound of flesh

Now the DOJ and others still want Zimmerman burned at the stake.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's what it boils down to.
There's no other way to explain what has happened to him.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by neo96

That's what it boils down to.
There's no other way to explain what has happened to him.

That is not even the half of it the Potus just chimed in just now on TV.

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more disgusted with the whole ZT charade ?

They set a new low.
edit on 19-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is the unholy marriage of Affirmative Action and, well, the festering pile of excriment we're using for "justice" these days. Pathetic. We ALL KNOW there's never been a more clear-cut and unambiguous case of textbook self defense ever. If the victim weren't black (along with the POTUS and AG) and the accused non-black, this would not be happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Tyranny

The rule of law has ceased in the USSA.

It is now the rule of man via the court of public opinion. This dead horse will continue to be beaten since it distracts from the issues that truly affect the pulse of what little is left of our Republic.

This signifies that it matters not what a jury states regarding your guilt, it only matters what is politically expedient for those wishing to capitalize on your plight.

Neither the ancient Romans nor those under Hitler were subjected to this level of depravity.

Best of luck to us all.

The U.S. Department of Justice, overseen by Attorney General Eric Holder, has ordered the Sanford, Florida police department to keep possession of all the evidence from George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial - including the exonerated neighborhood watch volunteer's gun. Sanford police confirmed on Thursday that the DOJ asked the agency not to return any pieces of evidence to their owners. Zimmerman was expected to get his firearm back by month's end. The development is a sign that the criminal section of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division is seriously investigating Zimmerman to determine if federal civil rights charges should be filed. Read More

I NO LONGER WANT TO LIVE IN THIS SICK COUNTRY!

What kind of Country investigates a free and acquitted person all because the verdict was not the one the people wanted?

This has gone too far. What kind of judicial system is this? People ask yourself this: would you want this to happen to you?

This action seriously undermines our constitution and personal rights. What about the right to a fair and unbiased trial?! Or has that right gone straight out the window?
edit on 19-7-2013 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join