Moscow Trip for Obama May Be Off as Snowden Tensions Build

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — President Obama may cancel a scheduled trip to Moscow to meet with President Vladimir V. Putin in September as the standoff over the fate of Edward J. Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor seeking asylum there, takes its toll on already strained relations between the United States and Russia, officials said Thursday.

Say it ain't so O.

What?

Picture credit

I thought the US and Russia were all like 'best bud's now?

Now that the election is over so much for that 'flexibility' as promised.

No Obama go to Russia I want you to jump in air farce one and spend my money, and do that 'presidential' stuff your suppose to do.

I'm heart broken

What's a little spying between 'friends' ?

But while Mr. Obama is still committed to going to St. Petersburg, he is now rethinking the Moscow stop, not just because of the impasse over Mr. Snowden but due to a whole range of issues dividing the two countries.

Or a proxy war in the ME?

Come on Obama cowboy up.

'Why can't we be friends,'
'Why can't we be friends'.

Why can't we be friends?
edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If I was Putin I would have Snowden serve Obama some tea and scones or something, also Putin could make him dance infront of Obama.
"Dance Snowden Dance!!!"like a dancing Russian bear " He is ours now Obama..Ours" , Oh to see the look on Obamas face
we can dream

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Come on ATS, I know we can make some good "In Soviet Russia...." jokes here about Snowden, Russia, and Obama.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sour grapes it is.

I guess this new development shoots down my prediction that Obama was going to ask for asylum.

{deep long inhale ....... fast loud exhale}

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is just a trivial post.

If Putin made Kerry sit on the runway for three hours, twiddling his thumbs, how would Obama be received? wouldn't that be a slap that Putin just couldn't resist?

I'm not President (thankfully), but I wouldn't go to Russia for any reason. I might even (welcome to my fantasy world) call in the Russian ambassador and say "Hi, there, Boris. Didn't I hear that you were going back to Moscow this afternoon for three weeks to check the air in your tires, or see if they're still harvesting caviar? See you when you get back. Oh, and TSA is getting to be pretty thorough, better bring some lube."

Now you know why I can't be President.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by neo96

Sour grapes it is.

I guess this new development shoots down my prediction that Obama was going to ask for asylum.

{deep long inhale ....... fast loud exhale}

He doesn't need asylum... he should be locked in one...

Doesn't Kenya want him back?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A significant amount of the chatter we are seeing is simply pablum for public consumption. Bread and circuses. I don't know the depth of current international cooperation but I suspect that it goes all the way to the top. China and Russia are cooperating with Washington for reasons unknown to the common man (woman).

One simple example, if you're using a VPN, look for signs of "leakage". Has your "no-records", off-shore VPN sent an email to you with your user ID? Hmmm. Could it be that you've been had?

new topics
top topics

join