It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navalny verdict: LIVE UPDATES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Navalny verdict: LIVE UPDATES

rt.com

Russian opposition protest leader Aleksey Navalny has been found guilty of corruption on a large scale. The anti-corruption blogger has been sentenced to 5 years in jail for embezzlement of funds in a state-owned timber company
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/18/2013 by semperfortis because: copy the EXACT headline

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Same old story, discredit & smear the opposition or those who oppose you, but in this case, because its the Russian government and not the US, it must be true

He earned his money running a timber company, yet Putin & Putin's followers says the EU & US give him that money to be a shill, you gotta love the cover story's used to silence or confuse the Russian people & protesters these days haven't you

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I flagged it for the news - not your sentiment.

American shills are pretty common these days - no?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

I flagged it for the news - not your sentiment.

American shills are pretty common these days - no?

I'm sure every first world country has them, but spotting a blatantly obvious smear campaign is another thing all together - No?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Smear campaign? Putins telling Snowden to STFU - so in your hypothesis Russia has contradicting agenda's?

If there's one thing I've learned about Russia - It's that they have highly consistent agenda's.
edit on 18-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Navalny is Snowden, Snowden is Manning, Manning is Navalny....

Finkle and Einhorn, Einhorn and Finkle

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Do people really not know that Putin and his 'administration' are the biggest mobsters in Russia?

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah I don't think its that big of secret at this point. Putin even reminds me of a mob boss. Must be good for politics right? He's been in office awhile..

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Putin and Co with eventually reap what they sow.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Smear campaign? Putins telling Snowden to STFU - so in your hypothesis Russia has contradicting agenda's?

What... while Putins other hand is firmly up Snowdens arse ?

Yeah that's really difficult to see

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

After certain point, money only becomes a numbers game. If these guys are actually looting billions then I wonder what is their motivation. The billions that they loot or steal cannot be put to use to fun acitivities. Money in the bank is no good except to feel good for a while but after a while this feel good becoming stale too.

I doubt Putin is looting but corruption is in the vodka and blood of the Russian culture. No wonder his defense minister was caught in $100M scan. Problem is when such people are not prosecuted then others get encouragement to do the same.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

yet Putin & Putin's followers says the EU & US give him that money to be a shill, you gotta love the cover story's used to silence or confuse the Russian people & protesters these days haven't you

Navalny isnt an Saint nor are the Russian opposition with slogans such Russia Without Putin! and most famously Down With The Police State they are just asking further questions.

I guess you see Navalny whose an leftist a Saint dont you?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And The Russian Opposition which is largely based off communists, pro western liberals pro EU and leftists are Saints right?

I am amazed how quick some people here believe everything they hear and see on the news when it comes to Russia and in this case Navalny.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

If there's one thing I've learned about Russia - It's that they have highly consistent agenda's.

Huh? What?

Putin didn't send back Snowden. He's pissed he showed up at all because it put pressure on the delicate relationship with the US. He want's to pretend to be America's friend while spying on them. Frenemies. Don't get me wrong, the US does the same thing.

He wants all the info Snowden has, and probably has hackers working on any network Snowden connects to.

He doesn't want to give him sanctuary, because it there would be too much blowback. But this is the guy who gives welcoming parades to any Russian spy caught and expelled back to the Motherland.

Former KGB agent, continuing friend of Mobsters, Bikers, and anyone with bloody hands in Russia.

This isn't news.

Putin is no frontman for peace or civic rights unless they are brought by bloodshed.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

And The Russian Opposition which is largely based off communists, pro western liberals pro EU and leftists are Saints right?

I am amazed how quick some people here believe everything they hear and see on the news when it comes to Russia and in this case Navalny.

It's not about who's a saint or a sinner.

It's pointing out who's in control and who's using that control for absolute power. If the opposition were in power, I'm sure the thread and article would be about them.

Good guys don't make it to the top. Somewhere along the line, being a "good guy" is career suicide. Or suicide by action. i.e., oops he careened into a tree and his car blew up. That sucks. What a freak accident...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Update

Putin critic Alexei Navalny:

released from custody

Anti-corruption crusader and Moscow mayoral hopeful free pending appeal

A Russian court on Friday released opposition leader Alexei Navalny from custody less than 24 hours after he was convicted of embezzlement and sentenced to five years in prison.

The release came after a surprise request by prosecutors, who said that because Navalny is a candidate in this fall's Moscow mayoral race keeping him in custody would deny him his right to seek election.

The release, under the condition that he not travel outside Moscow, will extend until appeals of his conviction are completed.

After the Friday decision, a smiling Navalny emerged from the caged-off defendants' section of the courtroom and thanked supporters who held protest rallies on Thursday after his conviction.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hehehehe! Gota love an Ace Ventura reference!

But I agree with the main thrust of your statements. All of these people are trying to do the right thing, and getting boned over by forces of staggering power and reach. The vast weight of thier balls is probably making the Earths orbit less stable.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The Russian Opposition is backed by several NGOs including the one behind the Ukrainian revolt. The British press Guardian is having an flied day with Navalny.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

The Russian Opposition is backed by several NGOs including the one behind the Ukrainian revolt. The British press Guardian is having an flied day with Navalny.

Oh my dear, which surely absolves Putin of any wrongdoing ever, for the rest of history. Of course.

Remember this started from the above post and reply.

Putin reaping what he sows.

Putin may indeed reap what he sows. And in any case, whether Navalny is backed by the EU, the black hand, the golden zebra donkeys... if his fight against those people is not above board, as is the rest of his legacy, he may indeed one day reap what he sows.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the other sides sins. Something wrong if Putin is suddenly an innocent victim in the story though...
edit on 19-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Huh? What?

Putin didn't send back Snowden. He's pissed he showed up at all because it put pressure on the delicate relationship with the US. He want's to pretend to be America's friend while spying on them. Frenemies. Don't get me wrong, the US does the same thing.

You really made me chuckle. You think Putin is a voice for righteousness and he is not happy about Snowden being there? OMG this is so laughable. Snowden allows Putin to take a stance and appear like the good guy as America is shamed and troubled by Snowden's leaks. Can you imagine what he would do with a Russian whistle blower? This is all right in line with the old Russian General's, Demitri Manuilski's words:

"War to the hilt between communism and capitalism is inevitable. Today, of course, we are not strong enough to attack. Our time will come in 20 or 30 years. To win we shall need the element of surprise. The bourgeoisie will have to be put to sleep. So we shall begin by launching the most spectacular peace movement on record. There will be electrifying overtures and unheard-of concessions. The capitalistic countries, stupid and decadent, will rejoice to cooperate in their own destruction. They will leap at another chance to be friends. As soon as their guard is down we shall smash them with our clenched fist." The source for this is:

"Communist Reforms; Take Them With Salt," The Daily Universe, Provo, UT, May 25, 1989, p. 3. A more recent study reported, "The preponderant base of evidence in the Soviet literature designed for internal use calls for their striking first against the west with maximum surprise when the situation calls for war and when the factors are in the Soviet favor." (Joseph D. Douglass, Jr. and Amoretta M. Hoeber, Hoover Institute at Stanford, Soviet Strategy for Nuclear War, 1979, p. 106.)

I think Snowden is a set up. I think his professional reveal is a big clue. The elites who control the world need to tear everything down including America, religion, security to bring in their new system. Very little happens outside of their control and if it does they quickly take it over and manipulate it to their ends. We are such pawns and sheep lead about by them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join