It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origins of Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Where does love come from? Its one of those answers we will never find out. Some people will say that their religion created love. Who created religion though? We human beings did. So we created love. Can animals love? Are only the intelligent able to love (comparing human intelligence to animals)? As humans, we use our 5 senses - can you love without them? Without our senses we a technically nothing. Does that mean love came from just having senses? Why do we hate the ones we love? Why do we love the ones we hate? We create alot of opposites. What would happen if hate didnt exist? Would love exist? How far can we love? Is love individually or everyone. Is love an excuse not to be lonely? Did love build religion? Did love build our society, culture etc. Has the meaning of love diffused too much? I love ATS. Is that the same as loving my family? Why does love cause pain? Is there a point to love? Is love a weakness for human beings? Is love the biggest lie ever? Can Hitler love? Can we love someone that doesnt exist? Does love give a meaning to life? Does love influence decisions and choices?

I have so many questions and Id like so many answers and opinions. Isnt it sad that we will never know the right answer for love.

Next question, what is sadness? Lol

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think love is given to us by the Almighty, not one particular religion...

I've experienced love, it's the best feeling in the world... I hope that everyone can also experience it someday...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Just check the relationship section of ATS. There's tons of variations on this topic.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Perhaps Love doesn't have an Origin at all. Something with the attribute of Origin implies an attribute of Destination, or in other words a Begining and End. (For anyone thinking that a Start doesn't always have to include and End, you are correct only when viewing it in a linear fasion. For example, a line that starts but never stops going does infact have an end if you stop the restriction of linear movement because from any point along the line and traveling back to the start, the start is then an end point.)

To define Love with that attribute sets atleast one very specific limit, that of Time. Included with Time comes the also the limit of Space. If that is the case then that would mean Love is subordinate to Temporal and/or Spacial reference. Now, once again if that was true then, for example, the Love you have for your child today could be gone tomorrow simply because the Time had changed. Or spacially for another example, would you say it is possible that Love could exist only as long as you were on earth but not on the moon simply because the location was different? (BTW the purpose of my example questions isn't to get 'The Answer', it's simply something to think about individually.)

Now, if Love is not restricted by Time or Space then it's existence or whether or not it is experienced must then rely on something other than external influences. Perhaps Love is simply always present but goes un-noticed and un-experienced based upon one's Internal Limits placed upon themselves. In this case it's similar to other forms of 'Energy'(used in the most liberal definition), in that it's everywhere whether or not we notice it, detect it or Tune into it.

new topics

top topics

join