It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 18, 2013: Update on the Atacama Being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The link below will lead you to a translation of an earlier article written in Spanish.

It discusses a number of things about the story of the Atacama specimen that were not mentioned in the documentary film Sirius.

Please post and circulate widely...

In the Interest of “Disclosure”: the Full Story behind the Atacama Being

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
One can tell just by seeing it that it is of great interest...and not the usual humanoid.

Which reminded me of other beings I heard of and saw pics of.....horned demons captured and tied with rope by native Americans .....anyone have any info on that.....they were examined by medical experts and confirmed.
edit on 18-7-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2syncs
It discusses a number of things about the story of the Atacama specimen that were not mentioned in the documentary film Sirius.

So it states it is just a human fetus.... which is exactly what it is!

Sirius seems to have sunk without a trace, just another con job by Greer.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by 2syncs

So it states it is just a human fetus.... which is exactly what it is!

Sirius seems to have sunk without a trace, just another con job by Greer.

No, it says this was only said publically, because of fear about repercussions, and the main doctor that was issuing the statement that it was a fetus, had a mortgage to pay, but in the OP story he says that it was not a fetus, and that it lived for 8 years and died from a blow to the skull..

Greer wasn't even talked to about this creature until a few years later..
edit on 18-7-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't see an alien. I see a Fairy, or Tengu, or whatever you want to call it, which has been spoken of in nearly every culture throughout the world. I suppose thousands of years of references and now a specimen with verifiable scientific tests just isn't enough for some people though.

Better pictures
edit on 18-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
a specimen with verifiable scientific tests just isn't enough for some people though.

Care to show us these "verifiable scientific tests"?
What peer reviewed journal were they published in?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was wondering what happened to Greers Beavis doll

edit on 18-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Report link

That report shows it was human....

Approximately 509 million (~91%) reads were mapped to the human reference genome hg19 (providing a 17.7 fold coverage of the genome). The presence of ~9% “unmatched” DNA should not be interpreted to represent anything unusual about the specimen itself. Reasons for the lack of match can include artefacts generated during library preparation, low quality reads from the instrument, or insufficient data to allow computational alignment against the human reference standard. Further, since this sample is likely to be at the least a few decade olds, and possibly older, DNA degradation resulting in apparently “false” mutations can occur.
Reconstruction of the mitochondrial DNA sequence and analysis shows an allele frequency consistent with a B2 haplotype group found on the west coast of South America

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So you don't see any significance in a scientific study of a six inch humanoid creature when compared to centuries of folk lore from around the world that references beings of the same size?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I find it very interesting. And despite this being a real anomaly. Notice the lengths he goes to put down Greer. But this is an excellent article and interview.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the people who hailed from this region seem to have made the first mummies.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I find it interesting that the people who hailed from this region seem to have made the first mummies.

Not only is the Atacama desert known for plenty of old mummies, it is also known that the culture there on occasion shrunk heads and entire bodies before mummification. Back in the 50s, another researcher already found a shrunken fetus in the SAME area, except that at that time no one used the word "alien", it was immediately clear that it was "only" a shrunken fetus (or very young child). And the earlier one looked TO THE DOT exactly like the alleged Atacama "alien"!

Why is the newly found mummy now supposedly an alien? Oh wait! Because Greer is a conman, that's why.
edit on 18-7-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Are you talking about Ripley's Atta-boy?

And doesn't every article on this 'fairy' say that the body was 6-8 years old and had callouses on its feet?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

Not only is the Atacama desert known for plenty of old mummies, it is also known that the culture there on occasion shrunk heads and entire bodies before mummification. Back in the 50s, another researcher already found a shrunken fetus in the SAME area, except that at that time no one used the word "alien", it was immediately clear that it was "only" a shrunken fetus (or very young child). And the earlier one looked TO THE DOT exactly like the alleged Atacama "alien"!

Why is the newly found mummy now supposedly an alien? Oh wait! Because Greer is a conman, that's why.
edit on 18-7-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

Did you even read the OP report? Doesn't appear that you did, along with a few other posters.. Greer is completely irrelevant here because he wasn't even involved in any of these findings until a few years after it was discovered and tested, those tests could not find any comparable DNA, and to this day it is still unresolved..

The public statements that were made, were not the truth according to the doctor's statement in this report, but he didn't wish to have his career destroyed... The OP report talks in great detail about all these things... Using Greer to debunk this is hilarious since he came along for the ride YEARS after it was reported on, tested, and discovered. No one knows what this creature is, and even the doctors aren't claiming it is an alien.. Only Greer has said it was non human.. But no one actually knows what it is..

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Considering they just discovered and verified the existence of hobbits and that we know of at least three (to five?) different types of humans in prehistory i think we still know very little about what was and wasn't alive on earth for the past millennia.

Other humans

Hobbit

We could also go into giant skeletons and the folklore surrounding them.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2syncs

Interesting reading. That such a being existed seems irrefutable.

Whatever way things turn out, the observation that it is a nocturnal being has caught my attention. Supposing, just supposing here that if its origin is non-terrestrial, from what kind of place would it come?

If human and super sensitive to sunlight, would that be reflected in the DNA composition?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks, OP, for bringing this article here - I really appreciate it! I have found the back and forth regarding this specimen to be fascinating from the first time I heard of it, which was not long before the Sirius movie was out. I knew it had a "backstory" but wasn't clear on what that was until now (or at least we have the perspective of the person being interviewed, anyway).

I would like to note that it is very possible to see a scientist make a decision to NOT go outside the box. Those that do can be subjected to huge ridicule and loss of position, power and job/funding. I was surprised that the Stanford team took it on, honestly.

Thanks again!
peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
An interesting article pertaining to tales of 'little people' around the world
Wee Folk
Latin American Fairies
Duende
edit on 19-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's a good study into
"how come I've never heard about this, if it's real?"

The leading Dr. in the field of pediatric joints and bones
flat out said that this 6 inch creature was 6-8 years old when it died.
But since that seems impossible, the people who could take this
to the next level, politely bow out to save face and career.
edit on 19-7-2013 by sealing because: Comma

top topics

<<   2 >>

join