It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Atheist Pray If..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I guess let nature takes its course. To me I do not think prayer would help and sometimes bad things happen to good people. I was reading how former professional wrestlers Edge uncle passed away after a bad car accident. Even though they were upset and did everything from prayer to medical. They decided he would want to be happy than sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No offence, but people such as Job lost alot more but kept the faith, and in return received a hundred fold for their loses. Just because God doesn't always answer, it doesn't mean He never will. It's like never playing basketball again because you missed your first shot, would you be so weak and disgusted to not take another crack at it?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Don't give a crap tbh, when I meet God I will punch the guy/girl/it in the face and he better ask humanity for forgiveness not me.
I will show him/her/it how weak Iam because humanity is stronger than any God we have made up.
edit on 18-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

LOL, if you met God you would have no choice but to bend the knee. You can play tough guy all you want, but in the end I'm sure you'll look pretty silly.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

So in other words you saying, you wouldn't pray because it didn't work for others, and therefore it won't work for you? I don't see the logic in that.
edit on 18-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I was just mentioning the story. But to me prayer will not help and is pointless. It can help calm you, but it gives you false hope. In the first post I mentioned alternatives which I think can help better if they can help. Like work with the doctors and what not.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I will not bend my knee to no man nor god, Iam a free human being Iam no slave.
You can bend your knee If you like but I will look him in his eye and tell him No you can't control me.
If God was a decent thing he will understand and respect me for it.
But I forgot your version of God (man made btw) is a vengeful evil God whose only weapon against humanity is fear.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

So in other words you saying, you wouldn't pray because it didn't work for others, and therefore it won't work for you? I don't see the logic in that.
edit on 18-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Why do you do it?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ok. But like I said in the OP, the doctors have done all they can using the latest and greatest in tech and medicine, but nothing has come through. Would you be so arrogant to not at least give prayer a shot?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well I wouldn't call it arrogance if I didn't pray if nothing else could work. I would just let nature takes it course and remember the good times.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Still trying to be tough huh. Get real. If God did exist, you would have no choice but to bow, you'd probably do it naturally. I swear, atheist think they are just beyond anything greater.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If someone was brought up from a religious family or even a family that believe in god.. then became Atheist after... they might pray because it is already ingrained in their mind.

I remember when i was 10... i had to walk thru some forested area to get home from school, i was scared of it cause i heard rumors of ghost and whatever.. so my mom told me to believe in god and it will protect you thru the forest. I believed it when i was young so that ingrained part is still in me.. so now i analyse things... if a "ghost" gonna get me, its getting me.

If you go to a isolated tribe that does not believe in god, and ask them if they would pray to god for illness or healing, you might get a better answer.. but then they must not have any god.. including rain, thunder, fire or a rock as god.

edit on 7/18/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Well I wouldn't call it arrogance if I didn't pray if nothing else could work. I would just let nature takes it course and remember the good times.

I can respect that. But isn't it possible that it might work? How would that be any different from a doctor saying he wants to try a new experiment? No guarantees, but it might work?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Crazier things have happened. But I'm very rational and more trusting with science. A new vaccine or tool will be more logical than something unexplainable happening.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So you would put trust in unproven science which may or may not work? But you wouldn't try prayer, which may or may not work? I just don't get it. It's an option that might possibly work, why not try it?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Do you have sources to back that claim?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Not an atheist at all, I just don't think God really cares.
We may as well put our efforts in ourselves and other humans and give God the V sign.
Humanity FTW!!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Fair enough. But I'm sure if this happened among an unknown tribe, I'd be willing to bet that they would have some kind of ritual which might be able to heal. whether it be a human sacrifice or whatever.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What, you gonna try to convince us their are 5 billion atheist out there
Do you got data to prove otherwise?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

How can you not be atheist and at the same time think God doesn't care? I'm rattled by that statement. Humanity has already failed you in such a matter, so who else could you look to?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join