It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US preparing for military action in Syria, top US general says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Question for our american posters. Is the american public buying this pantomime?
I'm on my congressman's email list so I got a request to participate in a poll where it was asked if I supported the US arming the "Syrian rebels".
Once I answered it, I got the results so far and it was 99% NO.
edit on 20-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Tell me again how he received a Nobel Peace Prize? I find it ridiculous that people let him get away with the double standards.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Wow, who knew they even asked. What do you wanna bet they don't care that it is 99% against?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

That article was written in 2004 so 5 years would have been 2009. My guess is the rods are floating and fully functional. Thanks for the article. That could make for a VERY bad day!

Here's a more recent article on the current production MGM-166 LOSAT Kinetic Energy Missiles (KEM), basically anti tank, also effective against reinforced urban structures. Hummvee mounted, helicopter carry-able, 5 km range.

In August 2002 Lockheed Martin received a contract for the first production lot of tactical Line-of-Sight Antitank (LOSAT) Weapon System missiles. The $9.3 million contract represents the first production run of the extremely powerful Kinetic Energy Missile (KEM), which is fired from the LOSAT vehicle. Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is the prime contractor on the LOSAT program. The U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command, Huntsville, Ala., is the contracting agency. Delivery of the missiles will be completed by July 2004. These 108 missiles will be used to equip the first tactical LOSAT unit, A Company of the 5-11th Parachute Infantry Regiment.

According to the FY03 DOT&E report, the kinetic energy missile is lethal when it hits its intended target. Live missile firings in DT established the missile's ability to hit and destroy a reinforced urban structure and a moving tank at relatively close range off-angle. Test firings against more challenging targets (e.g., evasively moving and multiple targets) and under more demanding conditions (e.g., extreme environments and countermeasures) remain.

See also RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3)

The RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3) is a ship-based missile system used by the US Navy to intercept short- to intermediate-range ballistic missiles as a part of Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System.[3] Although primarily designed as an anti-ballistic missile missile, the SM-3 has also been employed in an anti-satellite capacity against a satellite at the lower end of low Earth orbit.[4]
Warhead Lightweight Exo-Atmospheric Projectile (LEAP) kinetic warhead
Operational range >500 km (270 nautical miles)
Speed Mach 7.88 or 9,600 km/h[2]

What you do is aim it at a building using a high arc (like a mortar), against a building, such as Presidential palace or Presidential bomb shelter. (extremely deep penetration and destructive force without explosives.
edit on 20-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

WRONG!!! You are witnessing a destabilization effort by the US and the UK as well as other NATO nations. They have been bussing in terrorists and other mercenaries transplanted from Libya, Saudi Arabia, Quatar et al to fight a proxy war for the West and Israel.

And if you aren't smart enough to get that; then you don't belong in the discussion.

On edit: Isn't is funny that after the G8 in Ireland all has been real quiet on the home front??? Hmmmm??? I wonder why??

edit on 20-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

No need to be rude

Just pay no attention whatsoever to Russia,China,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Turkey,Egypt,UAE, Pakistan and their alphabet agencies.

ALWAYS blame the WEST!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are right, I came off rude. I apologize.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Quatar, Jordon, they are all Western puppets and they are financing the proxy war. Turkey, is another Zionist puppet, who is allowing entry through their country of weapons and fighters as well as our CIA trainers that have been stationed there for 2 years.

edit on 20-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As opposed to Assad who is a puppet of Russia,China,and Iran

What is the difference?

And their Alphabet agencies of MSS,MOIS.GIP,,ISI,FSB

Alrightie then heard this song before.
edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We have to go to another war.

Our economy stinks.
Unemployment is high.
We can't have thousands of troops finishing their tours, getting out, and be broke with no jobs.
That might not bode well for the mid-term elections and set the stage for a poor showing in 2016.

Gots to get to war 'n fightin'!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Pthena,
Thank you for posting the extra links and info! Great information, wow what a weapon.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Of course someone else has already mentioned the PR usage of the word "Kinetic".

What are non-kinetic means in warfare?

Answer:
Jamming communications, freezing bank accounts, anything non-lethal that hurts the enemy's ability to wage war

By this definition, the U.S. is already deeply involved in warfare against Syria and Iran. In addition to those listed, add also training and equipping terrorists that operate in country and economic and trade embargoes designed to cripple the economies.

The U.S. suffers under a serious double standard. The very crime that Iran is accused of, "supporting terrorists", is the very same crime it commits openly, blatantly, and "legally". The "legality" seems more a matter of no authority domestic or otherwise has the power to bring the war mongers to heel.

So "going kinetic" means opening fire with military technologies and forces.

Also: The U.S. is constantly upgrading and enhancing its abilities to destabilize and destroy, but losing its ability and/or will to stabilize and build. Examples: Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Libya.

edit on 21-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by justwokeup

Question for our american posters. Is the american public buying this pantomime?
I'm on my congressman's email list so I got a request to participate in a poll where it was asked if I supported the US arming the "Syrian rebels".
Once I answered it, I got the results so far and it was 99% NO.
edit on 20-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Thanks. That gives me some small comfort that the public might put the brakes on this.

With regards to the words kinetic i wouldn't get all worked up about deeper meaning.

'Kinetic Action' in this context is just a euphemism for 'drop bombs and kill people'. Its the same as 'collateral damage' means 'murder of the innocent'.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So i guess when condensing America's beloved ally the Saudis are popping there own support for the Syrian opposition thats fine then?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What is the difference?

And their Alphabet agencies of MSS,MOIS.GIP,,ISI,FSB

Alrightie then heard this song before.
edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

It seems your logic fails here.

As opposed to Assad who is a puppet of Russia,China,and Iran What is the difference?

Whats the difference? a major difference. Also i noticed you haven't replied to me earlier on this. Cant say that i am not surprised.
Syrian opposition chooses Saudi-backed leader

The Syrian National Coalition chose Ahmad Jarba as its president after a close runoff vote that reinforced the influence of Saudi Arabia over a perpetually divided opposition movement that has struggled to convince its Western and Arab allies that its fighters are ready to be given sophisticated foreign weaponry.

The difference is, when the Saudis are now controlling the opposition that means they control the Islamists as therefore the so supposed Syrian opposition cant be viewed as Democratic.

So you prefer the Islamists supported by the Saudis to rule over Syria then as opposed to Iran then?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by neo96

So i guess when condensing America's beloved ally the Saudis are popping there own support for the Syrian opposition thats fine then?

So what?

Russians get to so why not?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It seems your logic fails here.

So Assad isn't an Eastern Puppet tell me more.

Whats the difference? a major difference. Also i noticed you haven't replied to me earlier on this. Cant say that i am not surprised. Syrian opposition chooses Saudi-backed leader

1. Because Im busy
2. Sorry someone isn't getting the attention they want.
3 So what?

Russia China and Iran back Assad so big deal.

The difference is, when the Saudis are now controlling the opposition that means they control the Islamists as therefore the so supposed Syrian opposition cant be viewed as Democratic.

So Russia, Iran And China propping up their guy is democratic?

Alrightie then,.

So you prefer the Islamists supported by the Saudis to rule over Syria then as opposed to Iran then?

I honestly don't care unlike others who are so obsessed with the Saudi's.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The usual Typical response thankful your view is in the minority.

Its a big deal unless your one of those people that are suggesting the Libyan intervention was a complete success, Oh wait thats actually what your trying to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its a big deal unless your one of those people that are suggesting the Libyan intervention was a complete success, Oh wait thats actually what your trying to do.

And again for this flawed logic you get two stars? i think some people dont have a brain if they truly believe that the Saudis are Democratic.

So Russia, Iran And China propping up their guy is democratic? Alrightie then,.

So are the Saudis, Qataris democratic then? come on answer the question Pro interventionist. And hows Libya doing? oh thats right its in chaos.

So Assad isn't an Eastern Puppet tell me more.

Oh how now i see where your going with this, so in truth according to you would rather prefer the Islamists ,salfists supported by the Saudis and Qataris to role over in Syria as an Western puppet?

Do you have any idea how wrong your views are on Syria? it has being two years since the war in Libya had passed where are those Pro Libyan interventionists? wait dont tell me you were cheering that to.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

And?

Oh so you base validation on your opinions by what other people think?

Alrightie then others don't.

Honestly don't think too much of Libyans after beating, and dragging Gadaffi through their own streets.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Deja Vu.

Come again?

And again for this flawed logic you get two stars? i think some people dont have a brain if they truly believe that the Saudis are Democratic

Russia is not democratic, Iran is not democratic, China is not 'democratic'.

There a point there?

So are the Saudis, Qataris democratic then? come on answer the question Pro interventionist. And hows Libya doing? oh thats right its in chaos.

So?

Russia,Iran, and China are pro interventionist.

Oh how now i see where your going with this, so in truth according to you would rather prefer the Islamists ,salfists supported by the Saudis and Qataris to role over in Syria as an Western puppet? edit on 31-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Yeah I get it already after the endless Saudi this Saudi that I get you don't like them so no one should

We done here?

edit on 31-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join