It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deformed Vegetables, Fruit Reportedly Pop Up Around Japan Nuclear Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yahoo/ABC

It's getting coverage on mainstream media, complete with gruesome pictures I won't repost here. Click the source for some nasty photos, and if you're squeamish don't.

I had hopes, when seeing the title of the article, that maybe this will wake some people up, like all those who still live there and those who are traveling there and feeling safe. I know a lady whose husband got a job in Japan and they moved (she while pregnant) to live there for the next three years. I asked her before she went if she felt safe going and of course she did, it was "all fine there" according to her. She has already been to the doctor to have a cancer growth removed, but of course that could be unrelated.

Interestingly, this article notes that

"The vegetable photos are suggestive but, at present, are only anecdotal. Follow-up studies need to be conducted by qualified researchers to verify the validity of these observations."

Now I'm not a farmer so I don't know how often these things crop up naturally when growing food in large scale. Can anyone with experience in this area chime in?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest this has something to do with the wave after wave of radiation pouring out of their nuclear reactor/s.

Vegetables can deform like that, it just happens. But when you've got something going on like in Japan, it's pretty obvious.

The ocean not being poisoned to death is tantamount to mankind's survival as a species. Unfortunately we don't seem to care.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
Yahoo/ABC

It's getting coverage on mainstream media, complete with gruesome pictures I won't repost here. Click the source for some nasty photos, and if you're squeamish don't.

If you click on the slideshow that your source links to, it states:

CORRECTION: A post on a website in Japan reports that these images aren’t related to the Fukushima disaster. We regret passing along the misinformation.

edit on 18-7-2013 by DaveWx3 because: Changed tags to external text

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why would this shock anyone. The grapefruit in the store was made from irradiated seeds from a different plant . I'm sure that grapefruit killed many of our kin originally, but after three or more generations they taste pretty darn good.
edit on 18-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

DaveWx3

Originally posted by Ameilia
Yahoo/ABC

If you click on the slideshow that your source links to, it states:

CORRECTION: A post on a website in Japan reports that these images aren’t related to the Fukushima disaster. We regret passing along the misinformation.

edit on 18-7-2013 by DaveWx3 because: Changed tags to external text

Well either it was legit mistake, or covering up.

The Japanese are notorious for trying to save face.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That could absolutely be the case. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these veggies come out of the Fukushima area.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fact checking this isnt very hard, image searching the pictures shows they're a random collection from various sites, many years old predating fukushima

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That could absolutely be the case. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these veggies come out of the Fukushima area.

Why? There haven't been any bizarre vegetable mutations as of yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

top topics

join