It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Now: Information That Will Move The IRS Scandal Up Into The White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Cspan is showing the hearing.

They are now claiming the targeting of Conservative Groups goes all the way to the Whitehouse.

Could a deal be on the table for Lois Learner?

This is getting good.

Live Hearing

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
C-Span?

There might be more people reading your post, than watching that channel.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here's an article just posted by CNS......

IRS employees were ordered by their superiors--including Lois Lerner who pleaded the 5th Amendment against self-incrimination rather than testify in Congress--to send certain Tea Party tax-exemption applications to the office of the IRS's Chief Counsel, which was headed by William Wilkins, who at that time was the only Obama political appointee at the IRS, according to a letter released today by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

“As a part of this ongoing investigation, the Committees have learned that the IRS Chief Counsel’s office in Washington, D.C. has been closely involved in some of the applications,” reads a letter released today by the House committees on Oversight and Government and Ways and Means. “Its involvement and demands for information about political activity during the 2010 election cycle appear to have caused systematic delays in the processing of Tea Party applications.” ...............
[color=cyan]
Wilkins, the IRS chief counsel, had been appointed by President Obama to his position in 2009

IRS Employees Ordered to Send Tea Party Cases to IRS's Only Obama Political Appointee

SO, it looks like the Executive Branch WAS involved.

What a SuuuurPrize

Many of us have long suspected that the White House 'deep cover operations committee' has been placing their moles and hamsters in key places.

The tree choppers need a new compass....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I have always kept my fingers crossed that Lois would get at least
immunity for starters-- so she could open up with what she's got.
Trouble is, I wonder if she was even around when the orders were
given for a dogpile or not... much less who was handing them out.

If it was Valerie transferring a "request", who cares? Policy running in
the face of USCode is still a blatant gaffe, and nobody south of the
DOJ top levels would have to carry the stuff out. If it was an "either-or-"
set of orders, the job or the illegal/ unconstitutional dig, it could get
sizzlin' sarge... depending on the source if it gets nailed down right.

BTW Thanks(!) for the heads-up and the cSpan link, it's the first one
ever that hasn't timed out on my ultra modern AMD sundial over here

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
C-Span?

There might be more people reading your post, than watching that channel.

"At least kabuki has ornate costumery." Robby Noel on RBN, 2007

I had to simply get up when I still had a TV and make an extra pot of coffee
for Bill Conyers. I really don't either recall a time for the two minutes making
it while he was questioning a visitor-- to miss any of the dialogue's thread.

Better sedative than any barbturate, watching government self-policing....zzzzzz

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The IRS should have audited those American Taliban
until they were leaving their great great great grandchildren debt as an inheritance.

That's all they are anyway. I don't feel sorry for those groups at all. Trying to skate on taxes and, the reason this is such a "scandal" cause if those donors were revealed, it would show that the TEA Party is backed by big business instead of concerned citizens. Thank you Citizens United.

If it were a truly grass roots movement of the people, why so eager to hide the donor lists? Who's on those lists that might show the American public what the TEA Party really is all about?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So, it is taking C-Span reporting on Hearings, over something most everyone knew and many refused to admit.

What a surprise.

Let's hope it goes as far up as the corruption truly is.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Obama doesn't know anything.
Seriously.

He hasn't got a clue.
He knows absolutely nothing.

Biden scored twice as high on the WhiteHouse IQ test than Obama.
And HE scored a 3!

So, Obama knows absolutely nothing. He doesn't have a clue. He couldn't pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

He knows nothing.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Gotta love the fact that you are fine with one way slanted investigations and such. All to further your ideals and agenda.

Maybe you would be squealing if Code Pink got he same treatment.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I know!
What could have possibly provoked these guys into believing
that certain 501c groups like Karl Roves' Crossroads might be
illegally using billionaire money to sway an election.
The nerve!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I know!
What could have possibly provoked these guys into believing
that certain 501c groups like Karl Roves' Crossroads might be
illegally using billionaire money to sway an election.
The nerve!

So the answer is to commit fraud in a Presidential Election?

To use the full force of the American Government to block citizen's right to assemble?

You can't have a large event without insurance. No tax ID# no insurance.

If you don't like the law on tax exempt change it. You just can't make up your own rules.

I am forced to agree with Bill Clinton. "Obama is an Amateur".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

This isn't about the tea party! This is about the I.R.S. Keep towing your party line.

There are plenty of liberal democratic organizations that are guilty of what you are implying. Yet I don't see a single response from you in any of your post about that.

Eventually your ship will sink, and you will go down with it. Troll on.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Troll on!!!

What the IRS did to 'enemies of the state' electioneering for the current administration thus making him or any other candidate illegitimate.

Who cares though right just post inflammatory comments to get a rise out of people.

Disclosing personal financial records of the opposition that the press got a hold of to attack them?

No wonder a certain someone 'out raised' the contender makes me think they should go back to the 2008 election as well.
edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Unfortunately nothing will be done - regardless of what happens. If there was absolute proof like a video, there still would be nothing done.

Obama has already made Nixon look like a timid little choirboy by comparison and no one cares.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

If it were a truly grass roots movement of the people, why so eager to hide the donor lists? Who's on those lists that might show the American public what the TEA Party really is all about?

The REAL reason to hide the donor lists are due to the retaliation that is likely to come from the Chicago thugs squatting in the White House!

FWIW, they forced closure and seizure on car dealerships that donated to the 'wrong' ('wrong' meaning, "not Obama's) party during the first term; can you imagine the backlash that is likely to come during this turn? They're not putting the drones up for nothing!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

As witnesses have testified to the House Ways and Means Committee, the chief counsel for the Internal Revenue Service may have played a role in the IRS’s practice of reserving special scrutiny for Tea Party and other conservative political groups. William Wilkins, chief counsel and one of two political appointees at the IRS, was “closely involved in some of the applications” for tax-exempt status, according to a press release from the committee.

Loyal donor political appointee

WASHINGTON – Today, President Barack Obama announced his intent to nominate the following individuals to key posts at the Department of the Treasury: Herbert M. Allison, Jr., Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability, who will also have the title Counselor to the Secretary and be an advisor on policy matters; and William J. Wilkins, Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service and an Assistant General Counsel in the Department of the Treasury.

Smoking gun?

So yeah I do say the White House was involved.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

I have always kept my fingers crossed that Lois would get at least
immunity for starters-- so she could open up with what she's got.
Trouble is, I wonder if she was even around when the orders were
given for a dogpile or not... much less who was handing them out.

If it was Valerie transferring a "request", who cares? Policy running in
the face of USCode is still a blatant gaffe, and nobody south of the
DOJ top levels would have to carry the stuff out. If it was an "either-or-"
set of orders, the job or the illegal/ unconstitutional dig, it could get
sizzlin' sarge... depending on the source if it gets nailed down right.

BTW Thanks(!) for the heads-up and the cSpan link, it's the first one
ever that hasn't timed out on my ultra modern AMD sundial over here

imho Lerner is an idealogue who would take immunity and spill no beans at all, or maybe find one objectiver/fair person in the chain of command and blame them. she doesn't deserve immunity, she's the guilty party (one of them).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is going to the same place that Benghazi and Fast and Furious went, nowhere.

To the left, the fact that the IRS was overly focused on Tea Party type groups is a good thing. Most of the media won't complain. Many democrat voters get money form the IRS in opposed to paying taxes so it really doesn't matter.

Same old acceptable corruption. It's only unacceptable if it doesn't promote the agenda.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
everybody knows that the 501c4 groups named "teaparty"...were groups that wanted to collect secret funding to be used against Obama before the election, all the while getting a tax break on those funds...nobody has the balls to come out and say it. how many teaparty" groups were for charity only or were for Obama???....let's get real here...the right-wing can have as many of the "teaparty" groups that want by classifying them as 527's. I, AS A TAXPAYER DON'T WANT TO GIVE TAX BREAKS FOR RIGHT-WING POLITICAL GROUPS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join