It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought Rev. Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson to the Zimmerman case?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What really got them down there?
I have been thinking about this, there are a LOT of shootings every day. Black on black, white on white, black on white, white on black. So, why was this case given attention by Jackson and Sharpton?

Heres what a friend of mine thinks, he thinks that before it was released about Zimmermans color, they just saw the name and thought he was jewish. They thought they would go down and start a jews are shooting blacks issue. Then got down there and had to save face.

Is my friend nuts?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What brought Rev. Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson to the Zimmerman case?,

A chance to get their faces in the news ... to make a lot of noise ... to try to stay relevant to the ignorant masses who actually listen to them. Without all the race baiting, these idiots wouldn't have 1/10th of the following that they have. Oh .. and i'm sure it strokes their own egos and they get off on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Air time.

Old and angry men often look for the means to get on TV. Fred Phelps did it with Glee this week.

Al and Jackson are too sophisticated for something like that, they had to wait until there was a made up race argument on the table, so they could go out and rile up African Americans for no reason other than the media asked them to jump, and they said "HOW HIGH!?"

Pathetic really.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I believe that the Martins legal team courted them down there, just like they did to get Obama and Holder involved.
This isnt about justice anymore, its about revenge.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Sharingan because: lol

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They are tools.

They have become dull lately and needed some sharpening.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Two words.

Media Attention.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What brought Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson to the Zimmerman case? Because they both have a long history of profiteering from race baiting and have been consistent provocatuers of racial discord.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Is my friend nuts?

I don't think so. I think he might be dead on it.

Since common sense is so far down on the list of tools used by the dynamic duo, you can fully understand the confusion. I just wonder if Zimmerman will have to kiss Jessie's ass?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Neither of Zimmerman's parents are Jewish. They are Catholics.

But I can see why many people think He is Jewish.

Keep in mind that tree choppers like Jackson and Sharpton have a whole bunch of advisors that make sure anything they get involved in is 'kosher' so to speak. They are very very careful.

I think the main player is the Martins' lawyer.....
I bet he's getting some big scratch off this.

Trayvon Martin's family's attorneys, Benjamin Crump and Daryl Parks appear to have connections to an Astroturf activist group that led protests, marches and other civil disobedience that forced the removal of Sanford, Florida's police chief, the arrest of George Zimmerman and even led chants calling for nationwide protests after the "not guilty" verdict was announced in criminal case.
Trayvon Attorney Crump Denies Connection To Astroturf 'Dream Defenders'

It's all about that 'old school' money ya know

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Those racist scumbags will show up at any event if it means either money or air time to pretend they are still relevant.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

The are both Race Pimps. That is what brought them down. Just another instance of them getting on TV and spouting off with their BS.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are too nice, Flyers,

They are Free publicity whores, whenever is a case or issue that have to do with two difference race groups they are there like whores to sell their goods to the willing public at the time because otherwise nobody wants what they are trying to sell.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That would be publicity ,which is their only source of income.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Any other questions?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Same as poster above..

Mucho dinero...

Soon they will have another money making opportunity and will forget Trayvon.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The perception was that a white guy shot an innocent black teen and the police were hushing it up and sweeping it under the rug, and this was never going to end up in court. That's why they went down there. That's why there was outrage. Heck, I was mad about it. It doesn't matter if that was true or not, that was the perception. That's how the media slanted it. To add to this perception there was a strong (right wing/conservative) and very obvious push to demonize Trayvon Martin from the very start of it. This didn't sit well with me. (nobody even knew any of the details at that time.) It was a small group pushing this propaganda, but it was very loud. Perception.
edit on 18-7-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join