It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter: Eric Snowden’s Exposure Of NSA Spying Program Was ‘Beneficial’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jimmy Carter: Eric Snowden’s Exposure Of NSA Spying Program Was ‘Beneficial’

www.opposingviews.com

A former U.S. president says that he supports Eric Snowden’s decision to expose the NSA’s domestic spying program. Jimmy Carter said the information that the NSA whistleblower brought to the attention of the public was “beneficial” for Americans to know about and that the invasion of privacy by U.S. intelligence services had started to become an infringement on civil rights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/18/2013 by semperfortis because: copy the EXACT headline

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Even Jimmy Carter is saying that the Snowden leaks are good, that democracy in America is dead because of NSA and rouge agencies over reaching, and that invasion of privacy has gone to far.
This originally came out in a German news source in Germany and notice that most MSM is not running this story.

You won't find this being mentioned on Fox, Msn, Cnn, or any others......hmmmmm i wonder why.

Cause after Michael Hastings was killed, all journalists are now fearing fkr their own lives and won't risk saying anything bad about big bro and all the black military programs/budgets.

Its like I woke up and am living in an Orwell novel where people are afraid to speak up, journalists get killed, big bro spying on citizens........is this real life?

www.opposingviews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter now does it? If Eisenhower was aware of the dangers of the military industrial complex, then surely Carter was also, so why didn't he try and do something when it mattered?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
It doesn't really matter now does it? If Eisenhower was aware of the dangers of the military industrial complex, then surely Carter was also, so why didn't he try and do something when it mattered?

If I recall correctly, nsa spying on citizens became a thing under Bush just prior to 9/11......

On top of that I believe when a new President steps into office on the first day, they get a sit down with the mega-corp military contractor ceos and illuminati, letting him know he's just an actor on a stage, a puppet.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Today's espionage is yesterday's journalism.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

If I recall correctly, nsa spying on citizens became a thing under Bush just prior to 9/11......

On top of that I believe when a new President steps into office on the first day, they get a sit down with the mega-corp military contractor ceos and illuminati, letting him know he's just an actor on a stage, a puppet.

Like this by any chance?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Eisenhower couldn't move against the machine. It had been entrenched since WWII. Kennedy proved that you die if you question the machine.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh Jimmy Carter...you just get nuttier and nuttier as each year goes by.

I bet Carter and Gore are BFFL

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I would love to see this reported on an actual US news station. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

Things like this validate my feelings & opinion on the creepy actions of our 'superiors'. Thumbs up for Carter.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There has been no Democracy in the UK or USA since it was removed by Blair & Obama in exchange for a dictatership as both countrys have become. That's why we think it odd that we attacked Muslim Countrys to force Democracy on them when we had already lost it here.
It was simply a way of America & UK getting forces much closer to Russia ready for WW3 that is fact.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Oh Jimmy Carter...you just get nuttier and nuttier as each year goes by.

I bet Carter and Gore are BFFL

I think you meant to say, Big Bro just keeps getting nuttier and nuttier as each year goes by. I'm surprised there are no pics out there of Agents of alphabet agencies, whiping their own arses w/ copies of the constitution.

Nuttier is relative....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Cause after Michael Hastings was killed, all journalists are now fearing fkr their own lives and won't risk saying anything bad about big bro and all the black military programs/budgets.

This might interest you:

$100,000 Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship - A Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

As to Carter's comments on Snowden - they were published by "Der Spiegel" which where the Snowden leaks are concerned usually means it will get picked up by the Guardian. From there it will trickle further through to other MSMish outlets...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Years ago my father in law at the time, who worked for Hewlard Packard, told me the most strange things that at the time I really didn't understand. First he told me that he was sent on several secret missions to set up some kind of communication systems and that he had to lie to his wife and kids about where he was going because these were top secret operations.

Why he told me I can't say, other then he had had a few cocktails, was retired ( he retired at 55 ) and I "hounded" him all the time about politics, I was a flaming liberal at the time, and making me look foolish amused him.

But the weirdest thing he told me was that all Presidents come into office with their visions and ideas and quickly learn they have no power and leave office often times "broken"......he knew a lot of powerful people in business and government...he retired a very wealthy man, and as much as I always thought he was a bully jerk, I don't think he was a liar.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hmmm.
I am a bit troubled by this.
He is a nice guy and everything, but a buffoon, in my opinion.
I have never really agreed with Jimmy Carter before, so it scares me a little.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yeah I believe that.

The reason I said that a new prez gets a speech on day one in the office that he will just be a puppet, is because when the whole Union Debacle in Wisconsin was going on, sometime in 2010-2011, Obama went there and did a speech for the Union (I really wish I can find it and post it, but have not been able to find a place that has all his speeches yet)

anyway at this Wisconsin speech, I was with a few friends, all of who know about illuminati and stuff we know about here on AS ...so we're all watching the speech, and then Obama says (paraphrased): "The People Above me, they don't always like what I say or what I do. And they don't want me to tell you guys this, but I am on your side no matter what they want me to do."

We all looked at each other wide eyed and the first thing one of my buds said was, "Did he really just say that?"

I'll see if I can find the speech

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I knew it would happen sooner or later. I'm glad a former president is the one to do it. Democracy had a good run here in the U.S but I have to agree with him, it's no longer functional...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Find that speech, please !

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When did America become a democracy?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

It wouldn't surprise me if the first thing that a new President is shown, is a video of the JFK assassination from an angle that no one has ever seen, handed an agenda and asked "Any questions?".

Edit: Ha! That figures that would be a line from Bill Hicks, and most likely where I got the idea from years ago.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

He was a real president before the corporations finished there coup-detat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join