It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devout Catholics Have Better Sex

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
* That's the title of the article. Not my title.

** If the mods think this is too touchy ... the please just 'trash can' the thread.
But I think we could be grown up enough to have a non-explicit discussion ...

US News & World Report - Devout Catholics Have Better Sex

Devout, married Catholics have the best sex of any demographic group, the Family Research Council said at an event Wednesday, pointing to a collection of studies from the last several decades.

The socially conservative Christian group relied heavily on statistics from the University of Chicago's last National Health and Social Life Survey, conducted in 1992, which found the most enjoyable and most frequent sex occurring among married people, those who attended church weekly – any church, whether Catholic or not – and people who had the least sexual partners.

"Those who worship God weekly have the best sex," said Patrick Fagan, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council and a former George H.W. Bush official, in a talk hosted with the Center for the Advancement of Catholic Higher Education Wednesday. "I want to see this on the cover of Playboy sometime."

- This is from the 'Family Research Council' .. which obviously has an agenda. But their information does look pretty interesting.

- 'Better Sex' I think would be relative. 'Better sex' for one person would mean 'loving sex' whereas someone else might think 'better sex' is reaching peak pleasure many times.

- Devout Catholics and other Christians tend not to stray from marriage .. so they don't have to worry about STDs and other icky things. So perhaps they relax more during sex? Maybe.

- A committed God centered relationship which is monogamous may be more spiritually fulfilling and therefore the spiritual and the physical both are brought to a higher level in the relationship.

- I'm sure the atheists and agnostics and non church going other folks will say they are doing just fine in this area.
that's fine. I'm not 'selling' what the article says.

I thought this could be an interesting article for discussion. NON EXPLICIT discussion. We could give it a try.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, maybe the Catholic women make more banana bread and banana cream pie. Bananas contain bromalain which can help fight cancer somewhat but also can boost testosterone.
Same with papaya, the papain does the same thing. Keep your husbands happy and you will be happy

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My Catholic Kitchen - Banana Bread Recipe
BOOM! Easy to find. You may be right.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think your right about the better sex being relative. Aren't they more likely to have been virgins when married? So that means that they probably have only had one partner.
So, nothing to compare to, yet plenty of time to get "comfortable" with each other.

Maybe this is why they tend to have large families as well?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe they just convince themselves they do because they feel that don't have a choice? You can make yourself think a lot of things if you have to.

And yeah...this info is just packed with subject/relative wording and ideas....so it's hard to make heads or tails of it.

Daniel

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my younger days I slept with a few married Catholic women. I agree that they have better sex.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Maybe this is why they tend to have large families as well?

More likely that the Vatican is against family planning methinks?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The title should read:

"Devout Catholics Have Better Sex, More Unwanted Pregnancies and No Condoms"

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't care if devout Catholics have better sex, those are still little boys!

and people who had the least sexual partners.

I guess they don't have a whole lot of reference points to work with. A lot of things look good if you have nothing to compare them with.
edit on 18-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Fap Fap Fap

Fap

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Maybe I need a nice Catholic woman. Lol

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh dear me - giggle giggle!!!

I wonder if the sex botherers asked people of other denominations and non believers what they thought.

Its a bit like a survey which was carried out in a hotel lounge. The researcher saw three men and asked them if they were married and if they minded answering a few questions about their sex lives.

The German and the Frenchman had no problems but the English was a bit reticent but was nudged into agreeing by the other two.

'So How many times a night do you have sex with your wife Herr? '3 to 4 times each night' was the answer. 'What does she say to you in the morning?"' 'Vunder Bar, Vunder Bar' he replied proudly.

Next He asked the Frenchman about how many times etc and was told '6 or 7 times' and what did his wife say to him in the morning. 'Magnifique, Magnifique' was the reply.

The Englishman was looking distinctly uncomfortable by now and was bright red when the researcher turned to him and asked how many times he made love to his wife? "Once'! he blurted out. Both the other men smirked to each other and the researcher then asked "and what does she say to you in the morning?' 'Get off!'

I make no comment except to say it was Dutch mate who told it to me and whom could probably spell the words correctly. I wonder just how many people would want their sex lives researched into and would they tell the truth?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well wanting to have sex is lust, unless you are doing it to get pregnant; so even if it were true that Catholics have better sex, that would be promoting sin according to the bible.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think first off it is of course relative (what defines better is totally subjective).

In general, I do agree that long term commitments will make a couple far more satisfied in the bed than the short term and fling stuff...you learn someone and what to do in a relationship.

But, there is also something to be said about the excitement of being with someone for the first time...that in itself may satisfy someone moreso than someone that knows them and they know for years.

Also, as mentioned, I think number of partners (comparison) can play a role in it. If you can count your lovers on one hand (and have fingers left over), chances are your a bit nieve and bias..which is fine (have 3 different crackers then decide what is the worlds best food based on those three....nevermind you never tasted steak or chicken...)

Anyhow, the agenda is obvious. I am not opposed to it, I think promoting long term relationships is a good thing for society, be it marriage or other. But outside the agenda, well..thats all subjective.
Good to know they allow themselves to enjoy this rather mundane natural instinct like the rest though and not buy into all that nonsense about guilt and reproduction only, etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Well wanting to have sex is lust, unless you are doing it to get pregnant; so even if it were true that Catholics have better sex, that would be promoting sin according to the bible.

Yes, but then again, so is eating shellfish and bacon.
caths though simply go to confession and say sorry to god and its all good.

Serious design flaw imo. God makes us with all these primal overwhelming instincts, then suggests we are bad for having them...
its like if I tossed water on someone then got angry that they were wet.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think this kind of proves that Catholics are carnally minded, doesn't it? If they have more sex than any other people then that means they are lustful and not doing it for procreation. Aren't they supposed to be spiritual and what not? Weird.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think this kind of proves that Catholics are carnally minded, doesn't it? If they have more sex than any other people then that means they are lustful and not doing it for procreation. Aren't they supposed to be spiritual and what not? Weird.

I can't recall anywhere where it's forbidden or sinful to lust after one's own spouse.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No that's incorrect. You are told to enjoy your spouse. People are sinning when they lust after someone or something that is NOT their spouse.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Uh, no it isn't. In marriage, a man and a woman are a union, one flesh. You can't lust after what is yours. Infact, if you deny your spouse sex, that is a sin. Now sex outside of wedlock is a sin too.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lust pertains to things that are not yours. Your wife is yours, not someone elses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join