It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't buy this "theory" of gravity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Clearly, it's just a theory. Stupid scientists have no idea how it actually works. Gravitons? That sounds like some vitamin or something. They are just making this stuff up.

If gravity existed, wouldn't we have been pulled into the sun by now? If gravity exists, why can birds fly? Why do planes work? I can't SEE gravity, science can't tell me exactly what makes it work, some say mass warps space time, sure, that makes a lot of sense. NOT.

So I'm supposed to believe some idea some idiot a few hundred years ago came up with after getting knocked on the head with an apple?

come the heck on, it doesn't make any sense. Objects attract because they want to. I want to stay planted on earth, which is flat, and not orbiting the sun btw, so I stay. Now, if I was able to calm myself down into a state of deep inner peace, I'd be able to turn off those thoughts, and float around like a balloon.

And there's another example, gravity should pull a balloon down, but helium balloons float. Don't tell me you buy that "helium is lighter than air" crap, helium doesn't exist! You can't SEE it. It's made in the sun during nuclear fission? Pffft, that doesn't make any sense. How the heck is the sun going to create helium? It's just like, hey I'll make some helium today, what do you say moon? And the moon is like "sure man, and I'll just hang here proving gravity doesn't exist because I haven't floated away or crashed into the earth yet"

Gravity. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
you can see helium... helium can be liquefied through expansion cooling. There!

The rest of your post - MEDIC!

link   
I agree with you...like the theory of evolution, it is a theory because it has the word theory in its name.
plus the fact if we came from monkeys how come we can't speak monkey?

link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

OK, did you just say the Earth was flat?
Who knew...huh?!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the chuckle.
I strongly recommend that you commit to a religion. There are quite a few to choose from. Choose a church close to home for convenience. Once inside those doors there will be a simple explanation for everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Someones been on the sauce i think a bit too much

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

lol I figured it was far enough out there to remove the need to add "/end sarcasm" to the post, maybe I was wrong

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

lol i know that, i also know the atomic structure of helium, i just felt like barfing up a bunch of crap instead of posting more facts in the anti-evolution thread.

hopefully it will bring some humor to a few peoples day.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I've been dry for two weeks :/ though I'm drunk on Darwinism threads

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

you of all people should be able to speak monkanese I would think

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

No, not wrong. We just omitted it....can you say omitted it? Sounds weird when you say it out loud.... "omitted it"

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I can but they only have stupid things to ask me....like "If humans evolved from us we are their true gods"
Stuff like that so I tend to ignore them

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I agree with you...like the theory of evolution, it is a theory because it has the word theory in its name.
plus the fact if we came from monkeys how come we can't speak monkey?

Lets twist this a bit further...

Who says that we aren't actually speaking monkey right now and that the monkeys are speaking human and taking the piss out of us all because of how Darwin screwed it all up?

Duuuhh, goes to uncork a bottle...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 18-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

You just totally blew my mind. I have to update my HR information and resume to reflect the fact I no longer speak English, but instead I am 100% fluent in monkanese.

Or is it monkelish?

==

eta: just saw your sig, lol best laugh I've had today.
edit on 18-7-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This little extract makes me think of us all here on ATS :

Is Primate Communication More Complex Compared to Other Groups of Animals?

Most primates live in groups in which members know each other individually and maintain multifaceted social relations; factors which are thought to favour the evolution of advanced communication skills (McComb & Semple 2005).

Linky wink here : www.nature.com...

This thread touches me a little personally as i have worked with primates for over 25 years.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 18-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Whoops forgot link

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Watch a five year old kid on a playground and he will apparently invalidate the theory of gravity over and over again. Then, after that, seek to reproduce what the kid did, exactly...

A few hundred stitches and a few casts later? Viola - renewed faith in gravity!

This has nothing at all to do with the time I tried to swing on a swingset when I was 36 and found myself in the ER... Nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jump off a building and see it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Care to share in what capacity? I love the little guys and feel quite bad about the ones caged up in zoos.

I've always considered some of the higher primates to basically be as close to human as you can get without being human, they are very intelligent. Unlike a lot of animals where humans project emotions onto their non-emotional responses, primates do feel, the appear to love, they care for their young.

I recall seeing a picture not that long ago of a person who worked with a primate and was reunited with it years later in the wild, and it remembered him and hugged him.

They've even taught some sign language. I can't even learn that lol Maybe the monkeys and other primates are actually the more evolved species, maybe they are just as intelligent as us but picked the right branch, so to speak, and stayed in nature, enjoying life as it should be.

Until we show up and poach them

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

haha I helped my friend do just that, cept he landed face first and pushed his buck teeth right through his lip, nasty.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They don't really know for sure what causes gravity. They do know how to measure it and have theories and hypothesis that they have made, but these theories do not explain everything, having parameters that exclude certain things that don't fit their theory.

I myself think that the surface tension of the earth forms away from the earth and the area between this surface tension and the earth creates the gravity. The more energy or energy potential the planet has the more gravity it has. This is related to mass but not specific to mass, it is also tied to the core of the planet. This forms a multilayer ionic field on the planet and a multilayer atmosphere dependent on the attraction of the element to the core/mass energy. A small planet with a more energetic field could have more gravity than a huge chunk of rock with no energy potential. Energy potential also includes deposits of stuff like uranium. If you destroy the uranium you could theoretically weaken the field leading to atmosphere changes. The metalic crystals in the earth help to transfer this energy and maybe oil layers may be able to dampen it's effect by insulating the electromagnetics like sheathing on a wire.

That is my hypothesis, but then I don't have as much knowledge about this as people who are taught consensus of the time knowledge. Another words I am making a guess like the ones others have made.
Pay attention to their theories, I don't think like others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join