It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deluge Dreams & Dragons: Haunting Tolkien, Terrifying the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's probably not a smart move to combine two seemingly unrelated topics into one combined post, because it might confuse others as to the connection--initially. Just give me a few moments of your time and I'll try and explain it.

There are three main assertions I'm making:

1) The historical flooding of the Earth is embedded withing the psyche of humanity, as evidenced by the recurrence of Deluge dreams by many as well as the Atlantis myth.

2) Dragons were a real phenomena, as evidenced by all ancient cultures around the world having legends of these creatures.

3) The deluge of Earth could very well have coincided with the onslaught of Dragons.

Considering the first point, well first, let's look at Tolkien for a moment.

Humphrey Carpenter writes in his biography of Tolkien, 'Occasionally a strange dream came to trouble him: a great wave towering up and advancing ineluctably over the trees and green fields. The dream was to recur for many years. He came to think of it as 'my Atlantis complex'.'

After checking a few websites on the subject, it seems as if the top dreams in folks are the falling and drowning dreams. Although I've had the falling dream, I've never had the drowning dream. BUT I have had plenty of flooding dreams since childhood, although I've never actually dreamed of drowning in them. It seems though that most people in one form or another dream about water.

I don't think I really need to mention that the story of Atlantis is one story that persists. It's further testament that a Deluge has overtaken the Earth in the past. All cultures around the world have written annals of the Deluge. And we still remember it at the subconscious level.

Consider this for a moment. If data can be stored electronically and everything that exists is energy, there can be no doubt that information about the Deluge is also stored permanently within our electric world. And remember how well you remember something when there's trauma attached to it.

Now, onto Dragons.

At Sarehole he had begun to learn Latin from his mother and to read books about dragons.

Everyone should be familiar with Tolkien's work and emphasis on dragons, especially within his beloved book The Hobbit.

Dragons are another recurring theme that circles the world over. Even though these different cultures are separated geographically and had no communication or knowledge with one another, they all still shared the same fascination with Dragons.

Could there have been real fire breathing dragons or dinosaurs back then? Anything's possible. But I submit for your consideration for a moment that what they were actually witnessing was a great celestial event in the sky. Something zigzagging and looking to bring fire down from the sky. Everybody saw it and by God it was terrifying.

Now to continue on in my correlation with the third point, I might lose you. But if I have you even somewhat at this point, I hope you can forgive me

I think what Dragons were, was a planet that turned into a comet, or perhaps a comet that turned into a planet. The universe we live in is electric, so the sparks radiating out between planets and moons danced around in our sky like a terrifying dragon.

Think about the planet Venus and her depiction in classical paintings. Long flowing RED hair. And then depicted as the Medusa, having suddenly changed with flowing snakes emanating from her scalp.

Now we should hopefully all know that the Earth responds to solar flares and CMEs. This is because these are electromagnetic forces. The same forces would also have been present during Venus' reign of dragon-like terror before settling her way into her current position. The Earth would have been violently effecting quite possibly moving the continental crusts of the planet, leading to what? You guessed it:

A flood.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

If you disagree, loved to hear it, or your own dreams of a flood.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Did you just watch that 98 Godzilla movie on TV a couple of days ago Circleofdust

I think that Dragons were various types of Dinosaurs that lived up until about a thousand years ago. Where is the evidence? Ask the Chinese who are making soup out of fossilized dinosaur bones. I bet a freshly killed dinosaur would get you a good price per pound on the open market. That is if the sciences didn't confiscate it and give you a piece of paper saying how great you were for giving it to them. Well, hopefully the certificate it would be made of something you could at least use as toilet paper someday. If one landed in my yard and I had to shoot it, I would put it on ice and list it under food on EBAY.
I'm sure I could find a few local butchers to help me cut it up in trade for some of the meat.

Just think of the sausage you could make from the casings. A dragon? nice natural smokey flavor.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Dragon meat? Droooolll...

Thanks as always for blowing my mind, MickyRouse I mean RickyMouse

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

Evolution of language. Most people today think the word gross means disgusting. It actually originally meant huge, somehow it's definition was twisted. A girl would sometimes say a really big guy looked gross when I was young, but the other person took it as bad looking not realizing what it meant. Pretty soon everyone started calling people gross because parents did not tell the young what gross meant. Misunderstandings cause conflict.

A huge spider is gross, not because it is ugly. A huge person is gross because they are big, not necessary because they are ugly. Words mean different things to people.

Why the Post, hell if I know.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

Evolution of language. Most people today think the word gross means disgusting. It actually originally meant huge, somehow it's definition was twisted. A girl would sometimes say a really big guy looked gross when I was young, but the other person took it as bad looking not realizing what it meant. Pretty soon everyone started calling people gross because parents did not tell the young what gross meant. Misunderstandings cause conflict.

A huge spider is gross, not because it is ugly. A huge person is gross because they are big, not necessary because they are ugly. Words mean different things to people.

Why the Post, hell if I know.

Come clean rickymouse, you know that is dragon poo on a stick you have for an avatar

The question is: Is it gross?
It would be if it was a baby dragon. Then again all spiders are gross to me because I hate spiders, no such thing as a small one because they all are too big.

For the Op:

I have had a few weird dreams associated with flooding, one of them was even a flood of fire. I'll post them here if you like in a while when I have a little more time. A few things always seem prevalent in them too. Things like big ass food, alternating weather in a short period and weird lights/noises in the sky as in WW3 has just begun or something crazy like that.

Anyways they are just dreams, I'll post some I remember soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Before I write some of my dreams down, what would be the best summery of you're post?

That basically something once came near the Earth and that "something" created massive movements of the earth and thus created the great flood? Also not only that, one of the phenomena associated with such a close encounter was gross amounts of electricity and who knows what that people of the time associated as dragons?

Does this celestial body come by more than once by any chance?

Also are these recorded pictures we have of dragons in multiple cultures throughout the ages just a metaphor for something non-biological, as in crazy ball lighting and meteors falling from the sky?
Because they all look too eerily familiar to me to just be metaphors for something else, just my opinion.

Gross is such a good word, I mean it's not like ships used to carry a gross tonnage of trolls now is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here is some dreams I remember of floods and flooding of some kind.

I'll start with a good one first, I might have actually wrote it once in this forum, anyways...

From what I remember the dream started during a warm sunny day and me and my family were all in the garden tending to fruit and vegetables, it was a weird garden because it had anything you can imagine growing. Like every time you looked at the the apple tree it was not just apples but pears and oranges would be there upon looking closer.

It seemed as if this garden was growing in real-time and when I mean growing, I mean growing. The more I walked about saying "look at this" in wonder, the more everything got vaster and fruit/veg got bigger. As I potted about it started to get to sunset then everything started to ripen, again in real-time. They began to rot and get eaten by pests in real-time too. Like a year is but a day.

Not to let anything go to waste I told everyone to start getting ready for a feast, get the barbecue started and all that jazz. At this point it was all still a sweet dream because I was again potting about picking up things to cook and prepare. That is when things started to get weird...

As I stood at the barbie in my dream cooking onions and tomatoes etc, a big light flew across the sky. Everyone screaming WTF was that... while I jumped up and down screaming woo hoo, they everyone else was crapping it while I felt elated. Then I noticed to the north-west a constellation was dancing like some kind of psychopath rocking on a stool. As I started to realize this was just a dream it all started getting rowdy at the front of my house, since it was just a dream I thought I'd investigate.
When I got to the front door everyone was running and gone mental, I mean like some people screaming while running about as if someone put a hot poker where it shouldn't be. While others were shooting and attacking those who were running, total utter madness.

Then their was a bang and a huge tidal wave came from the east, (I can see the coast from my house, the land rolls down to the sea) I just stood on my doorstep watching this water swirling and beginning to come to rest about a mile or so from where I was. I must have woke up after that because I don't remember anymore, except that when it all began to settle the Sun began to rise and the sky looked cloudy but beautiful.

I had another dream similar about a month or so later, in that one my garden flourished too but I never got to use anything because everything rotted so fast. Also in this one, When night came it was triangle vehicles started flying about extremely low. Everyone panicked the same but a few things were different.
No crazy dancing lights were in the sky but there was a lot of helicopters and other military hardware flying about.

Again in this dream I rushed to the front door for a better view of what all this noise and commotion was about. This time it was soldiers indiscriminately shooting anything and everything, choppers, troops, tanks. Again strangely the mess always seemed far afield except for the gunships and troops shooting those in the street, it was if I was not there but just viewing it in some kind of quick-time.

Then out of nowhere some missiles or meteorites came flying down into the sea to the east. When they landed there was no noise just a fast approaching flood of fire engulfing everything as it came my way.

Yeah... I woke up before it hit.
Comparing the dreams, the first gave a good feeling till everyone went stupid and I couldn't understand why. The second dream I didn't like one bit

I have had other dreams of flooding in a big basement with loads of corridors in it, I was actually so freaked by this one I wrote it down. I have it around somewhere and I'll type it up if you like. I have also had dreams about lying on a beach somewhere and a tidal wave comes with literally everything in it.

Strangest thing is, in my dreams I don't think I have ever touched water. I always wake up before it touches me.

Strange things dreams... I try not to read into them too much.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Before I write some of my dreams down, what would be the best summery of you're post?

That basically something once came near the Earth and that "something" created massive movements of the earth and thus created the great flood? Also not only that, one of the phenomena associated with such a close encounter was gross amounts of electricity and who knows what that people of the time associated as dragons?

Does this celestial body come by more than once by any chance?

Also are these recorded pictures we have of dragons in multiple cultures throughout the ages just a metaphor for something non-biological, as in crazy ball lighting and meteors falling from the sky?
Because they all look too eerily familiar to me to just be metaphors for something else, just my opinion.

Gross is such a good word, I mean it's not like ships used to carry a gross tonnage of trolls now is it?

Yeah that's pretty close to it. I'm not sure about the return aspect of what you might mean, I think it does but not by what might be commonly thought of as Nibiru etc.

I'm pretty sure like you and Rickymouse that dragons did actually exist, but then they used that imagery for what they also saw in the skies.

The other way I go on the flooding thing was that the atmosphere was just so much more prevalent back then, more hydrogen and oxygen. Then when Venus swept by us in a fiery rage it converted a lot of that gas into water, creating the deluge.

I mean, look again at Venus.

mmmnoodles.files.wordpress.com...

Water, lots of water. And the sea shell which is indicative of when she was close to Saturn in our skies.

Consider the moon's craters too. There's no way those are impact craters, since asteroids don't normally hit at perfect 90 degree angles. Those are huge spark strikes of celesital lightning, the God's thunderbolts.

I mean a lot of this is already covered in the Alien Sky video by the Thunderbolts project.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I love looking at the etymology of words. They'll hide everything in plain sight. Like Jesus. Lord Zeus / Isis or maybe just Hey, Yous, over here!

My favorite word of origin though: sincere

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Holy guacamole, there are so many things that are so similar to some of my dreams, I don't even know where to begin.

Corridors lots and lots of corridors.

Of course, the water that never does touch us.

I have never had the garden dream of big fruit like that but I got some weird deja vu reading about your dream there. I wonder if it had to do with the Golden Age once where we didn't have to work for our food with our sun's perfect conditions and lower earth gravity? Although maybe because it grew and rot so fast it has a different meaning.

And aircraft in the sky too. Coming from a distance, on me, etc. I think that has to do with our technological advancements, which I believe happened in our past as well.

But just kind of amazed how eerily similar it all can me. You kind of freaked me out! And just imagining it again. Wow.

My worst nightmare came as a kid that I had many times of 2 rocks falling to Earth but then they didn't hit. Even though there was no chance of them not hitting. Still to this day trying to figure out that one.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I'm looking for the earliest languages I can find and comparing the similarities in the words. There are a lot of sorta means in what I consider the primordial language or first tongue. Been studying the Hu sound today, and thinking about what I study. At the end of the night, after comparing it to many definitions, I will form an opinion about it. Often with these words, the meaning that is written is an interpretation. Hu is supposed to be a nature god in some places yet Huma is that which identifies something...Basicly the clothes you wear identify you. It is easy to learn what type of people you see by their clothes sometimes So Humans were either god men or they were culture identification traits Cloths could be used to identify your religion back then also I suppose. I think the ones who have the definition of Hu as nature gods translated it wrong. Maybe it is the nature of the people who worshiped certain gods. Funny if I am right, the Jews write everything down but could be misinterpreting their ancestors writings. Well, they have always been big on wine

edit on 18-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I love it. I'll bet that was one of the key areas of study for Tolkien, since he always took the original meanings of sounds in choosing his words like Bilbo or Frodo or Mordor... and then to create his own language was just genius at that primordial level. And yeah Jews have a historical propensity at waywardness, it's kind of surprising that they're not embarrassed at their own accounts in Judges if nothing else.

Glad to at least have gotten you guys here. This seemed to be a dud thread in terms of reception. I guess it was either too confusing, too crazy, or just not interesting to folks idk.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The culprit lies in the Timor Sea/ the Chesapeake/ both, I believe. Gave us some issues no doubt

bigthink.com...
edit on 22-7-2013 by Doomcake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Deluge.. check. Possibly due to a meteor impact causing 20+ mile high global tsunami..or the gravitational pull of another planet such as Nibiru.

Dragons in worldwide ancient culture. .check. Is this because of dinosaur sightings? There are artifacts showing humans riding dinosaurs. Or is it an alien race such as the draconians. Inter dimensional beings? Or is it somewhere in between?

I do not buy the fact that they are imaginary.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomcake

I'm not following..

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

Thanks, yeah whatever it is I don't buy that it was imaginary either. Not when it is so deeply buried within our psyche.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Would like to just post here for time stamp purposes

Dreamed of a tsunami in Turkey last week. Could be in the past (Noah's flood) or future. Don't know.

new topics

top topics

join